New Jon project with Jean-Luc Ponty

Moderator: N2yes

New Jon project with Jean-Luc Ponty

Postby Yessong » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:31 pm

Jon and Jean-Luc - so they had the Kick Starter Campaign to raise funds to put out an album of material. Seems that the verbiage on the page was, somewhat, convoluted. Donars assumed this would be a studio lp and the actual product will be a Live Lp of new work with some older stuff mixed in. Some folks are upset and feel lied to....your feelings?
Yessong

Charter Member

Re: New Jon project with Jean-Luc Ponty

Postby Chris1960 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:55 pm

It's the sort of thing that leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I didn't subscribe - I'm not sure why, ultimately not interested enough I suppose, although I may have investigated the finished product.

Jon has a long history of unresolved projects. Unfortunately rumours also abound that there have been fallings-out throughout his career over financial issues. I didn't examine the 'offer' closely, but I was under the impression [as it seems most of the subscribers were] that the result of the investment would be a studio album. I suppose it remains to be seen exactly what the project will yield, but the current situation looks none too promising and the handling seems... questionable.

It doesn't bode well for the longer-term so far as this type of funding is concerned if people feel short-changed on the deal.
Chris1960

Return to YEStalk