Only Alan

Moderator: N2yes

Only Alan

Postby Yessong » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Driving in to work this morning it suddenly occurred to me that, with the death of Chris, Alan is the only current member that was a part of the 90215 line-up...just food for thought
Yessong

Charter Member

Re: Only Alan

Postby Chris1960 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:19 pm

Why the 90125 lineup? Steve is the only one from the Yes Album lineup - there's no-one from the first two albums. I guess with Anderson no longer in the band and Chris' death, that continuous chain is broken forever...
Chris1960

Postby guilddigger » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:31 pm

Remember Rick's prediction of a Yes long after the original members are dead and buried.
guilddigger

Starship Trooper

Postby TaterMouse » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:16 am

guilddigger wrote:Remember Rick's prediction of a Yes long after the original members are dead and buried.

No. Steve Howe will return from the grave if necessary to prevent that.
TaterMouse

Charter Member

Postby Chris1960 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:31 pm

guilddigger wrote:Remember Rick's prediction of a Yes long after the original members are dead and buried.

The perpetual Yes idea is routinely trotted out on YesFans and it annoys the hell out of me. It's a stamp-collector's or brand-slave's idea of Yes.

I know there's still a Glenn Miller orchestra [actually several, so where's the 'literal' truth in that? (and in any case an orchestra is by definition variably constituted)], but Yes' status as a band, let alone a brand, unfortunately means that if such an entity exists after the death of its originators, it would probably struggle to fill bars, let alone concert venues.
Chris1960

Postby TaterMouse » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:40 pm

Chris1960 wrote:The perpetual Yes idea is routinely trotted out on YesFans and it annoys the hell out of me. It's a stamp-collector's or brand-slave's idea of Yes.

I know there's still a Glenn Miller orchestra [actually several, so where's the 'literal' truth in that? (and in any case an orchestra is by definition variably constituted)], but Yes' status as a band, let alone a brand, unfortunately means that if such an entity exists after the death of its originators, it would probably struggle to fill bars, let alone concert venues.

Don't you think to some extent we're already there.......
TaterMouse

Charter Member

Postby TaterMouse » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:43 pm

I don't mean that in a particularly good way either
TaterMouse

Charter Member

Postby Chris1960 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:26 pm

TaterMouse wrote:I don't mean that in a particularly good way either

You couldn't take that in a good way!

[I think you're right unfortunately - I'd watch Steve Howe play in a coal shed, but it's a struggle to accept he and a few random musicians playing Yessongs together are Yes and the audiences do seem to be dwindling].

PS Merry Crimble to all my old YesChoms.
Chris1960

Return to YEStalk