"Outside Of This (Inside Of That)"

Moderator: N2yes

"Outside Of This (Inside Of That)"

Postby max619 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:39 pm

Anybody out there knows if Jon Anderson ever performed live "Outside Of This (Inside Of That)" from legendary album The Friends Of Mr. Cairo?
Google does not provide any hint.
I have listened to the album version a zillion times...I love that song.

cheers

Max
max619

Re: "Outside Of This (Inside Of That)"

Postby TaterMouse » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:48 am

Not a clue. I'll check a few resources. If I find anything I'll post back.
TaterMouse

Charter Member

Postby TaterMouse » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:11 pm

I'll call this a decisive post. If the thing ever was done live, as far as I'm concerned it was never recorded. I think the J&V stuff is really tough to find anyway. Outside, of course, of State of Independence which Jon sort of made his own and did other stuff with. Sorry. In my question I found some nice live videos from Song of Seven tour. Good stuff.

Sorry, brother.
TaterMouse

Charter Member

Postby max619 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:02 pm

TaterMouse wrote:I'll call this a decisive post. If the thing ever was done live, as far as I'm concerned it was never recorded. I think the J&V stuff is really tough to find anyway. Outside, of course, of State of Independence which Jon sort of made his own and did other stuff with. Sorry. In my question I found some nice live videos from Song of Seven tour. Good stuff.

Sorry, brother.

Thank you for getting back to me on this. I tend to agree with you...if it was ever performed live it was not recorded. I remember trying to find out the same thing but regarding Talk Talk's song "I Believe In You"...in that case it was never performed live... Bon Iver covered it...he performed it live many times as good as Mark Hollis!!
In the case of "Outside Of This (Inside Of That)" I could not find anybody doing a cover of it either.

Cheers
Max
max619

Postby TaterMouse » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:37 pm

I always like Horizon. There's a certain haunting sensation when Jon kicks in with the "in amongst the rings of confusion..."
TaterMouse

Charter Member

Return to YEStalk