YYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY ANDERSON WAKEMAN RABIN!!!!!

Moderator: N2yes

YYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY ANDERSON WAKEMAN RABIN!!!!!

Postby TaterMouse » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:25 am

TaterMouse

Charter Member

Re: YYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY ANDERSON WAKEMAN RABIN!!!!!

Postby happytheman » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:55 am

I mentioned this in the previous thread.. Glad to see there is support for this project.. I'm very excited for it.. great combination of musicians.. Rick was recently quoted as saying one impetus for moving forward with this was the passing of Chris.. the other was the recent passing of Lemmy and David Bowie.. bringing that harsh reality that none of us are destined to be here very long and we need to get on with what we were put here to do.. Great advice for everyone.. Dust off those dreams that you have buried and fulfill them..
happytheman

Charter Member

Postby TaterMouse » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:20 am

Support for the project???? I've been DREAMING ABOUT THIS! I'll buy any album and go to any concert.

(puts hands to ear) Yooohoooooooooooooo... Tony Levin........... Can you hear me??????

Actually that would probably not be necessary with Rabin playing virtually anything necessary that resembles a guitar. Just need a drummer. You know... the kind that might be willing to come out of retirement.......
TaterMouse

Charter Member

Postby Yessong » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:38 pm

YEEEEE-HAWWWW!

So psyched for this project. I love Jon's solo work but have always felt he needed a rocker to balance out his soft delivery. The Yes Album, "Talk", proved that an Anderson/Rabin writing team can deliver
Yessong

Charter Member

Postby TaterMouse » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:53 pm

I think Anderson / Rabin make a great writing team. And for heaven's sake. Put Wakeman into the mix and I cannot imagine what will come out of it.
TaterMouse

Charter Member

Postby Tomfoolery » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:57 pm

TaterMouse wrote:... (puts hands to ear) Yooohoooooooooooooo... Tony Levin........... Can you hear me??????

Actually that would probably not be necessary with Rabin playing virtually anything necessary that resembles a guitar. Just need a drummer. You know... the kind that might be willing to come out of retirement.......

Well, live, they'll probably be wanting a bass player... kinda difficult for Trevor Rabin to play both at the same time. He'll be pretty occupied with the guitar...

That being said, wouldn't HAVE to be Levin (though it would be nice). I'm sure there are a WHOLE LOT of extremely talented and accomplished bass players out there that would jump at the chance to share a stage with talents like Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman, even at scale wages.
Tomfoolery

Postby TaterMouse » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:42 pm

I'd love to see Bruford come out of retirement for this, but I have a feeling one of his biggest issues with Yes was Anderson's Napoleon complex. I'm not certain about that. Just sort of surmising...
TaterMouse

Charter Member

Postby TaterMouse » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:44 pm

Tomfoolery wrote:Well, live, they'll probably be wanting a bass player... kinda difficult for Trevor Rabin to play both at the same time. He'll be pretty occupied with the guitar...

That being said, wouldn't HAVE to be Levin (though it would be nice). I'm sure there are a WHOLE LOT of extremely talented and accomplished bass players out there that would jump at the chance to share a stage with talents like Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman, even at scale wages.

I'll take Levin. The thing I like about him is that he doesn't exactly sound a lot like Chris Squire, yet his work on ABWH fit in super well... A VERY unique sound.

If I can't have Bruford on drums I'll take Lou Molino III.
TaterMouse

Charter Member

Postby Tomfoolery » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:03 pm

Levin's great, and he's already got the connections... Union, ABWH and with Alan White on Levin Torn White.
Tomfoolery

Postby TaterMouse » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:41 pm

TaterMouse

Charter Member

Postby TaterMouse » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:40 pm

TaterMouse

Charter Member

Postby Yessong » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Got my tickets for October 22 on Long Island! I'm in the very last row but it's a small venue so there are no "Bad" seats
Yessong

Charter Member

Return to YEStalk