[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - best tour of the last 15 years

best tour of the last 15 years

best tour of the last 15 years

Postby NumberNine » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:57 pm

NumberNine

Re: best tour of the last 15 years

Postby Lyth » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:23 pm

Lyth

Charter Member

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:16 am

topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby Relayer » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:32 am

Relayer

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:16 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby sound_chaser » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:36 am

sound_chaser

Postby Chris2210 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:08 pm

I have very fond memories of the Open Your Eyes tour because it was the first time I ever saw the band live and it was a bit of a (very pleasant) shock that they were so dazzlingly brilliant. Without that expectation it's an experience of a different character. I would say it's a bit like walking through the alleyways of Venice and coming out into St Mark's Square for the very first time - nothing quite prepares you for it.

Once you've gained the expectation the effect is never gooing to be quite the same again. Doesn't stop you going back of course - I'd never now miss a tour in practical range and I usually try to see them twice.

The Symphonic Tour strikes me as amongst the best in more objective terms [I'm not sure if that's entirely possible]. I was absolutely blown away by the performances of In the Presence Of and And You and I in particular.
I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.
Chris2210

Postby Terry Shea » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:19 pm

My personal myspace page:

My music myspace page:

Ignore the problem and it will go away.-some dead moron
Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby Ash » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:35 pm

Hi,
Symphonic was special, not least for the reimagining of Gates and Ritual,
I didn't attend the 35th Anniversary shows, too expensive, too difficult travelling if you don't drive (I don't), and I don't like arenas.
2003/Full Circle was a bit flat for me, too long and they got real tired-sounding. Open Your Eyes was a wild return and a celebration of everything Yesinness. Masterworks didn't cross the pond, but I have a recording from it (Holmdel), and that sounds great.

Nothing from the last 15 years measures up to the Relayer Tour, however glad I am that they are still around and performing.

Best wishes
ash
War Music, Peace Music, Love Music,
We move to it all..........
Ash

Postby Tomfoolery » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:55 pm

I've been a fan since 1974, but the first time I ever got to see them live was 1998 (the second leg of the "Open Your Eyes" tour), and I have to agree with Chris2210 - NOTHING beats your first time. My (now ex) wife told me I was like a little kid, sitting on the edge of my seat with this HUGE grin pasted on my face and a HUGE glitter in my eye.... and I haven't missed a tour since. I hate to say I may have to miss this one, though. I'd REALLY like to go, but I just can't afford it.....

However, I have to say, Yes Symphonic was AMAZING. I've been ruined for Gates now... seeing it live (Relayer is my favorite Yes album and Gates my favorite tune on the album) with the orchestra backing up the band was absolutely incredible, and even though I appreciate it as it is on Relayer as well as the way I've seen it performed other times WITHOUT the orchestra, that version is still the best I've ever heard.
"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"
Tomfoolery

Postby shedend » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:03 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][/CENTER]
shedend

Veteran Member

Postby yesman90125 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:20 pm

:)
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby the greenman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:49 pm

Tend to agree that the Symphonic Tour was great, with the orchestral version of Gates. I enjoyed the OYE tour, cos it was a long time since we'd seen them live in the UK..
the greenman

Veteran Member

Postby thehallway » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:19 pm

thehallway

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:19 pm

I'm torn between the 2002 and 2004 tours . . . both of those were very special to me . . . :)

During these years, I missed The Ladder tour, and Symphonic, although the DVD of Symphonic is amazing, and is darned close to actually BEING at a live show!

Although I enjoyed the other tours - Talk, OYE, Masterworks, those later shows just hit a chord with me . . . I'll go back and see if I can find my reviews of those . . .
tardistraveler

Return to Tour and Concert talk