How Can YesFans Be So Cruel??

How Can YesFans Be So Cruel??

Postby twinarchers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:55 pm

If you read the reviews from the Dallas show on the YesWorld site you will see that some fan yelled out the f word at David saying "we want Jon"! Steve was so mad he had to stop and turn his back to the audience to compose himself. :mad:
Also the meet and greet afterwords was less than what you would want I think in part because of this.
If you really feel that bad about Jon then stay away which would send the strongest message I think.
If I was at that meet and greet and this happened I would be bummed for sure.
I just dont get some people. :confused:
twinarchers

Re: How Can YesFans Be So Cruel??

Postby tardistraveler » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:08 pm

There are always rude people at concerts - don't know what makes people want to GO to them, if all they're going to do is talk, heckle, etc.

I was at a solo Jon show in Atlanta with some awful people sitting in back of me - talked incessantly, runs back and forth throughout the show for beer (as if they needed anymore) - I just wanted them to SHUT UP so I could hear the show!

And at a Yes show in Chicago, there was a woman talking the whole time behind me - finally I could stand no more, and neither could Arlene, who I was with - we both turned in unison and yelled "WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP!!"

Actually, she did . . . I was amazed . . .

If all you want to do is drink beer and talk, and you don't even like the band you're hearing, then just stay home . . . :rolleyes:
tardistraveler

Postby twinarchers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:39 pm

We had the same thing happen the other night. These two guys were talking non stop.
We ended up moving anyway so it turned out to be no big deal but WTF, just listen with ocasional comments.
twinarchers

Postby coalescestudionyc » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:35 am

Didn't you get the memo? Everybody's a star and we all want to hear their comments.

I PAID my money and YOU will get to hear ME say obnoxious things/drink beer/smoke pot/take enough piss breaks to qualify for disability and YOU can't stop ME because I'M SPECIAL and I PAID my money and YOUR money DOESN'T matter!

Michael
coalescestudionyc

Veteran Member

Postby thehallway » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:18 pm

I was once sat behind a woman at a gig, who was fantastically enthusiastic about the music, but was also unfortunately very tall and keen on standing up :confused: She also had an extraordinary talent of being able to clap irregularly and MISS EVERY SINGLE BEAT , in a way that made a simple 4/4 song sound like it was in 27/53 time. Her dancing left a lot to be desired too. Luckily she moved down towards the stage in the second half to annoy some of the people there...
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:11 pm

OMG - we had the mad dancer in front of US at a Yes gig back in 2004 . . . this person was gyrating madly, and we couldn't see. I tried asking her to sit down, and was ignored. Then her FRIENDS tried to get her to sit down, and they didn't have any luck either!

I think massive amounts of drugs were involved . . . :rolleyes:
tardistraveler

Postby thehallway » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:53 pm

LOL!

Theres one like that at every gig I think.
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:20 am

Want to see some more cruelty? Go to YesWorld, to the tour reviews page, click on all the shows and see all the cruelty from the morons who want to just spend their money go bitch about Yes performing with the current line-up. A lot of it makes me sick!
Ascend and Create!
topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby Wakemaniac » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:38 am

I will repeat the words I wrote on the sister site Yesfans.com:

APPALLING DISGUSTING and TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE behaviour. :mad:
Caroline [:yes]songs
Wakemaniac

Return to Tour and Concert talk