"Re-creating Tour"

Re: "Re-creating Tour"

Postby PhilistineTheArtLover » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:00 am

PhilistineTheArtLover wrote:LOL! You silly, you! But I tell you, as much as I loved the show last night there was one thing I really missed....

Jon Ander...? No, no, no!!! Shhhhh! Keep quiet, dude. I know exactly what you're talking about but don't say anything or otherwise you'll be censored, dude, and I'm not kidding you. Just act as if He never existed, for your own sake, otherwise they'll tell the authorities on you, man, and I ain't kidding you.
Sooo, hey, how about that last Asia album?
PhilistineTheArtLover

Postby PhilistineTheArtLover » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:02 am

PhilistineTheArtLover wrote:No, no, no!!! Shhhhh! Keep quiet, dude. I know exactly what you're talking about but don't say anything or otherwise you'll be censored, dude, and I'm not kidding you. Just act as if He never existed, for your own sake, otherwise they'll tell the authorities on you, man, and I ain't kidding you.
Sooo, hey, how about that last Asia album?

The last what? Asia? Oh, you mean that boys band made out of 60 year old men going through a middle age crisis....
PhilistineTheArtLover

Postby PhilistineTheArtLover » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:03 am

PhilistineTheArtLover wrote:The last what? Asia? Oh, you mean that boys band made out of 60 year old men going through a middle age crisis....

Dude, God! Listen, I can't keep talking to you. You're nothing but trouble, OK? Bye, bye, to you!
PhilistineTheArtLover

Postby PhilistineTheArtLover » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:03 am

PhilistineTheArtLover wrote:Dude, God! Listen, I can't keep talking to you. You're nothing but trouble, OK? Bye, bye, to you!

What a wuss!
PhilistineTheArtLover

Postby thehallway » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:47 am

Sounds like a great show, good for you.

Are you bi-polar? lol
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby PhilistineTheArtLover » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:39 pm

thehallway wrote:Sounds like a great show, good for you.

Are you bi-polar? lol

Bi-P? I have my suspicions. But it's probably more of a Multi-P disorder than anything else. Hey, give it a try, you might enjoy it more than you expect!
PhilistineTheArtLover

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Glad it was a good show. Steve was definitely the highlight of the show I saw too!
tardistraveler

Postby thehallway » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:29 am

He must be on steroids or something! - He's in two bands but is more energetic than he's ever been, in both.
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:20 pm

All those years of vegetarian eating must give him lots of energy!

Plus, he just seems to truly LOVE what he does - I get the impression he'd rather be playing the guitar than most anything else!
tardistraveler

Postby PhilistineTheArtLover » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:32 pm

tardistraveler wrote:All those years of vegetarian eating must give him lots of energy!

Plus, he just seems to truly LOVE what he does - I get the impression he'd rather be playing the guitar than most anything else!

A professional through and through, and if he keeps that good health going he'll probably play live until he's at least 80, with the rest of the band already retired and replaced!
PhilistineTheArtLover

Postby SteveHoweFan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:51 pm

Last night's show in Philadelphia - wow. All I can say is Steve Howe. The man is incredible, he just keeps getting better. He ROCKS, he is the best ever!!!! Love the slide guitar the most. But the beginning of Close to the Edge is such a jam, you'd think he'd need a break after the opening, it's so insane! Perpetual Change was great too , it was a great show. It is wierd and sad to not see Jon, but I just don't pay any attention to it, focus on Steve and you're good. Alan White was great too, he's such a driving force I think - when he's rocking, they're rocking. The crowd was cool too - they were up on their feet and enjoying it. Another night in the presence of Steve Howe; it's a blessing.....
SteveHoweFan

Postby thehallway » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:16 pm

More and more evidence is piling up in this man's favour. He really is the man of the match at the moment. Looking forward to the new album; he seems to be the primary writer.
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby Chris2210 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:14 am

He contributed what are IMO the best two tracks on the new Asia album and he really is 'smoking' throughout that. I don't know what it is, but in the last two or three years Steve seems to have really come alive again. He's never been less than exceptional, but there does seem to be a renewed vitality about the man.

If he brings that sort of presence to a new Yes album, it may turn out to be something truly wonderful, even without Jon. I never thought I'd hear myself saying I was looking forward to a Yes album without Anderson...
I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.
Chris2210

Previous

Return to Tour and Concert talk