[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - Steve's best guitar playing on a Yes album

Steve's best guitar playing on a Yes album

Steve's best guitar playing on a Yes album

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:53 pm

What album showcases Steve's best guitar playing overall?

It's kind of difficult for me as there are quite a few albums where his guitar playing is at its greatest. For me, it comes in a tie between Topographic Oceans and Relayer and I feel that the two songs from the two respective albums that really show his guitar playing at its absolute best are Revealing Science Of God and The Ancient, and Gates Of Delirium and To Be Over.

I truly feel that his guitar playing with [:yes] was at it's true peak during the mid-70's. Of course he did an excellent job before and after that and with Asia and GTR, but it's these two albums where I can say, "Check out his guitar playing, it's phenomenal!"
topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby Evonce » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:32 pm

Evonce

Postby LadyMoondancer » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:16 am

I got that 2 disc cd set The Yes Story - Gold.
I think Steve's playing of To Be Over is fantastic! Is that the same version you're referring to Topo?
I think disc 1 of the set is fantastic. That dance mix of Owner of a Lonely Heart is great! But disc 2 has Jon and Steve trying to sing a folksy/country ballad. umm, Jon, stick to rock and New-Age, country isn't your thing.
Yep, I'll have to vote for Steve's instrumental To Be Over. I can put that thing on repeat and repeat all day! Lovely.
Once, we did run, How we chased a million stars and touched as only one can.
LadyMoondancer

Postby happytheman » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:29 pm

happytheman

Charter Member

Postby The Ancient » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:09 pm

I have always thought that the ultimate outta control Steve Howe experience is the Yessongs album and video.
The Ancient

Charter Member

Postby guilddigger » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:46 pm

"the yes album" for the fresh air he brought to the band
and "relayer" for his crazy avant-garde, still beautiful, playing.
"heaven is all around translated to sound" - michael hedges
guilddigger

Starship Trooper

Postby Dr_Yes » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:32 pm

[/CENTER]
Dr_Yes

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:31 am

topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby LadyMoondancer » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:45 am

LadyMoondancer

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:27 pm

topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby LadyMoondancer » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:21 am

LadyMoondancer

Postby yesman90125 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:55 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:59 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:00 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:01 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Vaguson » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:10 pm

In the beginning is the future...and the future is at hand.
Vaguson

Veteran Member

Postby psychopomp95 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:47 am

psychopomp95

Starship Trooper

Postby Vaguson » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:49 pm

Vaguson

Veteran Member

Postby perpetualchanger » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:25 pm

Michele Hriciso
My personal site:
perpetualchanger

Starship Trooper

Postby Chris2210 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:07 pm

I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.
Chris2210

Postby Tomfoolery » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:37 pm

"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"
Tomfoolery

Postby Chris2210 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:04 pm

I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.
Chris2210

As for albums...

Postby purplewolfhound » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:39 pm

Political ends, as sad remains, will die.
purplewolfhound

Postby Vaguson » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:18 pm

Vaguson

Veteran Member

re: Steve's best guitar playing on a Yes album

Postby yesbunny » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:25 am

yesbunny

Postby N2yes » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:39 am

For sheer guitar brilliance, my vote goes to RELAYER. Complexity, speed and emotion...all are conveyed in this one splendid package.
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby Thoughtbecontact » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:45 am

AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH
Thoughtbecontact

Veteran Member

swift guitar

Postby yesson » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:44 am

yesson

Postby john mccleary » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:03 pm

Im a bass player call me simple Yours is no disgrace and live America Steves solo sounds simple but I like how he starts of loww low middle middle middle high and ends really high to me he is a master :)
john mccleary

Veteran Member

Steve's Best

Postby YesFan01 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:06 pm

YesFan01

Next

Return to Album talk