New Yes Live box set

New Yes Live box set

Postby Yessong » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:59 pm

Yes, these are rare, lost tapes. Yes, it features shows from the "Golden Era". For me....I've had enough of live albums. The art looks fantastic but that's Roger Dean for ya.
Yessong

Charter Member

Re: New Yes Live box set

Postby Chris1960 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:24 pm

It's not my favourite era of Yes - I might be atypical but Fragile and CttE are my least favourite albums from the main sequence. I'm not a huge fan of Yessongs - I prefer Yesshows by a country mile. The thought of having seven recordings of an identical setlist from that period just isn't igniting my enthusiasm.
Chris1960

Postby Yessong » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:42 pm

If they had released a curated sampling from each of those shows - maybe I'd consider it. I just feel like releasing live albums is just a way to get "new" product on the shelves without having to go through the expense and work of making a NEW album. The fans get excited to see something new in the stores only to get it home and find audio of songs they already have a few times over.
Yessong

Charter Member

Postby guilddigger » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:38 pm

I have also lost interest in live albums.
If each of these CD's had been from different eras, maybe I would have been tickled by this offer.

I can see the idea behind this though, as the playfulness in the band really bloomed in how they often improvised and jammed during the shows.
Especially Rick added quite a bit of humor, like inserting "Yankee Doodle Dandy" in "Roundabout" as in a bootleg I got from a Yestalker years ago.

But seven CD's with the same setlist is not for me. I prefer to listen to the studio albums.
This is for the hardcore yesnerds and I guess I'm not one of them, much as I love Yes.
guilddigger

Starship Trooper

Postby Jedi Catt » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:46 pm

I must admit that I'm not all that excited about Progeny. Now if the WHOLE concert from 1976 at the Cobo Hall Detroit was released, now THAT would ignite my interest! Parts of this are on Yesshows and Word Is Live (best tracks on those albums) and I just want to hear the whole thing completely remastered. Same with Talk tour.
Jedi Catt

Return to Album talk