[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - Favorite Album cover

Favorite Album cover

Postby TenVoices » Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:36 am

I like Tales best, but I also appreciate Union. I think Tales has to be the best cover to look at while you listen to the album. It seems to put into perspective the grandiose theme of the album. Quite unique.
TenVoices

Charter Member

Postby Astral traveller » Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:08 am

RELAYER!, I like the Ice-castle and the snake, It's beautiful.

Least favorite: Talk, It's to empty, too ugly.

<hr>"Look upon this life as just a picture you are painting"
Astral traveller

Starship Trooper

Postby manrico4 » Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:36 am

My favorite is Tales and I'll relate a story about it which I'll try to remember as accurately as possible.

The day after the Radio City Hall concert in New York last September I was walking around Soho with my brother (who flew in for the concert) and we just happened in an art gallery, one that I had stumbled in once before and liked much of their stuff.

It's quite small and we immediately noticed in the back room many Roger Dean signed prints. It turned out that earlier in the year Roger Dean had had a showing there of his works and it had been a very big turnout with an opening night party etc.

The owner then showed us a signed and numbered print of the Tales cover from a first set of prints (Roger Dean has since done at least another set) and it was of course very beautiful and I would have loved to have bought it but didn't. She then told us the story behind the cover that YES and Roger Dean were on an airplane headed to Japan while discussing this cover. They happened to have quite a bit of marijuana on board and they were told that it could pose a serious problem if they still had it and it was discovered in Japan. So they cooked it up in something (brownies or soup or something I don't quite remember) and completely stoned they proceeded to dream up this album cover together.

This is as best as I can remember the story.
manrico4

Postby gtrpir8 » Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:03 am

Favorites are Tales and Yesterdays; honorable mention to Steve's Beginings, 'coz I have a signed copy of that!

gtrpir8
gtrpir8

Veteran Member

Previous

Return to YesArt