Variations on the classic logo



Variations on the classic logo

Postby ANDERSONG » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:35 pm

Hi all. Found an old hi res line art version of the classic Yes logo last night and decided to play with Photoshop cs (actually I went nuts) Here are some results. My favorite is the Magnification version. I can make desktop images if anyone wants one.

http://omicron.torque.net/yes/yeslogos.htm

I also found an old page where I posted 2 Yes winamp skins I created, one 90125 theme and Magnification. They are for the old winamp player. If you are interested you can download them here.

http://omicron.torque.net/yes/yesskins.htm

Please let me know what you think.

Sean
ANDERSONG

User avatar
Active Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:28 pm
Location: Toronto Canada

Postby ANDERSONG » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:36 pm

Don't know how to edit a post, so P.S. I added a Yes logo design I created with a friend of mine. It's really funky.
ANDERSONG

User avatar
Active Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:28 pm
Location: Toronto Canada

Postby Kalingzeye » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:09 pm

Oh my god, I LOVE you!!!! I've been dieing for a YES winamp skin forEVER!!! Using the Mag one now, it goes with my background! Awesome awesome awesome... Great logos... that new one you made up is really groovy. Could ya mebbe post a link to that high-res lineart logo? *wants it* I love playing around with stuff like that, too. & I'd LOVE a desktop version of 'Laser Yes' if it's possible... :eek: I run 1440x900 res... Fantastic!!! Image Image (Yah, I wish we could edit posts, too...)
Kalingzeye

User avatar
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:50 am

Postby Squire*Fan725 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:57 am

Aw cool!! I added the 90125 skin to the rest of the Rush and Yes skins I have..I wish I knew how to make a Winamp skin, or I'd make a FOOW one...
[CENTER][color=navy][:f3] [font=ArnoldBoeD][color=blue]"I guess I'm bigger than I used to be!" - Chris Squire, 1-7-06, Vintage Vinyl.[:f1][/color][/font][/color][/CENTER]
Squire*Fan725

User avatar
Starship Trooper
 
Posts: 2876
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: SQUIRESVILLE, NJ

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:12 pm

Thanks for posting!

Where did you find the original lineart Yes logo? Can you post the link?
tardistraveler

User avatar
 
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:17 am
Location: Nashville, TN, USA.

Postby ANDERSONG » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:28 pm

I cleaned it up myself a few years back.

Just save the JPG with a right click

http://omicron.torque.net/yes/yeslogo-seperated.jpg

And for Kalingzeye the photoshop version:

http://omicron.torque.net/yes/yeslogo-seperated.psd

Enjoy.
ANDERSONG

User avatar
Active Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:28 pm
Location: Toronto Canada

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:21 pm

ANDERSONG wrote:I cleaned it up myself a few years back.

Just save the JPG with a right click

http://omicron.torque.net/yes/yeslogo-seperated.jpg

And for Kalingzeye the photoshop version:

http://omicron.torque.net/yes/yeslogo-seperated.psd

Enjoy.


Thanks so much! :)
tardistraveler

User avatar
 
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:17 am
Location: Nashville, TN, USA.

Postby ANDERSONG » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:05 am

My pleasure.
ANDERSONG

User avatar
Active Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:28 pm
Location: Toronto Canada

Postby Kalingzeye » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:28 am

Oh, awesome!!!! Thanks a lot for the .psd, too! Very handy! :D <3
Thank uuuu!
Kalingzeye

User avatar
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:50 am

Postby Roan's Lady » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:48 am

ANDERSONG wrote:Hi all. Found an old hi res line art version of the classic Yes logo last night and decided to play with Photoshop cs (actually I went nuts) Here are some results. My favorite is the Magnification version. I can make desktop images if anyone wants one.

http://omicron.torque.net/yes/yeslogos.htm

I also found an old page where I posted 2 Yes winamp skins I created, one 90125 theme and Magnification. They are for the old winamp player. If you are interested you can download them here.

http://omicron.torque.net/yes/yesskins.htm

Please let me know what you think.

Sean


My favorite of the logos is the first one - it has a classic elegance that I find appealing. Great work, Sean! :)
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

User avatar
 
Posts: 2835
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Buttered Rolls

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby relayerjim » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:09 pm

Hi Everybody!

Some of you might know me from YF's..
I thought I'd post some of the Yes logos I make...
I'm always turning something into a YES logo..

Image
And what touches our soul slowly moves as touch rebounds.
http://www.relayerjim.com
http://www.myspace.com/relayerjim
relayerjim

User avatar
Active Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:39 am
Location: Philadelphia, Pa., USA.

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:24 pm

Hi, Jim! Glad to see you around these parts . . . ;)
tardistraveler

User avatar
 
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:17 am
Location: Nashville, TN, USA.

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby relayerjim » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:34 pm

tardistraveler wrote:Hi, Jim! Glad to see you around these parts . . . ;)


Hi Diane..
Yes, it's about time I stopped by.
And what touches our soul slowly moves as touch rebounds.
http://www.relayerjim.com
http://www.myspace.com/relayerjim
relayerjim

User avatar
Active Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:39 am
Location: Philadelphia, Pa., USA.

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby Roan's Lady » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:56 pm

relayerjim wrote:Hi Diane..
Yes, it's about time I stopped by.


It sure is, Jim. ;) Great to see you here!
I always loved your Photoshop work - some really excellent creations. You should talk to Kalingzeye here, who has quite an eye and quite a hand for art herself. :)

Feel free to regale us with more of your exemplary work!
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

User avatar
 
Posts: 2835
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Buttered Rolls

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby relayerjim » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:22 am

Roan's Lady wrote:It sure is, Jim. ;) Great to see you here!
I always loved your Photoshop work - some really excellent creations. You should talk to Kalingzeye here, who has quite an eye and quite a hand for art herself. :)

Feel free to regale us with more of your exemplary work!

Thanks Amy!!

I will stop by more often
...as for Kalingzeye, I already noticed some of her work. Very nice!

My Trooper logo

Image
And what touches our soul slowly moves as touch rebounds.
http://www.relayerjim.com
http://www.myspace.com/relayerjim
relayerjim

User avatar
Active Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:39 am
Location: Philadelphia, Pa., USA.

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby Roan's Lady » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:21 am

relayerjim wrote:Thanks Amy!!

I will stop by more often
...as for Kalingzeye, I already noticed some of her work. Very nice!

My Trooper logo

Image


Wow! Love that! I'm a Trooper, too. And it's quite pretty. :D
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

User avatar
 
Posts: 2835
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Buttered Rolls

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby Kalingzeye » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:54 am

relayerjim wrote:Hi Everybody!

Some of you might know me from YF's..
I thought I'd post some of the Yes logos I make...
I'm always turning something into a YES logo..



Super awesome! I like the ones on your webpage, too, pretty sweet stuff!!! :D

Here are two of my favourite most recent variations of the logo... ~♥

Image
Image

I also made a really clean Custom Shapes vector brush for Photoshop, I'll post it once my host gets back up. For some reason my school server won't load it atm. D: If ya really want it, I could email it to someone, tho...
Kalingzeye

User avatar
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:50 am

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby relayerjim » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:06 pm

Kalingzeye wrote:Super awesome! I like the ones on your webpage, too, pretty sweet stuff!!! :D

Here are two of my favourite most recent variations of the logo... ~♥

Image
Image

I also made a really clean Custom Shapes vector brush for Photoshop, I'll post it once my host gets back up. For some reason my school server won't load it atm. D: If ya really want it, I could email it to someone, tho...

Thanks...
I love your work!
I haven't made any vector's yet but yes you can send me the brush's...Thank you.

Image
And what touches our soul slowly moves as touch rebounds.
http://www.relayerjim.com
http://www.myspace.com/relayerjim
relayerjim

User avatar
Active Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:39 am
Location: Philadelphia, Pa., USA.

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby Kalingzeye » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:57 pm

relayerjim wrote:Thanks...
I love your work!
I haven't made any vector's yet but yes you can send me the brush's...Thank you.


OMG A PIC! Image I LUFF j00000!!! Dude, how long have you been here anyway? Just recently come from YF?? :eek: Dudez, you're from Philly, too...... O_____O!! OK srsly. Next YESconcert (God willing there is one..)- a Philly gathering needs to happen, haha. Just WATCH it be when I'm in college. That always happens to me. Then I spend all the money I have in my account to get back to Philly to see YES for as many concerts as they have. I told my parents that's what I'm doing and they were like..... "Ohhhhh... crap." :p

BUT YES. Is relayerj@relayerjim.com the right email?? xD That's the only contact I could find for ya. Custom Shapes Brush totally sent~ Enjoy it! I think it's much easier for making nice-looking logos than using the old brushes. Nicer quality and you can work as big or as small as you want. I should probably make some more YES vector shapes when I get some time...... :D I'll post em here if I do. ♥
Kalingzeye

User avatar
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:50 am

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby relayerjim » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:36 am

Kalingzeye wrote:OMG A PIC! Image I LUFF j00000!!! Dude, how long have you been here anyway? Just recently come from YF?? :eek: Dudez, you're from Philly, too...... O_____O!! OK srsly. Next YESconcert (God willing there is one..)- a Philly gathering needs to happen, haha. Just WATCH it be when I'm in college. That always happens to me. Then I spend all the money I have in my account to get back to Philly to see YES for as many concerts as they have. I told my parents that's what I'm doing and they were like..... "Ohhhhh... crap." :p

BUT YES. Is relayerj@relayerjim.com the right email?? xD That's the only contact I could find for ya. Custom Shapes Brush totally sent~ Enjoy it! I think it's much easier for making nice-looking logos than using the old brushes. Nicer quality and you can work as big or as small as you want. I should probably make some more YES vector shapes when I get some time...... :D I'll post em here if I do. ♥


Yes I'm from Philly!!!
....That's the correct email address and thanks for the Brush.
YOU do awesome art Kota. I'll be sure to get some Photoshop tips from you!
And what touches our soul slowly moves as touch rebounds.
http://www.relayerjim.com
http://www.myspace.com/relayerjim
relayerjim

User avatar
Active Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:39 am
Location: Philadelphia, Pa., USA.

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby Kalingzeye » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:10 am

relayerjim wrote:Yes I'm from Philly!!!
....That's the correct email address and thanks for the Brush.
YOU do awesome art Kota. I'll be sure to get some Photoshop tips from you!


Image Ehehe, wow, thanks very much~ And yer welcome!
If ya have any questions about how I do things, fire away. I'm self-taught in PS too, been doing it for about like... 7 years now? Ish? But I use it absolutely all the time, especially now I'm in art school. Probably like every day, haha. ♥ I also know Frontpage (LOVE that program), Dreamweaver (don't like it as much, but use it for easy rollovers and some random crap FP doesn't have), some Flash, After Effects, and Maya, lol.

Go Philly! xDDDDD How bout them Phils this season, eh? EH? Woohoo~ :p
Kalingzeye

User avatar
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:50 am

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby relayerjim » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:59 am

Kalingzeye wrote:Image Ehehe, wow, thanks very much~ And yer welcome!
If ya have any questions about how I do things, fire away. I'm self-taught in PS too, been doing it for about like... 7 years now? Ish? But I use it absolutely all the time, especially now I'm in art school. Probably like every day, haha. ♥ I also know Frontpage (LOVE that program), Dreamweaver (don't like it as much, but use it for easy rollovers and some random crap FP doesn't have), some Flash, After Effects, and Maya, lol.

Go Philly! xDDDDD How bout them Phils this season, eh? EH? Woohoo~ :p


Kota
I installed the YES brush...Very very very cooooooooooooooool!!!!
Thank you so much..
GO PHILLIES!!

Image
And what touches our soul slowly moves as touch rebounds.
http://www.relayerjim.com
http://www.myspace.com/relayerjim
relayerjim

User avatar
Active Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:39 am
Location: Philadelphia, Pa., USA.

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby Kalingzeye » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:52 pm

relayerjim wrote:Kota
I installed the YES brush...Very very very cooooooooooooooool!!!!
Thank you so much..
GO PHILLIES!!



Haha, glad you like it!!! xD I made it directly off the high-quality YESlogo posted by Andersong earlier in this thread; took me a while to get it as accurate as possible, but it's hella worth it~ :D Hurrayyyyyy~ & GO PHILLZ~! :p
Kalingzeye

User avatar
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:50 am

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby relayerjim » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:25 am

Here's my latest Yes Logo..
Roger Dean's Dragon and Bird..
Image
And what touches our soul slowly moves as touch rebounds.
http://www.relayerjim.com
http://www.myspace.com/relayerjim
relayerjim

User avatar
Active Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:39 am
Location: Philadelphia, Pa., USA.

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby Roan's Lady » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:27 pm

relayerjim wrote:Here's my latest Yes Logo..
Roger Dean's Dragon and Bird..
Image


Whoa!!
Now this I would love on a black T-shirt!!
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

User avatar
 
Posts: 2835
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Buttered Rolls

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby Kalingzeye » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:00 am

relayerjim wrote:Here's my latest Yes Logo..
Roger Dean's Dragon and Bird..


xDDDD Awesome! Really clean and slick. Melikes~ ♥
Kalingzeye

User avatar
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:50 am

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby relayerjim » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:22 pm

Here's a little Halloween one I did..
Kinda cute.

Image
And what touches our soul slowly moves as touch rebounds.
http://www.relayerjim.com
http://www.myspace.com/relayerjim
relayerjim

User avatar
Active Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:39 am
Location: Philadelphia, Pa., USA.

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:27 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:Whoa!!
Now this I would love on a black T-shirt!!


Well, save the pic, and print it on a t-shirt transfer . . . ;)
tardistraveler

User avatar
 
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:17 am
Location: Nashville, TN, USA.

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby relayerjim » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:16 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:Whoa!!
Now this I would love on a black T-shirt!!


I'm glad you like this one Amy.
I worked on it a little more..
Image
And what touches our soul slowly moves as touch rebounds.
http://www.relayerjim.com
http://www.myspace.com/relayerjim
relayerjim

User avatar
Active Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:39 am
Location: Philadelphia, Pa., USA.

Re: Variations on the classic logo

Postby Roan's Lady » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:08 pm

tardistraveler wrote:Well, save the pic, and print it on a t-shirt transfer . . . ;)


Ohh, that's a good idea.
Uncharted territory for me. :)
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

User avatar
 
Posts: 2835
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Buttered Rolls

Next

Return to YesArt

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron