Is Dean so unique?

Is Dean so unique?

Postby YEStalk Archives » Fri Feb 09, 2001 2:45 am

Seryn
(7/10/00 1:11:57 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All

Does anyone here know of anyone who else who paints like Roger Dean? I mean, does he not have any one who is inspired by his work and tries to replicate his techniques into their own art? I just don't get it...besides myself I don't know of anyone who does these fantasy-scapes professionally or amateurly. I always hoped someone with a scanner and a flare for art would come on here and leave behind some Deanish paintings. I'm missing a scanner or I'd put up my own. I love art and if any of you have anything that reminds you of a Dean painting that you or a friend have done or you found it in a book, please put it up for us to see. It would be so cool.

Be Forever

"The Oceans made me, but who came up with love?" "We spend all of our time goin'out of our minds, Looking back to our birth, forward to our demise" "If there were no angels, would there be no sin?" "Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays; always doors to lock away your dreams."

yesman90125
(7/10/00 5:01:05 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Is Dean so unique?seryn
there are alot of these album cover books out there in the book stores and roger dean is featured in all of them
i have seen other very cool artwork with respect to album covers but nothing much like roger deans work
alot of stuff that kinda resembles dungeons and dragons
and alot of "space" themes.
i know that there was a guy from england in the 40s i think (whos name escapes me)
who did renderings of jrr tolkien themes sort of his impression of the stories and his work was somewhat similar
in the use of color and light a bit more detailed in some respects i'll try to go and find out more for you when i get some time. you can find some of his stuff in "the halls of tolkien" through the tolkien webring. theres really nothing on roger deans website explaining much about his influences other then the 60s london psycadelic scene.

AT ONE WITH THE KNOWLAGE AND MAGIC OF THE SOURCE

yessong
(1/21/01 5:30:55 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Is Dean so unique? Well, lets not forget the work of HR Geiger...notable in the music world for his cover of ELP's Brain Salad Surgery and his design work on the Alein movies. Yes his work does tend toward a more "Bio-Techno" look, however it is his unique, stylist approach that leads me to place him in a similiar relm with Dean...of course, much of the surrealistic landscapes of Dali seem to inspire some of Deans work.

Seryn
SysOp
(1/26/01 12:58:06 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
<http://www.multimania.com/skanlon/graphics/dean3.jpg>

Re: Is Dean so unique?Geiger...he is a unique artist, but Dean just appeals to my taste more.

BeForever

"The Oceans made me, but who came up with love?" "We spend all of our time goin'out of our minds, Looking back to our birth, forward to our demise" "If there were no angels, would there be no sin?" "Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays; always doors to lock away your dreams." "Do I look on blindly and say I see the way."
YEStalk Archives

Veteran Member

Return to YesArt