[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - George Harrison - The Quiet one

George Harrison - The Quiet one

George Harrison - The Quiet one

Postby Coffee_&_Cigarettes » Thu May 15, 2008 3:02 pm

He was the diffident Beatle, a quiet and unassuming figure beside the towering egos of John Lennon and Paul McCartney.
But, after his innate creativity was allowed to flourish, George Harrison made his own mark as a great songwriter, with works such as Here Comes The Sun, While My Guitar Gently Weeps holding their own beside those of his colleagues.
And Something was hailed by Frank Sinatra as "the greatest love song ever written".
The son of a bus driver, George Harrison was born in the Hunts Cross area of Liverpool on 25 February 1943.
Coffee_&_Cigarettes

Veteran Member

Re: George Harrison - The Quiet one

Postby sound_chaser » Thu May 15, 2008 4:12 pm

Nice article, but it doesn’t mention his final album, Brainwashed, which, in its way, was as good as All Things Must Pass.

sound_chaser

Postby Coffee_&_Cigarettes » Thu May 15, 2008 4:46 pm

The article was written before Brainwashed release.
I like this album alot, not so sure about the album sleeve design though.
Coffee_&_Cigarettes

Veteran Member

Postby yesman90125 » Thu May 15, 2008 5:10 pm

Brainwashed is excellent!
this is a very nice article
I love George
My favorite Beatle
personality wise
the smartest of the bunch
and quite a formadable guy inspite of his reputation as "the quiet One"
he was very opinionated and very outspoken
but never pretended to be the Icon that he was thought of as.
he didn't shove his opinions down your throat in the way some other Beatles did
but he certinly had them
George's lasting lagacy has produced the closest thing to a Beatle reunion in the Cirqe Du Soliel production of "Love"
which involved remastering and retooling many of the famous Beatle tracks to the Avant Gard Stylings of Cirqe Du Soliel
Mr.Harrisons Brainchild was realized this year by Paul, Yoko,Ringo and Olivia
and is a very impresive production and another chance to re-introduce those songs in an updated kind of way Produced by George Martin
George's Clarity is timeless
as will be his influence
I'd Really like to reccomend the DVD " A Concert For George"
George comes to life without having physicaly been there
Eric Clapton has never been better!
a labor of Love and devotion by clapton,Ravi shankar and many others.including
Paul and Ringo
I guess there's no denying the impact the Beatles still have today
in and out of the Band
each of us has our special Beatle moment
mine is George's introduction to Lord Krishna
which was going through my head long before I knew what it was doing to my spirit

so with that

and thanks for this thread!!!
Be the Light!!!!
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Coffee_&_Cigarettes » Thu May 15, 2008 10:09 pm

Coffee_&_Cigarettes

Veteran Member

Postby happytheman » Thu May 15, 2008 10:51 pm

happytheman

Charter Member

Postby sound_chaser » Sat May 17, 2008 8:10 am

sound_chaser

Postby N2yes » Sat May 17, 2008 7:41 pm

"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby guilddigger » Mon May 19, 2008 4:27 pm

I think I have mentioned it before, but George Harrison is the sole reason I ever wanted to play guitar. As a young teenager I was a Beatles fanatic and the more I listenend to them the more George stood out compared to the others. Not just for his music but for his interest in spirituality.
I always try to pay tribute to George when I play live, either doing Here Comes The Sun or While My Guitar Gently Weeps, or both, or some other song.
The Concert For George is one of the most touching concerts I have seen, I was literally in tears all the time.

On a side note, I read somewhere that George actually did not mind Ol' Clapper taking Patti. (Or her leaving George for Eric to put express it in a more politically correct way gender-wise). Apparantly she got tired of him meditating everyday rather than to spend his time with her.

Anyway,
Thank you George for your wonderful songs and your beautiful playing but mostly Thank you for being an inspiration!
"heaven is all around translated to sound" - michael hedges
guilddigger

Starship Trooper

Postby sound_chaser » Mon May 19, 2008 10:57 pm

sound_chaser

Postby Coffee_&_Cigarettes » Tue May 20, 2008 4:45 am

Coffee_&_Cigarettes

Veteran Member

Postby Coffee_&_Cigarettes » Tue May 20, 2008 3:39 pm

Found some cool videos from youtube:

George´s Sitar lesson with Ravi Shankar! -

"Awaiting on you all"(concert for Bangladesh version) -

"If not for you"(with Dylan) -

"The Inner Light" performed by Jeff Lynne and Anoushka Shankar on Concert for George -

"Arpan"(from concert for George) - this piece was written for George by Ravi -
Coffee_&_Cigarettes

Veteran Member

Postby yesman90125 » Tue May 20, 2008 4:14 pm

George was never openly upset about Clapton and Patti
he publicly remarked that they could do what they wanted too
and he and clapton never seemed to miss a beat as friends
there was no period of adjustment or anything
Patti has a book out now George harrison eric clapton and me or some such drival
so she's trying to cash in on the continuing interests in this relationship
naughty girl
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby happytheman » Wed May 21, 2008 11:32 am

happytheman

Charter Member

Return to When Rock Was Young