[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - Wow where'd everybody go?

Wow where'd everybody go?

Moderator: N2yes

Wow where'd everybody go?

Postby EricBliss12345 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:21 am

EricBliss12345

Starship Trooper

Re: Wow where'd everybody go?

Postby tardistraveler » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:02 pm

tardistraveler

Postby EricBliss12345 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:06 pm

EricBliss12345

Starship Trooper

Postby Chris2210 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Who comes around?

There are just a few of us who don't appear to know we're dead yet (30? Pah!) I suppose things have become progressively quieter as the band has become more and more inactive. Personally I really enjoyed the gig I saw in November, but with the absence of any new material there doesn't seem to be enough to really stimulate a lot of discussion around the band.

I suppose the situation is ironically exacerbated by the fact that those of us who are left are fairly like-minded and hold each other in fairly high regard [well, speaking for myself...]

Nothing seems to fire up threads on message boards like a good old falling-out.

Perhaps we need someone to come in and start calling people c*nts†. Know anyone like that?

†the only reason the asterisk is there is so that the thread won't be blocked at work by the automatic net-nanny that screens the naughty words.
I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.
Chris2210

Postby Yessong » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:11 pm

I'm still here though with fairly long time gaps in between
Yessong

Charter Member

Postby thehallway » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:14 pm

CUNT!

Only Joking.
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby happytheman » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:43 pm

"Is there anybody out there??"
Hello Eric, just an occasional drop by to see if there is still a "heartbeat".
I've found other sites that offer a "bit" more traffic thus conversations tend to go on for multiple of pages. But yeah very little to talk of in the world of Yes. Perhaps the "rumors" of new material will stimulate some action later this year.
I too enjoyed the latest incarnation of the band when I saw them. They still have the energy, but whether or not they can deliver the "goods" with a new release is still up for debate.
Welcome to the 30's, that was a great decade for me I found my "niche" and spent most of my time running the children back and forth to various activities many of which I was fully involved with. Very fond memories, hope your "decade" is equally fruitful.
happytheman

Charter Member

Postby EricBliss12345 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:33 pm

Again nice to see some responses from some old familiar names!

Yeah Happy I too heard about some new material and the Drama-ness of the situation I find hilarious it's like 30 years to the day of the same thing with the 3 core instrumentalists and a new singer and keysman. And yeah chris Im sure no new album in what, 9 years is probably slowing discussion a bit, and you can only dissect "Heart Of The Sunrise" so many times. :-P I think the new guy sounds just like Jon it's kinda scary.

Seriously considering attending the Cleveland show in Feb just to see what's up. The older I get the less opinionated and harsh I've become so I'm willing to see if they can still cut the mustard live. Based on some Youtube vids I saw I'd say heck yeah they still can. :-) The keys sound a little thin which is my only complaint, but so longs the songs carry well overall no sense nitpicking.

And yeah I feel I'm gonna hit my stride in my 30's. My 20's were a disaster peppered with some amazing times though. Very extreme good and bad. Something feels different now, like an immense calm is washing over me like never before. I'm feeling more aware of things in a way I can't pinpoint.

And chris I hardly meant it as "Dammit, Im gonna be 30 and old" and I think that's how you took it. It was more like "Wow! Age milestone!" And what do you mean by the falling out and calling people a cunt stuff?
EricBliss12345

Starship Trooper

Postby Chris2210 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:00 pm

I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.
Chris2210

Postby The Ancient » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:56 pm

Eric - you spend some time at a saltwater fish hobbyist site?
The Ancient

Charter Member

Postby twinarchers » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:58 am

twinarchers

Postby Tomfoolery » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:40 pm

"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"
Tomfoolery

Postby EricBliss12345 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:44 pm

EricBliss12345

Starship Trooper

Postby The Ancient » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:21 pm

The Ancient

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:44 pm

tardistraveler

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:19 am

topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:23 am

topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:38 pm

tardistraveler

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:39 pm

tardistraveler

Postby qman » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:56 am

Every now and then the ball bounces your way :-)
qman

Charter Member

Postby Dr_Yes » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:53 am

[/CENTER]
Dr_Yes

Postby thehallway » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:45 pm

thehallway

Charter Member

Postby yesman90125 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:15 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:08 pm

tardistraveler

Postby guilddigger » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:57 pm

"heaven is all around translated to sound" - michael hedges
guilddigger

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:52 pm

It's just good to SEE everyone out here . . . :)

And there ARE other things to talk about besides Yes . . . I just enjoy hearing what's going on in life, and what other music you're discovering. I'm sure Linda would enjoy some contributions over in Alternate Tunes . . .

And it WOULD be fun to get something going in chat again - that was always a blast!

Good to see Qman and DrYes on this thread too! I've missed seeing all of you!
tardistraveler

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:03 pm

Yeah Bliss I remember you were like a stand-up comedian for this site.

I got into Facebook and 60's-70's psychedelic cocktail lounge jazz and film soundtracks from same era and other favorite prog rock bands like Moody Blues.

Still used At this Very Moment in Other Skylines to whine about stuff and clown around for a while

Got sick of the political arguments and energy wasting which ensued.

I think I visited this site daily for about 5 years...

I think when you turn 40 , you just become 18 again sort of...in any case, the small quiet voice of common sense remains the same at any age, it is just that it is harder to hear at certain life passages
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby EricBliss12345 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:12 pm

EricBliss12345

Starship Trooper

Postby thehallway » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:32 pm

thehallway

Charter Member