Moody Blues, 2016

Moody Blues, 2016

Postby Tomfoolery » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:27 pm

Going to see the Moodies in March ... really looking forward to it. Gonna be a good show, I believe. The wife is pumped for it... she loves 'em. Plus, it's a Saturday night, so it's gonna be a great date night!
Tomfoolery

Re: Moody Blues, 2016

Postby Tomfoolery » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:18 pm

Moody Blues were wonderful on Saturday night. While I have never been a Moody fan to the extent I was for other bands (YES, ELP, King Crimson, Uriah Heep, others of the like), I've always liked their music and owned at least 7 or 8 albums. That being said, of their entire set list, I was able to "sing along" with all but 2 cuts (lip syncing - I love my wife and respect that people around me paid to hear the Moodies, not me). They didn't play just the hits, either... they had quite a nice set list.

Yeah, they're old. Graham Edge is 75 next month, and he can't play the drums like he used to (after all, rock and roll percussion is athletic, and there comes a point where the human body just CAN'T do what you want it to do), but there was another drummer that did the power work while Graham Edge basically kept the beat. To their credit, Justin Hayward knew he couldn't hit the high notes any more, so they adjusted some of the tunes accordingly and they really came out sounding wonderful. All in all, I was highly entertained, they did very well, and, most importantly, my wife spent the entire evening in her seat beside me in her happy place. She LOVED the show, and that by itself would have made the entire evening good for me even if nothing else did.
Tomfoolery

Re: Moody Blues, 2016

Postby Yessong » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:13 pm

Cool - glad you dug it. I always like the Moody's stuff that most folks would dig. I saw them a few times when Wildest Dreams hit with a few songs gaining radio play. After Moraz left I just sorta lost interest, though. Good to hear they can still bring a show.
Yessong

Charter Member

Return to Alternate Tunes