ABWH songs from UNION

ABWH songs from UNION

Postby robin chun » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:47 pm

I've been listening to the ABWH songs from UNION a lot lately (I must state here and now that I'm not a Rabin fan at all,just can't get into his music even if some of it is in collabaration with the maestro) and I've sort of re-discovered it,In particular I love SILENT TALKING and can't help wondering if this would'nt have been ripe for an extended 3 or 4 parter.Comments please with your favs (just the ABWH SONGS)
Robin [:yes]
..This dialogue,This voice, Singing as one..[|)]
robin chun

Postby jackaranda » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:58 pm

Silent Talking's Ok. But overall, it's some of the worst music ever to come out under the Yes banner. Of course, that's just my opinion.

The "West" material isn't that bad. But even it pales in comparison to the songs on Talk.
~ So if you choose to realize
All existence is a dream
This perfect resume to you from me ~

Jack [}:)]
jackaranda

Veteran Member

Postby Whitefish » Sat May 06, 2006 6:12 am

"Silent Talking" is wonderful. The main riff is also heard on Steve Howe Turbulence as an instrumental called"The Inner Battle". And the main riff in "I Would Have Waited Forever" Sensitive Chaos" is heard as an instrumental called "Sensitive Chaos".

Very interesting howe these tunes originate and what they become. [|)]
Whitefish

Postby Whitefish » Sun May 07, 2006 1:21 am

A Yeswest/ABWH combination album would have been tremendous. I think that is what most of us thought this album was going to be.
Whitefish

Postby Whitefish » Sun May 07, 2006 1:22 am

jackaranda wrote:The "West" material isn't that bad. But even it pales in comparison to the songs on Talk.

Talk was great. I think that was the pinnacle of Yeswest.
Whitefish

Re: ABWH songs from UNION

Postby Jedi Catt » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 pm

My fave tracks are Shock To The System and Dangerous. But from what I've seen from interviews online, a lot of Steve's work on Union was actually recorded by session man Jimmy Haun. Listening to these tracks and watching him play the 40 min Yes medley on Circa's live DVD, if Steve ever left Yes again, then this guy Jimmy should be offered the job!
Jedi Catt

Return to Album talk