[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - Owner of a Lonely Heart (the New Rap version)

Owner of a Lonely Heart (the New Rap version)

Owner of a Lonely Heart (the New Rap version)

Postby CoinsAndCrosses » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:09 pm

"Imperial battleship... stop the flow of time!" - The Emperor of the First Circle of the Universe -Starcrash (1979)
CoinsAndCrosses

Postby Sidewinder_6 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:07 am

Sidewinder_6

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:37 pm

tardistraveler

Postby Kalingzeye » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:27 am

Oh my... what... HAPPENED?! :eek:
Kalingzeye

Owner Rap

Postby thesage » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:43 pm

thesage

Veteran Member

Postby Tomfoolery » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:19 am

"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"
Tomfoolery

Postby tardistraveler » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:38 am

tardistraveler

Postby Joedude » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:14 am

[/color]
Joedude

Postby N2yes » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:46 pm

"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Re: Owner of a Lonely Heart (the New Rap version)

Postby Aventure » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:28 pm

"...sheep remain inside their pens, though many times they've seen the way to leave..."
-peter gabriel
Aventure

Veteran Member

Postby Nina loves Yes » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:59 pm

[/color][/size][/font]

[LEFT][/LEFT]
[/color][/font][/size]
Nina loves Yes

Postby Kalingzeye » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:53 am

Oh, I'm sure they're getting royalties off it. ;) However maybe not that much, since I don't think this particular version hit it off too well. I dunno, I used to HATE rap. Like reaaaally loathe it. But over the years, I've actually gained a lot of respect for the art and have actually acquired a taste for it. I do like the stuff that has a lot of rhythm and actual decent rhymes, especially if it's mixed in with a catchy chorus. Though, I do really think some groups nowadays need to lay off the excessive sampling. I'm not a big listener, but I have my cravings for it every now and then.

(Any of you guys familiar with the Gym Class Heroes "Cupid's Chokehold"? Shit like that makes me so mad. I mean, it's one thing to take a sample of a song- just a little PIECE- and make it into your own thing. I can actually appreciate that. But GCH basically took the whole hook from Supertramp's "Breakfast In America", didn't change a thing, rerecorded it and put it in their song. Which, other than the stuff they took from Supertramp, SUCKED and would never have made it big. Then I have to deal with the people my age, GCH's target audience, who don't know it's not their own chorus at ALL. It pisses me off to have to tell everyone it's NOT their song. Then they're like "What?" and feel all lied to. I think uncreative bullcrap like that should be stopped at some point... :mad: )
Kalingzeye

Postby Hed G. » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:51 pm

Bruford Really Kicks Ass!
Hed G.

Postby yesman90125 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:10 pm

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby thehallway » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:26 am

Oh god they've ruined this song. I really do despise rap artists (that is, if you can call them artists, which personally I don't think is an accurate title). It's talentless drivvle! Thankfully here in the UK people who can actually play instruments are beginning to come back into fashion. I wonder if the progressive rock movement will ever make a comeback...
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby the greenman » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:59 am

the greenman

Veteran Member

Postby Wakemaniac » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:41 pm

[quote="Nina loves Yes"][/

I am a hundred percent with you Nina!!I HATE rap !How DARE they destroy Jon's song!!!
Caroline [:yes]songs
Wakemaniac

Postby Chris2210 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:01 pm

I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.
Chris2210

Postby Tomfoolery » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:35 pm

"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"
Tomfoolery

Return to Into the Lens