My first attempt at writing Classical style

A meeting place for musicians who like to play YES music. Consider yourself in the right place if you're looking for YES tabs, pointers and technique. It's all right here.
raddad

My first attempt at writing Classical style

Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:37 pm

Song I wrote for my little girl when she was born.
I remember recording this in the living room with wires and cables laying all over.Watching my wife all full of life and glowing,fixing her tea and smiling at me.
We played this song whenshe was giving birth and it always reminds me of that time.
http://www.mixposure.com/song.php?songid=11703

raddad

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:56 pm

Two years and no reply :confused: :confused:

Dr_Yes

Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:35 am

I don't know how, but I never saw this. Probably during a time when I was visiting less often.

Anyway, I really appreciate your effort here and like the timelessness of the piece. The playing is nice and assured and the song sustains itself - progressing nicely as it unfolds. Parts of it remind me of the way the guitarist from Arena uses 'classical' guitar in their stuff.

Don't know what's going on with the audio quality though - maybe it's my connection, but it sounds like there's loads of unwanted background noise. I am not a fan either of the over processed guiater sound which sounds a bit zingy. But I am being picky when I need not be.

Good stuff!!!!!!!!!!
[CENTER]Monkey Funch World - The Home of Monkey Magic:
www.myspace.com/monkeyfunch

www.monkeyfunch.com[/CENTER]

yes_angel
Veteran Member

Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:37 am

my sound card is out,,,but as soon as I have everything up to par with my computer,I will give it a listen thanks :)

tardistraveler

Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:19 pm

This is a beautiful piece, and you are quite the talented guitarist!

Thanks for sharing this one with us - sorry it got plowed under for so long . . .