King Crimson Eyes wide open

Musical and related discussions about other bands.
floweringtheedge
Veteran Member

King Crimson Eyes wide open

Fri May 07, 2004 12:35 am

Get this DVD!

It is inredible. The sounds they make are WOW. Sometimes it even sounds like Trance and Techno. Fripp does Guitareffects that sound like strings and mellotron. The bassman plays an instrument like steves steelguitar and it sounds like a flute!!! Crazy Music!!

Yogi_Bear
Veteran Member

Tue May 18, 2004 5:01 am

interesting.i will try to find it.
Fripp is making really insane songs lately.Recent concerts of king crimson reminds me of Tangerine Dream, soft machine and Amon Dull II.

<hr>Be like the Trees that bend when the wind blows
Be like the stone in the river...
The universe and you are one

Astral traveller
Starship Trooper

Tue May 18, 2004 8:43 am

<font color=black>This is a really good DVD, I didn't know Guitar-Synths could make sounds like this! If you like the last 3 albums of KC, you gotta have this one. 2 complete shows from the last 2 tours.
Thats the way to make a good DVD.

</font id=black>

jeffrae
Charter Member

Wed May 19, 2004 11:21 am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<b>floweringtheedge wrote:</b>
Get this DVD!
The bassman plays an instrument like steves steelguitar and it sounds like a flute!!! Crazy Music!!
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></font id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>

That is Trey Gunn and he left KC in november... :(

Jeff

topographic_drama1980
Starship Trooper

Thu May 20, 2004 2:30 pm

Yes, sadly, Trey is no longer with Crimso, but at least bassmaster extraordinaire Tony Levin is back once again, hopefully for quite a while. I wonder if a new album is in the works. Even though they played together in the "double trio" format of KC in the mid to late nineties, there has never been a KC album with the rhythm section of just Pat and Tony. I bet it would be quite a treat. I can't wait to get this DVD. Is it really that great? Can I get a spoiler of what songs were on it?

<hr>WELCOME TO THE GRAND ILLUSION, COME ON IN AND SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING, PAY THE PRICE GET YOUR TICKETS FOR THE SHOW...