Fragile.

Musical and related discussions about other bands.
sound_chaser

Fragile.

Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:25 pm

About three weeks ago, I was lucky enough to see the Yes tribute band Fragile; you know…the one that Simon bangs on about! They played at an excellent local venue (well local for me anyway!) called Mr. Kyps. It’s based in Lower Parkstone, Poole, along the south coast of England. I work in Poole and I met my friend Paul there after I finished my shift at 9.00 p.m. When I got there, the band were half way though the opening number, which, unfortunately for me, was Siberian Khatru. They proceeded to play a set which comprised mainly of Yessongs and I have to say, I was very impressed! For a band of semi-pro’s who live a long way apart (it must be something like three hundred miles between the bass player and the keyboard player!), Fragile are an excellent tribute band. They really captured the excitement of Yes circa 1972/3 and the musicianship was not far off of the real thing! It’s a shame that Yes don’t have the pulling power today that Pink Floyd still do, because Fragile deserve to do really well on the tribute band circuit. So if you get a chance Simon, pass on my thanks to the band for a great night, and tell them they should go professional; I imagine they’d have more luck in Europe than in the U.K.

Roan's Lady

WE Want 'Em, Too!

Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:32 pm

Hmm, can Fragile be convinced to come over here to the States?? :D
Sounds like they're great!
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

Stoutman
Charter Member

Welcome back..

Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:24 am

Hey Richard, Ive been in and out of here myself but I know I havent seen you in ages. Hope you are doing fine...

Chris2210

Unlikely

Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:34 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:Hmm, can Fragile be convinced to come over here to the States?? :D
Sounds like they're great!
I say unlikely - I'm no expert on this band. But from what I've read from another brilliant, but semi-pro outfit, IQ, they would be unlikely to obtain a Visa to allow them to play in the US.

Bands whose occupations are not listed as 'Musician' on their passports are not allowed to charge as such in the US on the grounds that they take work away from the indigenous professionals.

Mexico they could play...
I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.

Chris2210

BTW

Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:36 pm

Oh yeah, it's great to see you back Richard. I'm strictly a part timer myself these days - I'll try to make more of an effort!
I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.