Joe Bonamassa

Musical and related discussions about other bands.
Ed1909
Starship Trooper

Joe Bonamassa

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:50 pm

Maybe this guy has been mentioned here before, maybe not, but I've recently discovered him - possibly the finest blues rock guitarist I've heard in a long time.
BBC Radio 2 played some live tracks on the Paul Jones Blues Show on Monday and I was delighted to see that there were more available to hear on the BBC website including a monster 19 minute track incorporating a touch of Dazed and Confused and, (wait for it!) Starship Trooper (Wurm section).
Available to listen for another 26 days. Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/jones/sessions.shtml
High vibration go on...

stinky britches

Re: Joe Bonamassa

Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:34 pm

Yeah, like you I've arrived late at the Joe B party.

Boy, can this guy play! Planet Rock have been playing his new album and I'm really looking forward to it's release

stinky britches

Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:39 pm

Ed1909 wrote:BBC Radio 2 played some live tracks on the Paul Jones Blues Show on Monday and I was delighted to see that there were more available to hear on the BBC website including a monster 19 minute track incorporating a touch of Dazed and Confused and, (wait for it!) Starship Trooper (Wurm section).
Available to listen for another 26 days. Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/jones/sessions.shtml
Whoa! :eek: What a set!

Many thanks for the link

Song Of Seven

Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:57 pm

Hi Ed,

Do yourself a favour and buy the Joe Bonamassa live at Rock Palast DVD from Play.com and you will see how good he is.

http://www.play.com/Music/MusicDVD/4-/8 ... oduct.html

I saw him live last year at the Cheese & Grain, Frome and it was one of the best live shows I've seen in a long time. With a CD out soon I'm sure he will be back in the UK soon, as he never seems to stop touring.

I believe Frome is in your neck of the woods, are you going to see Asia there in December ?

Ed1909
Starship Trooper

Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:59 pm

Song Of Seven wrote: I believe Frome is in your neck of the woods, are you going to see Asia there in December ?
No plans for Asia at the moment, but I AM planning on going to see SeYes there at the end of November. Been a while since I saw a Yes tribute band (Fragile some years ago at the Fleece in Bristol); maybe see you there?

Thanks for the Bonamassa DVD pointer - seems like a worthy addition to my endless shopping list!
High vibration go on...