Masterworks 2000

Yes has been captured live on film and tape many times over the years. What's your favorite?
Post Reply
happytheman
Charter Member
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: .

Masterworks 2000

Post: # 110046Post happytheman
Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:52 pm

I recently found links on YouTube to the various songs performed on this tour. I know this was broadcast via the internet because I tried to watch it to no avail (dial up). Question is why was this never released as a DVD? Sure there are parts that are less than stellar (at least the clips that I'm watching) but the music is fantastic.

User avatar
topographic_drama1980
Starship Trooper
Posts: 2550
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:00 pm
Location: Wood, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Masterworks 2000

Post: # 110047Post topographic_drama1980
Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:59 pm

Yeah, I knew about that webcast, even though I can't remember which show it was, but I couldn't watch it because of my old computer having a shitty dial-up connection. There's a lot of Yesstuff that should be released on DVD that hasn't seen that treatment, such as the Lift Me Up video, The Union Tour, QPR (at least here in America), the whole of the 1979 Philly concert, the making of Going For The One, and I'm sure much more.
Ascend and Create!

happytheman
Charter Member
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: .

Re: Masterworks 2000

Post: # 110054Post happytheman
Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:52 am

topographic_drama1980 wrote:Yeah, I knew about that webcast, even though I can't remember which show it was, but I couldn't watch it because of my old computer having a shitty dial-up connection. There's a lot of Yesstuff that should be released on DVD that hasn't seen that treatment, such as the Lift Me Up video, The Union Tour, QPR (at least here in America), the whole of the 1979 Philly concert, the making of Going For The One, and I'm sure much more.
Yeah, it seems to me over the last 5 years or so a bunch of Yes product has been "dumped" into the market. But for the most part it has simply been a variation on "greatest hits" or "compilation" releases. There are some "gems" sitting in the vaults that for whatever reason (maybe the band members cannot come to an agreement) it goes unreleased. I've just recently ordered the pt2 of QPR after watching it on YouTube. It looks fantastic. The parts of pt.1 are a bit less than perfect (sound mostly) so I'm looking forward for that to arrive, The Union would be a nice addition, but seeing Igor perform on the Masterworks gives me the impression that had he not taken a turn for the worse with his behavior, maybe just maybe he could have lasted another album. But of course Patrick would have sounded great on Going for the One, but alas Rick had other plans eh?

User avatar
2Lizard4
Charter Member
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:21 am
Location: 20 years in dallas, now in arizona
Contact:

Re: Masterworks 2000

Post: # 110102Post 2Lizard4
Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:24 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON, Hope you back is doing better.
perigee3

yesman90125
Starship Trooper
Posts: 2764
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2001 6:00 pm

Re: Masterworks 2000

Post: # 110103Post yesman90125
Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:59 pm

happytheman wrote:I recently found links on YouTube to the various songs performed on this tour. I know this was broadcast via the internet because I tried to watch it to no avail (dial up). Question is why was this never released as a DVD? Sure there are parts that are less than stellar (at least the clips that I'm watching) but the music is fantastic.
Post the link or the video here
I remember trying to tune into that on dial up then too
it was pretty shakey i gave up after a while

happytheman
Charter Member
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: .

Re: Masterworks 2000

Post: # 110122Post happytheman
Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:59 am

yesman90125 wrote:Post the link or the video here
I remember trying to tune into that on dial up then too
it was pretty shakey i gave up after a while
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... Yes+Master
We got off of dial up in the spring. I've found myself up to the "wee hours" several times this past summer following links on You Tube. You can find the most amazing stuff if you just keep searching!

NumberNine
Active Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:21 pm

Re: Masterworks 2000

Post: # 110692Post NumberNine
Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:26 am

i think you will find a vid from a concert i quite propper quality by searching rapidshare ...

User avatar
thehallway
Charter Member
Posts: 873
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:06 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset, UK

Re: Masterworks 2000

Post: # 114187Post thehallway
Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:16 pm

I think the song that lended itself most comfortably to being backed by an orchestra on this tour was the Gates of Delirium. It's fanatstic on youtube, though split into 3 parts. The battle section and soon were especially brilliant. Ritual was pretty fine aswell.

I agree that a dvd should be released of this!
[8]

Post Reply