At This Moment...What's Happening In Your Life?

Feel like discussing other things with your YEStalk friends? Speak your mind in our off-topic YEStalk section.
soul warrior
Veteran Member

Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:09 pm

atvm - i am getting ready to go to the first of several halloween party's. what do they think this is, Christmas!? later tonight i will get to see derek trucks band, right here in a small club in wilmington nc. yeah! (we dont get much here)

Roan's Lady

Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:31 pm

soul warrior wrote:atvm - i am getting ready to go to the first of several halloween party's. what do they think this is, Christmas!? later tonight i will get to see derek trucks band, right here in a small club in wilmington nc. yeah! (we dont get much here)
Yeah, really - what do they think this is, Christmas?? LOL. ]
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

Stoutman
Charter Member

It`s been a while...

Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:54 am

Hey Doc, I wish I could prescribe some good medicine,but Im afraid I cant. Im just sad to hear about your trouble and I do hope it can all get resolved for you. The sooner, the better and in a good way.
As for me, it`s been a while,hasnt it. Well,life has been quite busy for moi abnd it`s only now Im sitting down to post.
Next week, I start my vacation. Whoopity- doo!! Florida,here I come.
It will be so nice to take the better half with me, get away from New York, and that job I work with herding in cattle and working with some of the laziest bitches I have ever seen. If there is anything in life I despise,it`s laziness. But I dont think any of you want to hear me rant further. It wouldnt be pretty. Trust me on this, they are useless pieces of shit. One kid I was training on the job says to me I have some mouth for a quiet person.
Oh, well, we all have our vices. Good to be back here,gang..

soul warrior
Veteran Member

Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:13 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:Yeah, really - what do they think this is, Christmas?? LOL. ]
hi amy, derek trucks is one of the 2 current gtr palyers for the allman bros. he has several sole cd's. a blend of rock, jazz, funk, world music. he is a very young player, but very talented. he plays the slide gtr about as well as anyone out there (yea as good as steve, maybe even better :p ). i am back from the show and it was very good! alittle too smokey and too hany chicks doing that stupid hippie dance around me, but the music was great! a solid band. bass player was very good, they had a keyboard player theat played the B3 most of the night and some flute. derek was flawless! oh and fyi, it's derek trucks. :D

Roan's Lady

Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:22 pm

soul warrior wrote:hi amy, derek trucks is one of the 2 current gtr palyers for the allman bros. he has several sole cd's. a blend of rock, jazz, funk, world music. he is a very young player, but very talented. he plays the slide gtr about as well as anyone out there (yea as good as steve, maybe even better :p ). i am back from the show and it was very good! alittle too smokey and too hany chicks doing that stupid hippie dance around me, but the music was great! a solid band. bass player was very good, they had a keyboard player theat played the B3 most of the night and some flute. derek was flawless! oh and fyi, it's derek trucks. :D
No it's not. You said, "Derek Truck" at the beginning of this post. Ha ha. :p
Glad it was a good show, hippie dancers notwithstanding!
I would have loved to see the B3 in action. :)

ATM, drinking McDonald's coffee - yum yummy, and deciding if I should get involved in something that I probably shouldn't. ]
~moon safari

soul warrior
Veteran Member

Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:40 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:No it's not. You said, "Derek Truck" at the beginning of this post. Ha ha. :p
Glad it was a good show, hippie dancers notwithstanding!
I would have loved to see the B3 in action. :)

ATM, drinking McDonald's coffee - yum yummy, and deciding if I should get involved in something that I probably shouldn't. ]

:) be a sweetheart would you and edit my post so i can be right and not look like an idiot, and you would be wrong. thanks for being a great mod! :p

Roan's Lady

Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:01 pm

soul warrior wrote: :) be a sweetheart would you and edit my post so i can be right and not look like an idiot, and you would be wrong. thanks for being a great mod! :p
If it would make you feel better to be under the illusion that I'm wrong, sure, Kevin, LOL!!

Thanks for being a great sport! :D
~moon safari

soul warrior
Veteran Member

Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:30 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:If it would make you feel better to be under the illusion that I'm wrong, sure, Kevin, LOL!!

Thanks for being a great sport! :D

LMAO!!! Nice work amy. just like a teacher to break out the BIG RED marker. :eek:

and for the record, i try to live most of my life under the illusion. :cool:

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:11 pm

I'm drinking a nice cup of homemade latte. Will do some more unpacking and cleaning. Exciting isn't it!?
Going to pimp my dogs out for Halloween. :D

tardistraveler

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:02 pm

ATM: At work, listening to Ritual, trying to let it pick up my spirits this morning.

Kissdthsky
Charter Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:20 pm

ATM - i'm waiting for our cracker-jack computer guy (cough, cough) to show up and install a color printer in my office; drinking a hot cup of decaf; fighting a sore throat/cold; thinking of moving to Canada <g>; trying to find the bottom of my desk. :D

:angel:
:dazzler1:
Kissd
"when stars collide like you and i...." (Elton John/The One)

"Today the real test of power is not the capacity to make war but the capacity to prevent it." (Anne O'Hare McCormick, foreign correspondent for the New York Times"

Roan's Lady

Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:26 pm

ATM, drying my tears, looking at the sea of red on the electoral map, and wondering WHY...even though I really know WHY...
At least NJ went for Kerry - but my county (COUNTY, not "country") full of people overbloated with money and pressing issues like what private schools their kids should attend was in the red. And then there are the folks who went for Bush for different reasons; reasons which, to me, defy logic. I don't get it.
:(

Not happy. Need mind-altering activity. Suggestions welcome.

OK, I'm going to make some chicken soup. The rainbow for the moment.

~moon safari

tardistraveler

Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:32 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:ATM, drying my tears, looking at the sea of red on the electoral map, and wondering WHY...even though I really know WHY...
At least NJ went for Kerry - but my county (COUNTY, not "country") full of people overbloated with money and pressing issues like what private schools their kids should attend was in the red. And then there are the folks who went for Bush for different reasons] :(

I'm pondering that too - WHY were people supporting Bush, other than the obvious ones? And yes, I shed tears this morning too - at least it relieved the internal stress I was feeling, a bit anyway.

So, my rainbow was Yes music - a much needed lift! And seeking friends with compassion and humor - helped too.

guilddigger
Starship Trooper

Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:52 pm

so, bush gets four more years...
'do i look on blindly and say i see the way.'

atm i'm desperately trying to find material for a thesis on a short literature essay that should have been handed in monday. i realise that i lack in focus and concentration on my work and fall behind in all i should accomplish. and then there is more work waiting and piling up.
oh, btw the novel is 'surfacing' by margaret atwood.
"heaven is all around translated to sound" - michael hedges

Roan's Lady

Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:08 pm

guilddigger wrote: so, bush gets four more years...
'do i look on blindly and say i see the way.'
Oh!! PERFECT!!

Good luck with your thesis, Tom.
~moon safari

BE
Veteran Member

The Silence of the Lambs!

Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:27 pm

George W Bush won this election by the largest popular vote in US History!!

He received over 3.5 Million more votes than John Kerry!

It appears 'this clown had a lot more people with a brain' supporting him than many on this site could believe....or did God intervene again?

No matter how you now feel or how you voted,GWB is your president! (unless you move to Canada- bye do you need a ticket?).
You should support him,our country,our troops and our great way of life...Yes,the people of America have spoken.

It is now time to stop the bashing,trashing and move on(.org),both on this site and in our daily lives.

Did anyone notice that the marriage amendment to ban gays from this sacred right got passed in ALL eleven states where it was on the ballot?...was it the people of America speaking? God? or both?

God Bless George Bush,John Kerry and all of us during this ever changing but interesting time in our lives,living and supporting the American Way!
....."The Strength of the moment lies with you"...
***Visit Yesstuff4u on Ebay***

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Ahhhhh, humour is wonderful!

Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:44 pm

I had a great day at work. Lots of fantastic humour floating around with my co-workers. I'm blessed in that I work with people who have a crazy sense of humour as I do - radio people are like this. Laughter is so healing. Humour is great. BE that as it may, give it a try. :D I'm enjoying a cuppa Joe right now. Yum!

Roan's Lady

Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:47 am

Glad you had a good day, Jodi, laughter is so important, does anyone remember it? Let's listen to Led Zeppelin and jump around the room.

ATM:
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY I AM LEARNING THE PIANO INTRO TO "FIRTH OF FIFTH" BY THE INCOMPARABLE TONY BANKS AND IT'S STARTING TO ACTUALLY SOUND LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO!
:luv1:

I just wanted to shout that from the mountaintops. Catharsis.
:)
~moon safari

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Southern Man...Jesusland....indeed...

Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:24 am

YES, listen to Led Zep...
"Does ANYONE Remember Laughter?"...
Well probably NOT anymore.....new National Anthems:
Gallows Pole or Nobodys Fault But Mine......
"In BUSH We Trust?"......Right!?
Now, I Remember Laughter......
Roan's Lady wrote:Glad you had a good day, Jodi, laughter is so important, does anyone remember it? Let's listen to Led Zeppelin and jump around the room.

ATM:
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY I AM LEARNING THE PIANO INTRO TO "FIRTH OF FIFTH" BY THE INCOMPARABLE TONY BANKS AND IT'S STARTING TO ACTUALLY SOUND LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO!
:luv1:

I just wanted to shout that from the mountaintops. Catharsis.
:)
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

tardistraveler

Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:53 pm

Well, you've all inspired me to put on some Led Zeppelin!

Yes, I remember laughter, and I'm sure we'll have many opportunities over the next four years to either laugh, or cry - "W" is, if nothing else, good fodder for Saturday Night Live skits and the like.

Saw some novelty items on-line last night . . .

"I voted, and all I got was this lousy President . . . "
"Twit happens"

ATM: Listening to some Led Zeppelin, and pondering the work I have on my plate today. Thanks to all of you for being here - it helps - and we do a good job of bringing each other laughter! :)

Kissdthsky
Charter Member

Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:42 pm

tardistraveler wrote: Saw some novelty items on-line last night . . .

"I voted, and all I got was this lousy President . . . "
"Twit happens"

ATM: Listening to some Led Zeppelin, and pondering the work I have on my plate today. Thanks to all of you for being here - it helps - and we do a good job of bringing each other laughter! :)
roflmao!!! "Twit Happens"....i have tears in my eyes - this time from laughter. thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

and btw BE....from someone who says we should start the healing....come together and all that other stuff you said...a comment like "...moving to Canada, do you need a ticket?" - yeah, that's exactly the way to bring us all together.

"Twit Happens" - i LOVE that!!! thank you!!!

Kissd

"Today the real test of power is not the capacity to make war but the capacity to prevent it." (Anne O'Hare McCormick, foreign correspondent for the New York Times"

tardistraveler

Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:31 pm

Kissdthsky wrote:"Twit Happens" - i LOVE that!!! thank you!!!

Awww - glad I could help!

Keep hanging around here - you'll always get a good laugh!

Lorri Auer

Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:07 am

Took your advice and put on Led Zeppelin. Thank you, I really needed this. Has anyone heard of Zoso, The Ultimate Led Zeppelin Experience? They are from CA and come here often to play at The Blue Note. Looks like they are in the red states through December. http://www.zosoontour.com/tourdates/2004/11.htm

What am I doing now? Up until coming here to see if theproffet was in the chat room (he wasn't), I was relaxing at home attempting to say "hello" to many people from around the world who are on my Friends and Favorites List on my fotolog which is a blog for mostly photographers.

I'm not going out to a show tonight which is unusual so I'll probably work on photos that I've already taken that need to be resized and captioned before adding to a new album. I downloaded a free program that does watermarking and resizing in bulk so am anxious to see how it works and if I can put together photo galleries/albums faster than the old-fashioned way of one at a time which took almost 2 hours for one band's set of pictures. There are shows from three weeks ago that still need to be captioned and resized and possibly other minor things such as removing red eye or adding some brightness to a too dark of photo. I do not use Photo Shop but in one of my cameras' software programs I use the cartoon effect and the bands seem to like it for a couple of their pictures. I like it because it brings out the drummer or whomever is in the back of the picture.

Guess it's time to go to work on pictures.

peace,
Lorri :)

Roan's Lady

Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:46 pm

Hey Lorri, cool re. the Zeppelin band, lol about your reference to them playing in the "red states"...I'd love to see them here in the blue state of NJ, we could use a band like them.
Didn't know you were a band photographer, have you any pics that we could check out? I think it takes a great amount of talent to capture a musician in good visual form. I hope your latest work turned out well.

ATM, relishing the memories of last night - Alan, Jesse, and I went into the city to see The Blue Man Group - omg! What an incredible show - it touched on so much about the "humanness" of us - it was hilarious, and poignant, and joyous and amazing, lol, like the Circus of Heaven. And the music was fantastic!! A total feast for the senses - all of them. I so recommend checking them out, if you are ever presented with the opportunity.

Later this am, I'm going to visit my parents - mom just had surgery (nothing terribly serious), so I'm going to spend some time with her. I'm a bit leery of driving today - yesterday I got my first speeding ticket in years that I couldn't talk my way out of...sigh...and it was a doozy. I'm too embarrassed to say how fast I was going. Suffice it to say that I had Genesis' "Selling England by the Pound" on at a high volume, and my car has a bit of zip to it, anyway. Oh brother...

So that's it for now. I'm with you, Lorri - peace to everyone today. Tomorrow, too.

~moon safari

Kissdthsky
Charter Member

Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:59 pm

ATM - i'm in bed with strep! thought i just had a sore throat until yesterday when it became a raging sore throat and even got into my jaw and left ear. went to the ER this morning (those who know me well know i HAD to be in a ton of pain to go to a doctor; hate doctors, hate pills)...sure enough = strep.

that's the bad news. the good news is that the doc told me to stay home from work on monday. yahoo!! a day off. the other good news is that i'm already feeling better after the shot they gave me.

so...i will spend my weekend in bed...checking out YT to see what all you crazies are up to.

have a great weekend everyone!

Kissd

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:52 am

[quote="Kissdthsky"]ATM - i'm in bed with strep! thought i just had a sore throat until yesterday when it became a raging sore throat and even got into my jaw and left ear. went to the ER this morning (those who know me well know i HAD to be in a ton of pain to go to a doctor]
Uggggh. You poor thing. I've never had strep. But I've had some really bad sore throats. I was absolutely miserable. You must really be feeling badly. I hope you heal soon. You too, enjoy your extended weekend. :)

soul warrior
Veteran Member

Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:08 am

i just finished chatting with a long distance friend. had a wonderful time. we have so much in common. right now i am starting the halle berry movie Gothika! i hope its good.

Roan's Lady

Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:23 am

soul warrior wrote:i just finished chatting with a long distance friend. had a wonderful time. we have so much in common.
Funny you should mention that, soul warrior - I just finished doing the same thing.

;)
~moon safari

Kissdthsky
Charter Member

Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:37 pm

wild_westie wrote:Uggggh. You poor thing. I've never had strep. But I've had some really bad sore throats. I was absolutely miserable. You must really be feeling badly. I hope you heal soon. You too, enjoy your extended weekend. :)
and if you're fortunate, you'll never have to experience it.

but...i'm feeling 100% today and i'll be back at work tomorrow. but, this is so cool......i've spent the entire day watching "Quantum Leap"...i loved that show! back to back episodes all day today. how fun!!!

Kissd

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Take A Leap Of Faith

Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:46 pm

I'm a fan of that show too! AND my life has often paralleled that show it seems, mostly good changes and I really feel that the BEST is yet to come...I'm a True Believer....
Kissdthsky wrote:and if you're fortunate, you'll never have to experience it.

but...i'm feeling 100% today and i'll be back at work tomorrow. but, this is so cool......i've spent the entire day watching "Quantum Leap"...i loved that show! back to back episodes all day today. how fun!!!

WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California