At This Moment...What's Happening In Your Life?

Feel like discussing other things with your YEStalk friends? Speak your mind in our off-topic YEStalk section.
tardistraveler

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:29 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:I'm coming in, Jodi, and I've got my party hat, a bottle of tequila, and The "Men of Yestalk 2005 Calendar". HUBBA HUBBA. :D

Ooh - I want a copy! :D

tardistraveler

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:31 pm

wild_westie wrote:Ed, the big guy around here, just pmd me. WOW! With Starship Trooper status I get:

Free first-row concert tickets to all [:yes] concerts for the rest of my life!

Backstage passes as well.

I can travel with the band if I choose to. [:yes]

A private one-on-one performance from any [:yes] musician

I'm now invited to stay with any or all members of [:yes] at their home.

There will also be a huge party with the band thrown in my honor. WOW! The perks of being a Starship Trooper are amazing!

So, which Yes man are you going to pick for your private performance? ;)

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:18 pm

[quote="tardistraveler"]So, which Yes man are you going to pick for your private performance? ]

Oh, this is a tough one. I thought I would get a private performance from each of them. I'd pick Rick first. I love his jokes and of course, he's fairly acquainted with the piano. ;)

Then, well I would like a romantic dinner with Trevor. Whew! Too hot! :D

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:19 am

OK, I've been before and now AM a bellhop......hmmmm
Guess I'll be doing the "tipping" at our "Gathering"......
but I'm confused, when one doesn't get a "tip" it's called a "stiff"....
Oh well, we'll figure it out....
Viva Las Vegas.......

and in

and
wild_westie wrote:I'm up for some arresting and arousing fun! :D
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

Roan's Lady

Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:34 am

At this moment, rearranging some furniture here at Yestalk. 'Cos I can. :)
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

tardistraveler

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:40 pm

tribute1969 wrote: but I'm confused, when one doesn't get a "tip" it's called a "stiff"....

So, those who get a "stiff" would give the others a "tip"??? ;)

ATM - about to go to a meeting at 1:00 - stuck here til 5:30 - sigh . . .

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:38 pm

tribute1969 wrote:OK, I've been before and now AM a bellhop......hmmmm
Guess I'll be doing the "tipping" at our "Gathering"......
but I'm confused, when one doesn't get a "tip" it's called a "stiff"....
Oh well, we'll figure it out....
Viva Las Vegas.......

and in

and

I'll help with the tips. I never "stiff" anyone.
Double meaning there. :)

tardistraveler

Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:31 pm

wild_westie wrote:I'll help with the tips. I never "stiff" anyone.
Double meaning there. :)

Well, if I "stiff" anyone, I'll take care of it later! :D

And I always give good "tips" . . . ;)

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:08 pm

[quote="tardistraveler"]Well, if I "stiff" anyone, I'll take care of it later! :D

And I always give good "tips" . . . ]

:D :D :D :D

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:00 pm

Looking on IFC to see when "Party Girl" with Parker Posey comes on again speaking of stiffs......PP is the "Queen of Indies".....probably the best sense of humor of anyone I have seen, well almost, and very easy on the eyes ....
Come to think of it....I might wait six weeks for a movie of hers.....lol
http://www.popmatters.com/film/reviews/ ... girl.shtml
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=18 ... og&intl=us
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=18 ... mm&intl=us

Gotta Go......
Hotel California

tardistraveler

Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:11 pm

ATM - Listening to some new music courtesy of a friend . . . ;) . . . at work, as usual, but having more fun playing out here right now!

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:19 am

Thinking about folks that are really really "out there"...

http://www.tshirthell.com/hell.shtml
http://www.savetoby.com/

These sites/folks make most of us seem "normal"......
Hotel California

topographic_drama1980
Starship Trooper

Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:07 am

ATM, just having a smoke and listening to Chicago II before I go off to work. :cool:
Ascend and Create!

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:46 pm

We closed on the home yesterday! Happy dance! Bought some new furniture. And will buy some more this week. There are some cosmetic issues to deal with - all minor. A little paint and some imagination. We just love the home. AND IT'S PAID FOR! What a blessing indeed. :D

topographic_drama1980
Starship Trooper

Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:05 pm

ATM, not too much going on with me at the moment, just perusing the forums and a having a smoke and listening to some music (Drama).
Ascend and Create!

Roan's Lady

Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:09 pm

Congrats on the closing, Jodi! Stop smoking, Josh...I know, I know, but I've recently learned how right all those people who tell you to stop are...

ATM, I'm home, I only worked half a day today, as I am only half-sick ;) . Actually, I did this as a pre-emptive strike of sorts - so I wouldn't get sicker than I already am (just a cold), so that I do NOT miss any more school the next bunch of days. Big state tests are a-comin' up, and it would not be at all good if I wasn't the one administering them to my students.

:) The phone just rang - a girl from school who my son has been, according to him, "going out with" for a year now. Granted, they haven't gone anywhere, except down the hall together at school, and this is the first time she has called here. Such a sweet voice! Isn't my baby too young for this??

~moon safari

perpetualchanger
Starship Trooper

Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:35 am

ATM I'm trying to unwind from a very stressful day at work. This guy who's on trial is being a pain in the ass and we are having difficulties with him and others in relation to his courtroom behavior. The defense attorney has headaches every day and the prosecutor admits to being physically ill over the whole thing.

Today was literally the first time I've checked my e-mail in over a week. I hate when that happens!
Michele Hriciso
My personal site:
http://www.bikerbitchblog.com

SOUTHSIDEGUY
Veteran Member

Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:38 pm

ATM: I'm relaxing for a few days after a brutal week and a half of prepairing and preforming a new steel-drum band [Lagoonda Landing] for eight Local corprorate banquate parties....I had to edit over 30 midi files to work with our synths, drum machines and samplers. I had to chart all the key notes for the steeldrumers keyboardist and bassplayer to play.

I also tended to my yard and planted the rest of our guarden.... Now I have time to chat on the site again.

tardistraveler

Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:57 pm

wild_westie wrote:We closed on the home yesterday! Happy dance! Bought some new furniture. And will buy some more this week. There are some cosmetic issues to deal with - all minor. A little paint and some imagination. We just love the home. AND IT'S PAID FOR! What a blessing indeed. :D
Congrats, Jodi!

Now you just need a weekend in Nashville - let me know when's a good one!

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:40 am

AND I'm having BOYS call here daily to speak with my 12 year old daughter...
AND I still remember what I was/am like....lol
THEY don't stand a chance...basically IF they (in the future) don't bring her back at the appointed time and exactly in the condition she left in I will have done to THEM whatever they did her her.......lol
What? Me Worry!!
Roan's Lady wrote:
:) The phone just rang - a girl from school who my son has been, according to him, "going out with" for a year now. Granted, they haven't gone anywhere, except down the hall together at school, and this is the first time she has called here. Such a sweet voice! Isn't my baby too young for this??

[/color]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hotel California

SOUTHSIDEGUY
Veteran Member

Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:25 am

:eek:

Worry!

Boys!!!!!

Girls!!!

Steel-Bars for her window!

Birthcontrole!

SafeSex!

Drugtests!

Grades!

SAT's!!!!

College!!!

CreditCards!

Marrage!

Pregnent!

UG!!!!!!!!!

tribute1969 wrote:AND I'm having BOYS call here daily to speak with my 12 year old daughter...
AND I still remember what I was/am like....lol
THEY don't stand a chance...basically IF they (in the future) don't bring her back at the appointed time and exactly in the condition she left in I will have done to THEM whatever they did her her.......lol
What? Me Worry!!

topographic_drama1980
Starship Trooper

Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:00 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:Congrats on the closing, Jodi! Stop smoking, Josh...I know, I know, but I've recently learned how right all those people who tell you to stop are...

ATM, I'm home, I only worked half a day today, as I am only half-sick ]

Oh, you have no idea how many times I've tried to quit smoking. It's easier said than done. I've been smoking for over ten years and it's a habit I should have never started. Hopefully, I can quit sometime soon. Smoking gets expensive after a while.
Ascend and Create!

SightOfSeeds

Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:19 pm

this very slice of moment i find i have gone from being beside myself holding my own hand 2 feeling a sense of peace as if the universe is holding it...i know tho that the calm will fade again into fear...my father is in the hospital and they are not sure what is going on with him...the are treating him for a slight heart attck and those words are so frightening 2 me i don't even like typing them...as if by some sort of miracle he was at the doctors office when it happened for a painful problem he has been having with his foot when it happened so they called an abulence and brought him 2 the hospital straight away...he is now in the icu and they are running test after test on him...i got 2 talk to him so that of course was a comfort tho he was stresssing himself out terribly because my younger son Talon is being confirmed today and had choosen my father as his sponcer,of course my dad does not want 2 miss it tho it is 2 me the last thing he should be worried about...i phoned the Mrs.James the woman in charge at the Saint Josephs the school my son attends which is connected 2 the church and asked them if my older son Forrest could stand in as proxy for my father,,that is what Talon decided after talking 2 my father...i am so very thankful they got 2 talk,both of my children are so worried about Poppie...she was very sweet and understanding and said it is fine and that they will keep my father in their prayers and that it is fine if Talon has his older brother stand for my father...i know it may seem crazy 2 be worried about this stuff at a time like this but it is something that means so much 2 my father and the church is overly strict plus sponcers are suppposed 2 be at least 16 years of age and Forrest is only fifteen...we still want 2 continue on with the confirmation because of that is what my father wants...the school and church were wonderful about the situation when i told/asked them so it was a big relief 2 be able 2 let my father know he absolutly does'nt need 2 and can stop stresssing over it...i am just having a ciggy (yes i 2 am a smoker it is a nasty and expensive habit and yup,we all should try and quit) and decided 2 go online for a second,so here i am typing this with a hopeful request that although none of you know me personaly (that i know anyway,who knows if one or more of you are someone i attend Yes shows with back in the day,hmmm,makes me wonder sometimes...) perhaps if you could toss a little prayer or good energy my fathers way i would so much appreciate it...i actualy already do,perhaps just in reading this right now it caused you all 2 think of someone you don't even know and will them well...so thank you,thank you so very much...i am going 2 go get ready 2 leave for the church now,my son is very worried i will be late another awful habit i have... have a beauty filled day/nite...bubbles&blessings,luna
[8] ALL is all there is,if you break me down to the level of absolute matter you can not tell me apart from anything else...eye am also a you...

SOUTHSIDEGUY
Veteran Member

Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:25 pm

Nice to meet you Luna!

Your words are like soft poetry. Your seeds are welcome here.

prayer has been prayed. May your father fined true peace no matter where he roams.

SightOfSeeds wrote:this very slice of moment i find i have gone from being beside myself holding my own hand 2 feeling a sense of peace as if the universe is holding it...i know tho that the calm will fade again into fear...my father is in the hospital and they are not sure what is going on with him...the are treating him for a slight heart attck and those words are so frightening 2 me i don't even like typing them...as if by some sort of miracle he was at the doctors office when it happened for a painful problem he has been having with his foot when it happened so they called an abulence and brought him 2 the hospital straight away...he is now in the icu and they are running test after test on him...i got 2 talk to him so that of course was a comfort tho he was stresssing himself out terribly because my younger son Talon is being confirmed today and had choosen my father as his sponcer,of course my dad does not want 2 miss it tho it is 2 me the last thing he should be worried about...i phoned the Mrs.James the woman in charge at the Saint Josephs the school my son attends which is connected 2 the church and asked them if my older son Forrest could stand in as proxy for my father,,that is what Talon decided after talking 2 my father...i am so very thankful they got 2 talk,both of my children are so worried about Poppie...she was very sweet and understanding and said it is fine and that they will keep my father in their prayers and that it is fine if Talon has his older brother stand for my father...i know it may seem crazy 2 be worried about this stuff at a time like this but it is something that means so much 2 my father and the church is overly strict plus sponcers are suppposed 2 be at least 16 years of age and Forrest is only fifteen...we still want 2 continue on with the confirmation because of that is what my father wants...the school and church were wonderful about the situation when i told/asked them so it was a big relief 2 be able 2 let my father know he absolutly does'nt need 2 and can stop stresssing over it...i am just having a ciggy (yes i 2 am a smoker it is a nasty and expensive habit and yup,we all should try and quit) and decided 2 go online for a second,so here i am typing this with a hopeful request that although none of you know me personaly (that i know anyway,who knows if one or more of you are someone i attend Yes shows with back in the day,hmmm,makes me wonder sometimes...) perhaps if you could toss a little prayer or good energy my fathers way i would so much appreciate it...i actualy already do,perhaps just in reading this right now it caused you all 2 think of someone you don't even know and will them well...so thank you,thank you so very much...i am going 2 go get ready 2 leave for the church now,my son is very worried i will be late another awful habit i have... have a beauty filled day/nite...bubbles&blessings,luna

SOUTHSIDEGUY
Veteran Member

Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:29 pm

ATM: I'm diggine a hole for the Fig tree I've always wanted.

Roan's Lady

Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:16 pm

Wishing your father good health, Luna. The Universe is holding your hand (and your father's) even when you don't feel that it is. It's so fortunate that he happened to be at the doctor's office when he fell ill, and his care was started so quickly.
It doesn't matter that we don't "know" you - we're all connected, we all affect each other. So may the thoughts of Southside, myself, and the other readers of your post be the first of many for you - I'm sure they will be. Hang in there, and keep us posted, Luna.

~moon safari

topographic_drama1980
Starship Trooper

Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:17 am

Sorry to hear about your dad's illness, Luna. I hope he gets better. I loved the way you posted, too. Like SSG, said, it's like soft poetry.
Ascend and Create!

tardistraveler

Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:43 am

Luna - my thoughts are with you and your dad for a speedy recovery.

And regarding our kids, and their potential boyfriends/girlfriends - I'm always amazed that it was OK when WE were young and did crazy things, but we don't want our KIDS doing those! LOL

Whether we like it or not, they are going to try some of the same things we did. And at some point, they ARE going to have sex. I know it's weird to think about, but it's true. All we can do is hope that we've taught them good sense to the best of our ability, and listen to them as they go through their teen age years - don't shut them out, and don't start issuing ultimatums, because they DON'T work!

Nolan, Amy - good luck with your kids, and wish me luck with mine! :D

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:07 pm

Last night Bethany and a girlfriend were on a trampoline till 10pm with a neighborhood boy........I had the floodlights on them.....lol
Hotel California

OB1kenOB
Charter Member

Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:54 pm

ATM: sitting on the sidewalk, unshowered, wearing riding boots, and a big brown hooded bathrobe with a shiney flashlight hanging from my belt.
Huddled under a makeshift tent with Chewbacca and Darth Vader.
Our conversation over the last hour devoted to solving this mystery...
We've been sitting here for days now, and not seen one single princess in a brass bikini.

actually:
ATM: I just weighed in at 243.5 only four lbs shy of my target.
(I've promised myself that on my 47th birthday I will weigh less than 240, and never go over 240 again) August of 2003 I was 297.
http://members.cox.net/kendrobertson/

"That which you are seeking is causing you to seek!"