At This Moment...What's Happening In Your Life?

Feel like discussing other things with your YEStalk friends? Speak your mind in our off-topic YEStalk section.
Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:58 am

Listening to a Yes at Wembley 70's bootleg, drinking ice water with lime, just finished educating Psychopomp on another forum.
Attempting new diet : avoiding meat and cheese and junk food and alcohol. Eating incredibly small portions. Feeling anemic.
Becoming a Darwinist and Buddhist and cynical of US government.
ETC.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:28 am

I'm up a little early because I've spent the better part of Saturday drugged and sleeping. The meds aren't really working - I'm still in pain. So, I'd rather sleep and not be in pain. MRI on 22nd and I have to wait until the 27th to see the neurologist. 5 days isn't so bad. My brother in law had to wait a month.

Over the years, I've had to give up some of the activities that I love to do because of my neck. Well, I'm not going to ignore this anymore. Got to get to the bottom of this. It's ruining my life. Any pain-management advice that doesn't involve drugs would be greatly appreciated. :)

perpetualchanger
Starship Trooper

Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:41 pm

Westie: I have neck pain from spending too many years sitting at a computer with too few breaks. I have permanently lost the curve in my cervical spine because of it.

Something that has helped me immensely is yoga. I have a tape published by a company called Gaiam (http://www.gaiam.com) called Yoga for Back Care that really helps me. I don't know if this is something you can do, because I don't know your individual limitations. But I offer it in good faith. ;)

I also have benefited from going to a chiropractor. I am fortunate that my health insurance covers it, and I only have to pay a small co-pay like I do with any other doctor.

Greenglade: You need protein, my friend. Meat is a major source of protein and going without it always makes me feel like crap. So if you don't want to eat meat, you must find some alternative sources of protein. It also wouldn't hurt to take iron supplements if you're feeling anemic.

ATM, I'm dispensing advice (surprise) and fixing to have my first cup of coffee this morning. Boy, is that long overdue!
Michele Hriciso
My personal site:
http://www.bikerbitchblog.com

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:38 pm

Thank you for the advice. As soon as I get a diagnosis or the well, frankly, we don't know what's wrong with you, off the chiropractor I go. I will also look into yoga and physical therapy. Thanks for the link. I'm off to check it out. :)

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:08 pm

I know a good method of pain relief. Where do you live? :cool:

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:44 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote:I know a good method of pain relief. Where do you live? :cool:

Tee hee hee. You :salook: you. :D

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:45 am

Sounds like you've got the "doldrums"...Hang in there and good luck with the MRI, etc.....If you have any leftover meds,
kidding.....

Don't worry WW, I gave YOUR name and address to the Southern Baptist Convention meeting here in Nashville and they should be arriving anytime to "Lay Hands" on you......or was it the Biker Rally Convention that's also in town I gave your info too.....??????
I also put in your app at Coyote Ugly because I saw last night that the staff there gets an excellent physical workout doing their "job"...
I think either plan will get rid of the doldrums...Thinking of you and yours...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8234284/
http://www.coyoteuglysaloon.com/nashville/

PTL and "V'room".....

wild_westie wrote:I'm up a little early because I've spent the better part of Saturday drugged and sleeping. The meds aren't really working - I'm still in pain. So, I'd rather sleep and not be in pain. MRI on 22nd and I have to wait until the 27th to see the neurologist. 5 days isn't so bad. My brother in law had to wait a month.

Over the years, I've had to give up some of the activities that I love to do because of my neck. Well, I'm not going to ignore this anymore. Got to get to the bottom of this. It's ruining my life. Any pain-management advice that doesn't involve drugs would be greatly appreciated. :)
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:59 am

tribute1969 wrote:Sounds like you've got the "doldrums"...Hang in there and good luck with the MRI, etc.....If you have any leftover meds,
kidding.....

Don't worry WW, I gave YOUR name and address to the Southern Baptist Convention meeting here in Nashville and they should be arriving anytime to "Lay Hands" on you......or was it the Biker Rally Convention that's also in town I gave your info too.....??????
I also put in your app at Coyote Ugly because I saw last night that the staff there gets an excellent physical workout doing their "job"...
I think either plan will get rid of the doldrums...Thinking of you and yours...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8234284/
http://www.coyoteuglysaloon.com/nashville/

PTL and "V'room".....

Nolan,
Thanks. But the laying of hands kind of scares me a bit. I'm using my brain's chemistry of trying everything to release endorphins. It works!

Tomfoolery

just got back to the house

Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:47 pm

Went camping with my 13 year old last night.. got out of work at 2:30, braved the beach and tunnel traffic, went to Newport News Park campground here in Southeastern Virginia, set up the tent, cooked hotdogs on an open fire, played Feudal, sat around the campfire and sang campfire songs, crashed out in the tent for the night, then got up really early this morning (sunrise) and went fishing. Didn't catch any fish... rotten turtles kept stealing our bait.... but DID catch a small turtle. Threw him back in, packed up the tent, poles, cooler, etc. into the back of the truck, left, stopped at Hardees for breakfast biscuits, and just got back to the house. Just he and I. What a blast I had... and he seemed to have a great time as well. It was beyond cool. :icon_cool

Time for a shower and a nap. :) :o
"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"

OB1kenOB
Charter Member

Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:22 am

Very cool Tomfoolery
I had some quality time with my son this weekend (not an easy thing to do in his case) He's almost 20, and I could go on all night about the negatives but I won’t. Saturday he played solo acoustic to open for a couple local bands at a new all age’s venue. About 30 minutes of his originals and two covers.
He did well, and I captured it on a digital video cam I've had sitting around several weeks and not used yet. The recording came out pretty good, I edited in a cool opening title, and ending. When he saw the video he dug it big time. That felt pretty good. He said it looked like a cool bootleg you'd buy at a decent store, and that no one could have done better even if he'd paid them. A labor of love actually appreciated; there is still hope here :)

ATM...
OB1 is planning a solo road trip in the kenmobile.
Bentonville Arkansas to Bloomington Indiana for the 4th.
Visiting my family back in the home town.
Checking out the local parade.
May stop at Bass Pro Shop on the way home for fishing supplies.
There is a winery and a favorite Greek restaurant on my to-do list.
Hoagy Carmichael museum is a consideration.
acquiring a martin guitar during this adventure is on the agenda.
I'll be sporting my treo 650 for mobile communication including web access.
Tunes will be provided by the kenmobiles more than adequate sound system, fed by the 40G Zen Jukebox with 4300 + tracks on MP3.
http://members.cox.net/kendrobertson/

"That which you are seeking is causing you to seek!"

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:28 am

Oh, my body is feeling so great right now. I went to yesworld a few days ago and ordered a reproduction vintage [:yes] Tee shirt - In The Round - Tour of the Americas 79. This was my first [:yes] concert. Sure, it cost my almost $100.00 but I had to have it. I'm wearing it now. It's a great tee. It's soft, fits perfectly and looks vintage. I'm never taking it off. :)

OB1kenOB
Charter Member

Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:56 am

I bought one of those at what was also my first YESshow.
It features the round stage and the cool light rack
sort of close encounters-ish
Mine shrank in the first washing and I let a smaller friend "borrow" it.
never got it back, wouldn't have fit anyway
but it looked awsome !
ps: none of that itenerary junk on the back
http://members.cox.net/kendrobertson/

"That which you are seeking is causing you to seek!"

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:50 am

OB1kenOB wrote:I bought one of those at what was also my first YESshow.
but it looked awsome !

Yeah, I don't like that stuff on the back. The tee shirt is made by Trunk. Ebay has them for sell as well. They're great. I'm going to buy some more. Wash them by hand in cold water with Woolite for dark clothes, and don't put them in the dryer. Shame on your friend.

tardistraveler

Quality Time

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:54 pm

I got to spend some "quality time" with J.J. last weekend - we left Friday morning by car for Cincinnati, where we met up with some of the YesFans for a gathering - LOTS of fun. Then we left via plane for Newark, where Amy picked us up, and we all drove to Atlantic City for The Musical Box concert! She took us back to the plane Sunday morning, where we flew back to Cincy, picked up the car, and drove home!

We really had a wonderful time - J.J. commented on how much he liked my friends, and was very sweet on the plane when things got bumpy . . . :) And he LOVED the concert - said it was INCREDIBLE!

It made me feel really good to share the weekend with him, and have him enjoy some of the things I do - we'll do it again soon - he wants to go to Atlanta to see Dream Theater in August!

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:04 pm

That's what you say NOW,
I'm betting it gets thrown at Chris in Chicago to let him wipe his brow with it and then he can toss it back to you.....CTTww

wild_westie wrote:Oh, my body is feeling so great right now. I'm wearing it now. It's a great tee. It's soft, fits perfectly and looks vintage. I'm never taking it off. :)
Hotel California

Gary
Charter Member

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:36 pm

tardistraveler wrote:I got to spend some "quality time" with J.J. last weekend - we left Friday morning by car for Cincinnati, where we met up with some of the YesFans for a gathering - LOTS of fun. Then we left via plane for Newark, where Amy picked us up, and we all drove to Atlantic City for The Musical Box concert! She took us back to the plane Sunday morning, where we flew back to Cincy, picked up the car, and drove home!

We really had a wonderful time - J.J. commented on how much he liked my friends, and was very sweet on the plane when things got bumpy . . . :) And he LOVED the concert - said it was INCREDIBLE!

It made me feel really good to share the weekend with him, and have him enjoy some of the things I do - we'll do it again soon - he wants to go to Atlanta to see Dream Theater in August!

Sounds like a very memorable weekend. I often wonder how my son and I will get along when he gets older. My father and I got along oK up until I was 12 or 13. Then it was all downhill from there.

Cool post, D!

tardistraveler

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:42 pm

Gary wrote:Sounds like a very memorable weekend. I often wonder how my son and I will get along when he gets older. My father and I got along oK up until I was 12 or 13. Then it was all downhill from there.

Cool post, D!

Yeah, I wasn't sure how things would work for us - we had a good relationship when he was younger, but things had been bumpy over the last year or so. Fortunately, we DO have some common ground - unlike me and MY parents - we both have similar tastes in movies and music, so those are things we can enjoy together. I know he wishes I shared his passion for video games, but I really don't - I do support the fact that HE loves them though.

Gary
Charter Member

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:43 pm

OB1kenOB wrote:I bought one of those at what was also my first YESshow.
but it looked awsome !

Ahhhhh, the days of the Pakistani black T's with the cheap silk screening. $4 for the T-shirt and $6 for the 3/4 sleeve jersey. Misshappen and shrinkage no matter what you did. Always bought them a size or 2 too big. They'd shrink some and you'd grow some, so in a year or so they'd somewhat fit. I had dozens of them.

We saw sooooo many shows back then. Use to use the money I earned working at the dry cleaner and then at the A & P. Very good memories!

Gary
Charter Member

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:46 pm

Tomfoolery wrote:.......braved the beach and tunnel traffic, .......

Sounded like you lived here in NYC.

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:51 pm

tardistraveler wrote:Yeah, I wasn't sure how things would work for us - we had a good relationship when he was younger, but things had been bumpy over the last year or so. Fortunately, we DO have some common ground - unlike me and MY parents - we both have similar tastes in movies and music, so those are things we can enjoy together. I know he wishes I shared his passion for video games, but I really don't - I do support the fact that HE loves them though.

I'm so happy that you two have a great relationship. And enjoyed a wonderful recent trip together. If he doesn't mind, I'll play some video games with him. :)

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:54 pm

tribute1969 wrote:That's what you say NOW,
I'm betting it gets thrown at Chris in Chicago to let him wipe his brow with it and then he can toss it back to you.....CTTww

Awwww. I'll never get it back if I throw it from the opera box.
Maybe, I can get close to him somehow and ask him to sweat on me a little please. Oh, the look he'll give me. :)

tardistraveler

Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:16 pm

wild_westie wrote:Awwww. I'll never get it back if I throw it from the opera box.
Maybe, I can get close to him somehow and ask him to sweat on me a little please. Oh, the look he'll give me. :)

Maybe Scooty can get us backstage and Chris can sweat on our biker leather! :D

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:51 am

tardistraveler wrote:Maybe Scooty can get us backstage and Chris can sweat on our biker leather! :D

Oh yeah! And we'll hand him some of our Hustler garmets to sign while we're still wearing them. :D

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Two peas in the pod.....

Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:15 am

OK, I am planning to attend a Dream Theater concert in Atlanta 8/5 maybe with my 13 year old and that would be after attending the Vans/Warped Tour '05 in Atlanta on 8/3 with her as well.....the only hangup is that she attends "year around school" and she will have to miss school to do so...but soon thereafter we are planning on attending the Green Day/American Idiot Tour stop here in Nashville on 8/15 then go to the all day OzzFest '05 here in Nashville, which I want to do anyway since I have never seen/heard Ozzy and Black Sabbath...........so it IS nice to have an offspring that likes the same music as you, definitely!!!

After this I am to start planning on attending Bonneroo '06 with some other YesTalkers and YesFans so we may be assigned to the same POD together as is the procedure at past Bonneroo Festivals....the 13 year old will probably not join us for Bonneroo '06

and ALL of this is "wonderful" after all the years of attending concerts of The Spice Girls, Hanson, Backstreet Boys, 98o, etc.....yes, I still have the ticket stubs.......talk about warped......

oh no, it's not over yet, I have a 4 year old, maybe a Britney Spears concert is in my future......
Hotel California

Tomfoolery

Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:11 am

tribute1969 wrote:
oh no, it's not over yet, I have a 4 year old, maybe a Britney Spears concert is in my future......

As my 18 year old is fond of saying... bring earplugs and binoculars....

Seriously.. enjoy the concert! It's wonderful that our kids enjoy the same music that we do. It's MORE wonderful that they want to share the time with us, rather than kicking us to the curb for their friends. That's a sign of a good relationship with our young'uns... and that's a GOOD thing.
"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:06 pm

I have had an AMAZING time in the last month or so !

I saw Ozric Tentacles Percupine Tree and Bob Weir .

I had a beautiful trip East and met some wonderful folks

I was in Manhatten , brooklyn, the bronks ,long island ,Queeens and spent a great deal of time in the Squats in Alphabet city
and learned alot about people and city life from a certin perspective.

then I speant some time in Manchester and Concord New Hampshire

i was also in Keene and White river junction a while

I then retreated to the heart of the Green mountains in Vermont which was wonderfull relaxing and peace itself.

I reccconected with my spirit

My Fibromyalgia is in remisssion as is my CFS(Chronic Fatigue syndrome)

I found a pill that makes my migranes and severe tension headaches better

and was hypnotized for insomnia
very cool it actually worked with the combination of this pill.

i popped in here and lurked a little to see what was up but I was around a bunch of Macs and I am a Pc Guy
and I couldnt get the hang of the mac

to tell my adventures as they happenned

Life is back in balance for me

"Jah Live-Children, YEAH"

N2yes
Starship Trooper

Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:06 pm

Here you were in Concord and ya didn't even bother to look me up. What is that all about??? Yes, it could have been the convergence of the Chris's, but no. Hmmm...
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Lis'nin' to Asia

Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:20 pm

It's a foggy Sunday in So Cal, listening to Asia Alpha, typing on a laptop. Think I'll go out and have a toxic half-caff at Starfu--ks and watch the outdoor mall crowd and hot chicks, MILF's, 30/40ish housewives, up the hill where it is sunny. Hope I can get some type of tan, cuz I look pale like some dude that spends too much time on the computer and holed up watching prog rock videos.

Thinking of going to the beach when this litoral fog mass cycle ends and actually swimming in the ocean. Might clear up my toenail fungus thing and buttcrack-sittin' -too-much itch. Phuque the sharks and all that, only thing to worry about is stingrays and jelly fish where I go. I like bodysurfing and getting blasted with sand. I don't like sitting on the beach so much for extended periods, unless I have a good book, cd on walkman and there are some hotties to spy on in the near vicinity. Gotta hide the cigs and maybe a beer cuz there are dudes that drive around on little dunebuggy motor cycles and I think there's a new law against smokin'. I know drinking is prohibited.

Fireworks may be impossible to see tomorrow 'cuz of the coastal fog, and they are illegal in my town.

My computer broke down completely and it is time to chuck it and buy a new Dell for $800. Credit cards are a livesaver.

Think I may have chronic stupidity syndrome and have gained back half of the weight I lost, but I'm in a pretty good mood.
[:idr]
Taking a class in Macromedia Dreamweaver MX, looks cool for my new website ideas in the future.

I've dropped the self-imposed prohibition on beer, just lite and not more than 6 per session. As part of the diet, I just won't eat so much meat and cheese or margarine.

Think I'll get back into guitar and make some tapes and doodle around with my kooky casio keyboard(coool organ sound).

My nephew fell out the car in a Maryland parking lot cuz he wasn't wearing a seatbelt again. He's OK ,but was severely frightened for several hours. Tell kids to always wear seatbelts.

I don't know why I'm in a good mood but I'm turning 41 soon and not worried.
[} :) ]
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

psychopomp95
Starship Trooper

Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:07 am

I've had a busy long weekend of jamming in various configurations with various musicians. :p I guess I'm in "bands" with them, technically, but to me nothing is serious unless we start getting gigs! There's no way I'd have time for all of them, though - when I get to that point, it's ONE band I put my time and energy into... I'd still be playing with my dad, anyway, so that's two seperate 'situations' right there. I guess the fact that I gig with my dad ties into the whole 'family relationships' bit over the past little while - my dad and I get along as well as any father and son I've ever seen, and it's something I count my blessings for every day. :) And I get along with my mom just as well, too!
Anyway, I'm about to head out for a short bikeride (it keeps alternating between cloud and sun here, but it's decently warm all the same), then to the store to pick up a removable hard drive for the computer - I can't keep recording all of these songs with the limited space I have right now! :p Then it'll be a quiet Sunday night of cleaning up the studio, and putting some ideas down for a project I'm helping a friend of mine with!

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:57 am

N2yes wrote:Here you were in Concord and ya didn't even bother to look me up. What is that all about??? Yes, it could have been the convergence of the Chris's, but no. Hmmm...
The thought seriously crossed my mind -unfortunately my time was under other peoples control during that portion of the trip

and I was there only a couple days
though I did keep my eyes open for you

I will be back possibly this year