At This Moment...What's Happening In Your Life?

Feel like discussing other things with your YEStalk friends? Speak your mind in our off-topic YEStalk section.
Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:53 pm

As if anyone would actually read my boring daily blog......
NP: Howe's Turbulence
Thinking aloud....For Entertainment Purposes Only
I watched Keys and HOB DVD's and some Doors in Europe last night and chugged a "few" Natural Light beers(it's the type of beer that would make gourmets gag, tastes a bit like diluted charcoal, but if it is cold, it's OK). Dropped a few melatonin and valerian root herbal pills and took a vitamin as a supplement
(Doors and Yes don't exactly mix well in a watching session. Doors is such an indissolubly L.A.-linked band and so virile and macho and dark. )

The alternative to sitting at home was to go and check out the new, spacious location of the Hennesey's Irish bar down near the coast. Then I thought: F--k this, everyone is out of town, and I'm not going down there alone and sip a $5 Coors lite while the fog rolls in, chilling my sandaled, brownish, and shortened-big-toenail feet. They'd probably have the ubiquitous reggae-blues-jazz-country-salsa band and gratuitous horns that invariably bore and annoy me anyway, or no band at all, and....well, they might get some good music in there if they don't market to some mindless under-30 crowd hot to fit into the current city scene.
Somehow I fantasize illogically that there might be a 30-something broad at the bar with a nearby apartment; and things would work out 'cuz she wouldn't be "white trash"-- which is sort of a nasty thing to say, but you gotta keep up your standards.

One thing that bugs me is cell phones and women that have extended conversations on dates or when in public places. It's rude. Why go out if you're gonna talk on the phone? Some women should marry their cell phones.

A dove built a nest next to the kitchen window and it's eggs hatched yesterday. Now there are little dove chicks cuddling up next to mom.

Decided to "take over"a friend's extra laptop indefinitely instead of immediately buying a new Dell computer for $750 . Not having a computer really sucks.

I didn't get around to doodling on my guitars and Casio keyboard toy-By the time I hook up all the low-quality cords and cables and extension routers to get the thing plugged in and running, it's like f--k, too lazy to jam now. Maybe today.
After not playing for several weeks, my hands are strong, but "misdirected".

Note to musicians: Don't buy cheap cables and cords!!! The power goes off with one nudge up or down , right or left.

Since I drank beer last night, I feel obligated today to go back on my vegetarian, reduced-fat, natural food diet. Then again, I could go for a Whopper at Burger King. That and onion rings and a coffee w/cream!Sometimes I have a craving for beef. Then I'd have to go jogging for 3 miles a day to work that off.
I'm now around 212 lbs. , down from almost 220 a few months ago. My ideal weight is 195-200, as I am very tall.

What I really want to do is make a big ass plate of f--in' NACHOS with plenty of black BEANS, guacamole, good salsa and chopped onions. :D

Actually, I could go down to Trader Joe's if they're open, and get some huumus or some Tiziki and black bean tortilla chips, wash that down with some Amstel, or better, mineral water.There's one dude always down there with a "Jesus Van", all decorated with signs w/biblical quotes and handing out salvation tracts. Better if he gave out free Tagamet or Zantac-- with all the spicy foreign food they sell in that store.

Gas is too friggin' expensive. I'd like to hightail down to the beach. You know, gas is $3 a gallon here!!!

Man, I think I'll just buy a bicycle. With a big, cushy seat, not one of those vas deferens and ball-crushing racer seats that stick up your perinieum and ass. Maybe a mountain or touring bike would be cool.

Anyway, happy 4th of July!!
[} :) ]
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

yesireebob

Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:32 am

wild_westie wrote:Oh, my body is feeling so great right now. I went to yesworld a few days ago and ordered a reproduction vintage [:yes] Tee shirt - In The Round - Tour of the Americas 79. This was my first [:yes] concert. Sure, it cost my almost $100.00 but I had to have it. I'm wearing it now. It's a great tee. It's soft, fits perfectly and looks vintage. I'm never taking it off. :)
You are a bad influence! After reading your post, I checked out the In the Round Tees and bought the tank top. Got it the other day, it's great! I love it!

OB1kenOB
Charter Member

Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:17 pm

[quote="
ATM...
OB1 is planning a solo road trip in the kenmobile.
Bentonville Arkansas to Bloomington Indiana for the 4th.
Visiting my family back in the home town.
Checking out the local parade.
May stop at Bass Pro Shop on the way home for fishing supplies.
There is a winery and a favorite Greek restaurant on my to-do list.
Hoagy Carmichael museum is a consideration.
acquiring a martin guitar during this adventure is on the agenda.
I'll be sporting my treo 650 for mobile communication including web access.
Tunes will be provided by the kenmobiles more than adequate sound system, fed by the 40G Zen Jukebox with 4300 + tracks on MP3.[/QUOTE"]

ATM,
I'm back at la casda de OB1
spontainiaty ruled the road trip.
I did check out the parade it was "interesting" (for lack of better adjectives"
did not do Bass Pro Shop
didn't make it to the winery, and the Greek Resturant was closed for the holiday the two days I was there.
Couldn't fit the Hoagy museum into the visit
What I did do was have an adventure with my brother we will both remember for a long time.
While we get along fine when we are together, we frequently do not communicate for months at a time. He's 3 years older and we have always had seperate worlds. I'm kind of "left field-hippy-tech-rockin-old wizard", he's more "main street-down to earth-woodsman-indiana jones"
While planning my trip I came across this site...
http://www.todayscacher.com/2005/feb/caches.asp
as I arrived in town I asked my brother if he knew where this was. He knows the local forrests better than the town. He had heard of them, but never saw them.
Armed with a cheap GPS unit we set out on the morning of the 4th to see this thing. Hours of trekking up and down steep thick woods in the heart of the part of Indiana you would go in July if you just had to find a rattlesnake we pushed ourselves to physical limits, then we found it.
I had a couple theories involving drunken hunters or bored hippies and lots of pullies and cable, but on seeing it in person all theories vanished. All I could think of was that old Fleetwood Mac tune Hypnotized.
It was a magical day of mystery and adventure in the wilderness.
The most magical part of the experience was this was the first time in over 30 years these two brothers spent 5 hours together with no TV, radio, traffic, other voices, etc.

ps
As for the Martin, I really can't spend more than $800 on this toy I really do not deserve, so it's come to choosing between a DM or a D15, or something from the DX (counter top/particle board) line. Ive visited Two local shops, a shop in Bloomington, and a shop on the road in MO. the conclusion I have come to...
My current 6 string : 1980 Yamaha FG340 I bought new in 81. It still looks new, and sounds better than it did 25 years ago.

Martin DM and D15 : beautiful instruments. While they do sound better than my Yamaha of course, The difference in sound is not as dramatic as I'd expected. My old yamaha sounds pretty damn close to those guys.

Martin DX1 : Hanging on the wall this guitar looks great. knowing that the back, sides, and neck are made of "HPL" high pressure laminate aka particle board is an emotional turn off, and when you take it off the wall and look at the back... gasp ! there is this quasy woodgrain pattern on the bottom of the neck that looks like a salmons butt. Here is the sad part. When you strom this thing it just rings. If you hold the DX1 and the DM side by side the DX1 sounds better.

So, emotionally I want the real wood DM or D15
and my ego wants the more expensive DM or D15
and me eyes perfer looking at the DM or D15

but I'm buying it to play, and I think I'll regret if I don't buy the one that sounds the best, so as soon as I log off I'm going for the DX1
http://members.cox.net/kendrobertson/

"That which you are seeking is causing you to seek!"

tardistraveler

Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:11 pm

Thanks for sharing the site, Ken, AND the story. It's cool when you find some common ground with a sibling - my sister and I manage to occasionally although WE are miles apart usually!

ATM: Another day at work - trying to finish up a project, my part of it anyway, so I can turn it over to the next person to finish what THEY need to!

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:14 pm

Up early, listening to Porcupine Tree's DEAD WING on headphones...
wow!!

Maybe going to a local pool today with the kids.......
Working 11am-11pm tomorrow......
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

perpetualchanger
Starship Trooper

Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:26 pm

Just hanging out right now, trying to catch up with a few things that I've had to put aside for a while. Busy with work and school and helping my hubby with his new internet business (which is going better than we thought it would). Hope everyone is happy and healthy.
Michele Hriciso
My personal site:
http://www.bikerbitchblog.com

Thoughtbecontact
Veteran Member

Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:19 am

I'm trying to finish clearing out my mother's house so I can close the deal on July 22. It sold much faster than I thought, so I've been going a bit crazy. Haven't been here at all in recent weeks, but that will change once I'm done. Just had an estate sale over the weekend too. I do wish people weren't so darned cheap!!!!
AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:43 am

yesireebob wrote:You are a bad influence! After reading your post, I checked out the In the Round Tees and bought the tank top. Got it the other day, it's great! I love it!

Oh, I relish being a bad influence. Isn't the material great? I'm going to get some more tee's from this company. When the weather turns cool, I'll order the hoodie. Although, it might not be available then. So, I must order it now. I do think that Trunk has the best quality.

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:06 pm

OK, enough TALK. let's SEE some pictures!!
YesGoddess Models.....
wild_westie wrote:Oh, I relish being a bad influence. Isn't the material great? I'm going to get some more tee's from this company. When the weather turns cool, I'll order the hoodie. Although, it might not be available then. So, I must order it now. I do think that Trunk has the best quality.
Hotel California

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:20 pm

I think I'll become a Buddhist and stop drinking beer. But I have a few more in my 12 pack

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Lazy day, Saturday afternoon

Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:54 pm

More about my exciting existence.............Last night I watched Keys to Ascension . Man , that actually is a good video, if judged artistically as a whole. It's not as clear as Symphonic, but it has really beautiful video clips inserted into the stage view; and I think they were shot in Santa Barbara mountains and the Sierras. Squire looks like he over-indulged the night before, so does Anderson. Steve Howe is in top form and enthusiastic. I really got into "Revealing Science" like in the old days when I had the LP.

Oh yeah, went to Borders last night and bought Pink Floyd :D ark Side of the Moon] DVD. This is a documentary on the band. There was a strange overweight young woman in the store listening to samples of some recording with headphones and she was hot and sweaty and making really loud comments about what she was listening to and laughing. She was alone. It was weird. Probably insane or something.

Went to the local shopping center/mall and had a coffee and listened to a band with steel drums and keys and electric guitar. I think they were playing Grateful Dead tunes. They also played "Over The Hills and Faraway"(Zep). The guitarist played with great tone and finesse. No applause from the shoppers walking by in this open-air mall. People in our town are rather reserved.

It was hot, and, owing to the dearth of umbrellas, I baked my head, which still has hair;but it was that dry, you know, I could feel it, my pate getting burned a little.

I went to Radio Shack to buy a fax machine, but they don't sell them.

Then I drove around and this song "Touch, touch, hear you now.. callin' my name"(????Some tune from 70's) came on the radio, then down to the coast with Lenny Kravitz and Hendrix blasting(that'd be cool if they could play together).

Now I'm listening to tape of my own music I recorded a few years back. It sounds good;now I can't remember how to play , however, some of the pieces I learned back then.

One of them was the opening to "Spanish Fly" by Eddie Van Halen.

Some neighbors cut out the roots of a tree near my garden and now I have no shade in that area and less privacy. I wasn't thinking of nude sunbathing or anything, but it was nice before to have the trees block out the view.

Nobody has cleared the brush on the side of the canyon across the street. If there were ever several days of full sunny days without fog that area might torch up into a brush fire. Last week we had a fire about 5 miles away and there were many helipcopters spraying fire retardant. A year or so ago there was a big fire in the LA area and the sky was orange for a few days and it was raining micro-particles of fine ash all over, a hint of Pompeii [} :) ]

The two doves garding a nest near the kitchen window hatched their eggs last week and there were several chicks. Then they split and took part of the nest with them. Then they came back a few days ago. I don't think a cat could reach up in this bush, and a crow wouldn't have been able to fit up there or even see, so I wonder where the chicks and part of the nest went..

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Bo side

Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:22 pm

I did exactly the same thing yesterday....
oh, no I didn't , actually I worked on my day off....sounds like a fun day!
Thanks for letting me pretend I was there........

I did get my poster of the green pyramids from inside my original 30+ yr old first pressing of Pink Floyd's album this week...it's framed and mounted in the "Crimson Room" where I pretend alot.......
now, BO, where were we????

Greenglade's Frog wrote:More about my exciting existence.............Last night I watched Keys to Ascension . Man , that actually is a good video, if judged artistically as a whole. It's not as clear as Symphonic, but it has really beautiful video clips inserted into the stage view]over-indulged [/B] the night before, so does Anderson. Steve Howe is in top form and enthusiastic. I really got into "Revealing Science" like in the old days when I had the LP.

Oh yeah, went to Borders last night and bought Pink Floyd :D ark Side of the Moon] DVD. This is a documentary on the band. There was a strange overweight young woman in the store listening to samples of some recording with headphones and she was hot and sweaty and making really loud comments about what she was listening to and laughing. She was alone. It was weird. Probably insane or something.

Went to the local shopping center/mall and had a coffee and listened to a band with steel drums and keys and electric guitar. I think they were playing Grateful Dead tunes. They also played "Over The Hills and Faraway"(Zep). The guitarist played with great tone and finesse. No applause from the shoppers walking by in this open-air mall. People in our town are rather reserved.

It was hot, and, owing to the dearth of umbrellas, I baked my head, which still has hair;but it was that dry, you know, I could feel it, my pate getting burned a little.

I went to Radio Shack to buy a fax machine, but they don't sell them.

Then I drove around and this song "Touch, touch, hear you now.. callin' my name"(????Some tune from 70's) came on the radio, then down to the coast with Lenny Kravitz and Hendrix blasting(that'd be cool if they could play together).

Now I'm listening to tape of my own music I recorded a few years back. It sounds good;now I can't remember how to play , however, some of the pieces I learned back then.

One of them was the opening to "Spanish Fly" by Eddie Van Halen.

Some neighbors cut out the roots of a tree near my garden and now I have no shade in that area and less privacy. I wasn't thinking of nude sunbathing or anything, but it was nice before to have the trees block out the view.

Nobody has cleared the brush on the side of the canyon across the street. If there were ever several days of full sunny days without fog that area might torch up into a brush fire. Last week we had a fire about 5 miles away and there were many helipcopters spraying fire retardant. A year or so ago there was a big fire in the LA area and the sky was orange for a few days and it was raining micro-particles of fine ash all over, a hint of Pompeii [} :) ]

The two doves garding a nest near the kitchen window hatched their eggs last week and there were several chicks. Then they split and took part of the nest with them. Then they came back a few days ago. I don't think a cat could reach up in this bush, and a crow wouldn't have been able to fit up there or even see, so I wonder where the chicks and part of the nest went..
Hotel California

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

A day of ascetic delight

Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:52 pm

NP: Song From the Wood, JT

Thanks Tribute, but it wasn't actually such an exciting day. Just run of the mill!

Today, I must start eating lettuce tacos and avoid any food with grease in it, to compensate for the beers I poured down my throat Friday, an average of 2 ML's per hour. By the end of the week a delayed metabolic reaction "beer-born fetus" will protrude below and necessitate loosening my belt another notch(until no notches left; need a bigger belt.

Friday, I didn't finish the Floyd DVD. I stuck in SRTS Zep VHS and then my DVD/VCR player displayed "Error", so then I stuck in HOB DVD and then listened to MOody Blues CD and fell asleep in carbonated, gaseous stupor.

Were supposed to havin' a f--in' heatwave here in SoCal but all I see the entire day is a soupy gray, low-hanging fog of dubious purity, not evaporating , but then again, it is cleaner than valley smog inland, where it will be 100degrees and a convection oven red smog alert advisory, or maybe.
It doesn't look like the sunny day here. and that for 2 weeks. It's like living in England or something, or it's late winter and not even that warm until like 2 PM when some of the fog clears. And all these people having summer fun...in the sun. No really it is like 5 different microclimates within 5 miles in this town, some areas sunny and dry, then up the hill moist and cool, then breezy and hazy near the coast then soupy fog in the city.

In any case only an Englishman would talk about the weather so much.

Roan's Lady

Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:01 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote: In any case only an Englishman would talk about the weather so much.
When he's not talking about how horny he is all the time, that is. ]that[/i] is funny...

ATM, going between here, there, and schoolwork. Brother and sis-in-law had a big fight this morning, sis-in-law calls with this not-news, tells me he's coming here, and NOT TO MENTION THE FIGHT - so now he's downstairs playing ping-pong with Alan and his kids are here too...and everyone's being polite as the walls remain firmly in place.
Umm...ok...!!

hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sundays are so "churchy"

Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:21 am

Feeling English, and randy like Roan said, etc.
Had a green tea in "foggy bottom basin flatlands" near the beach. Went to the import store to buy some fancy Cornuts, but it was too crowded. I sat at an outdoor cafe with the smell of rotting trash wafting. Wore my beige Izod chino shorts and black neoprene wetsuit-like sandals. Big toenails in view- retarded growth due to previous fungus growth.
Have 4 beers left but don't need 'em.
Bought a fax machine from Amazon at super low price. Hope it works.
NP: some stupid movie on Sci-Fi Channel called "Silent Warnings"(probably turn to some other channel). .
Picked my nose and got a semi-dry one.
Had 4 lettuce and salsa tacos.
Read an article about the future of genetic engineering or evolutionary engineering. Pretty f--in' weird , considering that any technology man gets his hands on he eventually uses for evil.
Tried to do some "Pilate" exercises I made up. Harder to do when wearing belt w/shorts, loosened belt, lucky no top bottom- it popped off, belt keeps shorts up when in public, nobody notices unless belt loose and zipper slides down, didn't wash shorts, kung pao chicken grease on lower leg...think chicks like color of shorts and shirt I was wearing, complements my hair and skin color, sunglasses a bit passe', feel like 50's spy...
Tried to do a meditation thing. Kept thinking of radio talk show I had just turned off about online dating, say it's like arranged marriages, people too lazy for face-to-face involvment..
Lots of people out riding bikes: mountain bikes, racing bikes(road-hogging spandex prissies!! I almost hit one as he so daintily crossed over from the bike lane into the main lane just to pass his group), strandcruisers, etc. Wish I had strandcruiser bike instead of new fax machine. If I did , I would have spent all day riding instead of smokin' tiges de la morte and drivin' around wasting $2.65/gallon gas.
I'm the ultimate penny pincher and get stomach upset when I make a large purchase.
Spending too much on music DVD's.
Feel like going to going to Blockbuster and getting a movie with nudity in it. Watch cable TV instead and eat homemade popcorn, 'lot cheaper.
Only looked a few women's butts at cafe'. "Walk by in their summer clothes. I have to turn my head..." No,shut up Mick, paint it black yourself("I'm a monkeeeey!")
My luck get in my car and Boston comes on again. Cool group but they play it too much. Shit KLOS, get some new rock and not top 40 rock from 20 years ago!!

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:39 pm

my wife is opening a daycare center #2

and we are remodeling and setting up this "New" building

so I work 4-6 hours a day on that.

I have some pretty serious medical stuff

that makes it hard to do all this stuff
(build shelves etc.)

so things have been Good but busy and I am SORE

but its great practice to build up my strength

for possibly returning to work

i had taken time out to see alot of concerts

and to see old friends as well as take a short trip east

this very moment
I am .....
Arriving somewhere...........(not Here)

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:21 am

yesman90125 wrote:my wife is opening a daycare center #2

and we are remodeling and setting up this "New" building

so I work 4-6 hours a day on that.

I have some pretty serious medical stuff

that makes it hard to do all this stuff
(build shelves etc.)

so things have been Good but busy and I am SORE

but its great practice to build up my strength

for possibly returning to work

i had taken time out to see alot of concerts

and to see old friends as well as take a short trip east

this very moment
I am .....
Arriving somewhere...........(not Here)

Positive vibes headed your way on the daycare!

I know what you mean about a "medical stuff." I won't go into details, but I've been diagnosed. I can no longer do the activities I once enjoyed. I'm learning the fine art of pain management - without drugs. Going for physical therapy in September - that's when my insurance will kick in. In the meantime, the exercises I've been taught have been helping. Chronic pain is a major bitch indeed. Okay enough of me.

I really hope all goes well for you. :)

YesJodi
Veteran Member

Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:16 am

I am finally checking out my old beloved Yestalk again for the first time sooooo long! Besides that I am enjoying summer, working, swimming, and going to the beach. Isn't summer the best? I wish it lasted longer!!!! Someday I will move somewhere that has the sunny warmth all year long. Hope all is well with you guys!

yesireebob

Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:42 am

Well, Jodi, Phoenix has sunny warmth all year. Right now, sunny warmth at a miserable 115. My air conditioner keeps crapping out, it was 98 in my house last night. It is 88 tonight, a little better, and the repair guy said he would have the new compressor motor tomorrow. I never look forward to summer, which lasts here basically from May through October. May and June are ok, July and August are miserable, and September is usually pretty miserable too. But late fall, winter, and early spring are great! I'll try to hang on that thought right now... Anyway, great to have you back Jodi, don't be stranger!

Roan's Lady

Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:16 pm

YesJodi wrote:I am finally checking out my old beloved Yestalk again for the first time sooooo long! Besides that I am enjoying summer, working, swimming, and going to the beach. Isn't summer the best? I wish it lasted longer!!!! Someday I will move somewhere that has the sunny warmth all year long. Hope all is well with you guys!
Jodi - it is so great to see you back here again. We've missed you!
Glad you are enjoying your summer - and you are so right about how fast it goes. But let's quick change the subject! Stay cool (what hot, humid days we've been having!) and hope to see more of you here! :)
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

Gary
Charter Member

Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:03 pm

[quote="yesireebobRight now, sunny warmth at a miserable 115. My air conditioner keeps crapping out, it was 98 in my house last night. It is 88 tonight[/QUOTE"]
95 degrees, but the heat index with the unbearable humidity makes it feel like H E double hockey sticks! Not to mention what it's doing to my hair :eek: .

Gary
Charter Member

Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:19 pm

Acquired a new position with a new company about 3 weeks ago. My last company merged with another and then moved into the other companies headquaters, which was much too far of a commute. I was offered a very nice separation package and found this new position rather quickly. So, for the next few months I'll be getting paid from two companies :D . Of course there was some anxiety about being out of work, but I just got lucky. I'm not one to believe that things happen for a reason, I just was looking at the right websites at the right time.

I get to drive to work now, which is also a plus as I get to ride the motorcycle to work :D :D :D :D :D (that deserves 5 big smiles!) No more NYC subway. No more snapping of gum, crowds, standing for an hour, listening to women speak ill of their baby-daddies, body odor, etc.

Things seem good at this new place and I'm meeting some very nice people. But, it is a corporate environment so we'll see how things go as I get more familiar. I moved up on the food chain as well, which is something that probably wouldn't have happened for quite some time at the other place. All in all I am feeling pretty lucky :icon_cool

EricBliss12345
Starship Trooper

Wow!

Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:12 am

The things you look forward to are the things I miss. I totally miss the dirty-ass Broad St. Line subway and how great it was for easily making driving non-essential. Congrats on your new position! Nothing feels better than having all kinds of extra money and freedom and I bet your super pumped. I'm glad for you.

I feel you on the hair buddy. I use the strongest, gummiest, stickiest, firmest and thickest hair wax on the planet and the shit still falls limp in the humidity, and my hair's short! Coupled with my new fat I look like shit on all fronts.

What's going on in my life? Working my mundane job, arguing with the family, swimming, hanging out with friends occasionally. Just regular old blah same ol' same ol'. Same ol' same ol' is MUCH better than bad though! I seem to get agitated and pissed really easy anymore, which kinda sucks but I'm gonna work on correcting my bad attitude as soon as I'm in a good enough mood to do it.

Good news, I've been writing a lot of music. The bad news is that theres no creative outlet for it. But that's taking away from the good news, and that's that I'm being somewhat productive with my hobby. For fucks sake I need a professional arranger though! I'm so close to trying to do the Dreamship thing and look for a collaborator to work with via internet so I don't have to deal with some schmuck face to face. I have good albums stuffed all up in me and they need out!

Gary
Charter Member

Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:14 pm

EricBliss12345 wrote:I'm glad for you.

I feel you on the hair buddy. I use the strongest, gummiest, stickiest, firmest and thickest hair wax on the planet and the shit still falls limp in the humidity, and my hair's short!

Thanks.

But....the hair thin was just a joke.

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

The Path of least resistance

Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:58 pm

I'm back(as JN said in that movie)..........

Just spent all week working hard. One day was for lots of work for nothing. Then finally today I finished up. Still not such a load of money for this project as a whole..... but, as the Buddha says: "Go with the flow, man".

Hopefully I can go to the beach on this blazer if the client doesn't call in again for more alterations, updates. Fuuuu----!!

Just got the sunscreen on my nose and ears, packed by backpack with a towel, and I am ready to go in a few minutes down to the Pacific cool and frothy for the first dip in a year. Salt water should be thereapeutic dermically and for the muscles and nasal canals, and fresh air!!

Last night had some beers and watched KEYS- cool , I love this vid. Soooooo psychedelic. Have 3 beers left, may drink em later to celebrate FRIDAY, cool day. I don't like Sundays.

There was little power blip and my computer shut down while doing some extra follow-up work today. Litlle earthquake a few days ago, rumbling like a plane . Earthquake weather, hot clear no clouds or seeminlgy no fog at coast .

Anyway, that's the haps.

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Whale Road/Beer count: 3 left over

Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:41 am

Oh well, went down to the beach. Hotter than sin inland(90degrees now in some parts of my dwelling) and a relief down there at the coast.
Lots of Junior Lifequards, herds of them, hardly could find a peaceful stretch of beach. I'm glad I didn't do that summer recreation thing when I was younger. Sounds like boot camp with all the whistles and horns and loudspeakers. I hate regiment.
Fortunately lots of hot-looking women, too. One got stung by a stingray and was soaking her foot near the main lifeguard building.
I cruised, walked rather , up to the bike strand, listening to talk radio, then back down south and jumped in the water. A little shock, then warm all around. I pounded my feet underwater to ward off the stingrays, and jumped into a broken wave. This should clear up the little red blotches on the sides of my nose and maybe help my fungi big toes.
I sat on the beach for about 20 min. Watched a 40-ish , tall ,slender wifeish-looking woman bathe in the sea while listening to some classical music on my radio. Sort of took away the initial sezzzual interest, and then I realized she was just a vapor in the winds of time, that she would only be on Earth for perhaps 50 more years, at most; and then I became more spiri'tch'ual all the sudden.
That quickly evaporated as I made my way back to the parking lot, butt watch all the way.
Now I am back home. Have a few beers in the fridge.
Man, hard to post in that main forum 'cuz everyone is so critical and protective; god, can't say anything there. Well, EXCUUUUUUUUSE Me, replyers to that post.............FBI next?
Sometimes you wonder, with so many people crowding this planet, how meaningless anybody's criticism is. Ultimately, UR on yer own.

Was wondering how Ralph's Market can offer a trip to Egypt sweepstakes -enter if you buy Coca-Cola with your Ralph's card-when that place is so dangerous. God, 35 people got blown up today.

Must be the Tut Exhibit in LA now, a promotion.
I went to that. Got free tickets and then drove for an hour. Then I waited another hour in line just to get in. Total zoo. Got to see all that cool stuff and craftsmanship up close, but sooooo many people, couldn't linger without breathing down somebody's neck. Did look down a lot of cleavages ,though.
King Tut and his entourage were just pretentious. Good art work, but What makes that young King think he's so hot? It is just propaganda for the government back then, nothing to do with "Gods" , as they so righteously declared. Bull, all religion is crap. It's just a means of controlling people and maintaining a hierarchy. Which is what the Right is doing now.
I repect people who make their own "church" & don't try to force it on others, rather than the herds of dumb, driven cattle who stuff money in the tithing bowls every Sunday.

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:02 pm

Aw, it's so good to see some are getting paid. Some are getting laid.

And Jodi is back! We've missed you!

I saw the Tut exhibit when it rolled into New Orleans the first time in the 70's. We got there about 3:00 in the morning and had to wait in line forever. It was freezing cold. But, I thought it was worth the wait. The display took my breath away. I'm going to see it again in Atlanta.

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

The Point

Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:59 pm

Which comes first? The Pay or the Lay?? I work in the hotel biz so I get to see it in all WAYS.....
I saw King Tut traveling show in Wash DC, around '77 I even inadvertingly cut in line and walked right in with no wait....also I "opened" King Tut's Tomb Museum at the Luxor Hotel in Vegas and have so much "Tut-stuff" around (lots of samples/items not used were given away to us managers) that the Crimson Room looks like "Tut's" Play room too.....Pyramid Power abounds...
Check out above and beside the Roger Dean print from the Crimson Room....Tut Stuff....lol
wild_westie wrote:Aw, it's so good to see some are getting paid. Some are getting laid.

And Jodi is back! We've missed you!

I saw the Tut exhibit when it rolled into New Orleans the first time in the 70's. We got there about 3:00 in the morning and had to wait in line forever. It was freezing cold. But, I thought it was worth the wait. The display took my breath away. I'm going to see it again in Atlanta.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hotel California

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:46 pm

Pay or lay, King Tut, it is all becoming rather irrelevant.
Now, putting the cart before the horse, especially with regards to cash flow, and the necessity of blurring out details like bank account balances and credit card statements and ...oh well, I have a perfect credit record so far...then again I never make huge purchases anyway..........
I spent about 45 min. writing checks, licking stamps, inserting withdrawls and deposits in my Excel file and calculated how much my budget will be, considering upgrades and business equipment like my new fax machine, and ..
I'm tired. I need an upper mid class woman who likes YES and can help me on my path to glory :jestera:
She gets my fabulous body and I get a trailer

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Enlightenment in the void

Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:11 am

Here's a good quote:
BILL MOYERS: Do you ever have the sense of... being helped by hidden hands?
JOSEPH CAMPBELL:
All the time. It is miraculous. I even have a superstition that has grown on me as a result of invisible hands coming all the time - namely, that if you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in your field of bliss, and they open doors to you. I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be.