At This Moment...What's Happening In Your Life?

Feel like discussing other things with your YEStalk friends? Speak your mind in our off-topic YEStalk section.
Roan's Lady

Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:06 pm

Resting, testing, digesting.
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Beans don't cause flatulence; people do

Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:15 pm

Had several bowls of killer navy bean soup yesterday.

It's5:15 am Monday. Got up and went outside to get the paper. No cars, no city lights, just silence and the sky and the ocean a few miles down the hill. It felt like being on another planet looking up at the constellations. Totally pristine. Maybe I should always wake up this early. I think I had extra terrestrial contact in the past.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Gone with the Wind as Beans

Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:55 am

The best part of the day was at 4:30 am, and with a clear view of the vault of heaven , so clear even the tiniest falling star could be spotted.

Then the god of the dawn denigrated himself and all was Internet job searching and dealing with unnecessary emails from clients in the hustle and bustle of an overcrowded market.

I still had gas from the bean soup but took a shower and went to Starbuck's and had a Greenglade ice tea and a low-fat rasberry muffin and read a progressive rock magazine and watched the mournful sea approaching darker days; and there was one good-looking chick but she faced away and I ogled the curve of her lowrider jean-fitted back through my dark 50's style sunglasses. She was probably waiting for the disembodied voice on her f--kin cell phone while real life passed her by, namely a chance encounter with the handsome and illustrious Greenglade himself.
Two Asian ladies chattered like birds and tried to put up the patio umbrella, then gave up and went to the Sub shop and I lit a crappy bitter cigarette but felt good because I was reading an article about Planet X, who I haven't heard, but who impressed me as being somewhat interesting.
Then I went and bought $10 of gas from the gas station where I buy beer and cigs occassionally.
Then I came home and avoided the bean soup. I went to the library and felt like a giant stomping around in my hiking boots and got The Source(about Israel) by James Michener and cd Friday NIght in San Francisco(Dimeola, Paco de Lucia, John McGlaghlin guitar trio who rip and whom I saw at the Hollywood Bowl in the 80's).
Then I came how and stuffed my face with chicken and rice

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:44 am

Green Day/Third Eye Blind.....looks like :rolleyes:
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:09 pm

I can't get no respect!

tardistraveler

Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:27 pm

ATM: Signing on to a "webcast" here at work - stuck listening to it for an hour . . . see y'all later!

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:34 pm

Getting my five year old daughter dressed up as "Sleeping Beauty" so she can attend an afternoon tea for 6-7 other five year olds....Maybe they'll be some wicked witches there too.....
Hotel California

tardistraveler

Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:20 pm

ATM: About to head to a doctor's appointment - then home for some massive cleaning - I have my nephew as a "slave" for the weekend! LOL

Roan's Lady

Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:17 pm

tardistraveler wrote:ATM: About to head to a doctor's appointment - then home for some massive cleaning - I have my nephew as a "slave" for the weekend! LOL

Hey Diane, glad your nephew is there helping you out. It feels so good to have a clean house! Hope you're feeling better today, too.
Right now I'm still in my overnight garb, thinking about what to do today with and without the men in my life (I still need to get them some presents on the sly). Think I'll grab some coffee - that always helps me think more clearly. :)

~moon safari

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:40 pm

NP: Selling England by the Pound-Genesis..."along the forest road.."
Music seems to fit the cooler weather.

Yesterday worked out first part of "Mediterranean Sundance" off Friday Night in San Francisco-Al DiMeola, John McGlaughlin, Paco de Lucia. Used guitar tab. It's hard to pick that fast. I hold the pick in my mouth until the beginning lick sequence. Don't like hybrid picking anymore.

Other than that, pretty boring day.

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:49 am

Watched an "interesting" movie on IFC/Sundance
"Invisible Circus" with Cameron Diaz, set partly in 1969.....
Deja Vu......for me anyway.....kaboom, Power To The People, etc... ;)
Hotel California

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:04 pm

Watched "Born on the 4th of July" last night on AMC.
So, what are we doing now?

NP yesterday: Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:06 pm

I'm still in recovery mode. I'm glad that my work doesn't demand physical effort. I can't go to Texas for Christmas because my health is still on the edge at this time. This is okay because I'm actually very pissed off at my father at this time. So there daddy dearest! And how is your holiday season coming along?

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:23 pm

I'm sorry about the above negative post. I do wish you all the best this time of year. :)

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:08 pm

Ahhh, it's therapy time for Westie. I've really tried to be tolerant with my father. I do love him. He's just so damned negative all of the time. He's bashing every member of our family and it's really getting on my nerves. I'm a very loving person. However, I can only take so much. Rant off. :)

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Greenglade Freedom Boat

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:32 am

Yeah, a little self-indulgent to dwell in the past but....
Here's venerable Greenglade at Emerald Bay, Catalina Island, off California around '81-'83.
Moored the mother boat near the cliffs. 100 ft visibility underwater. Large orange Garibaldi fish and big green opaleye, calico bass, kelp fish and rocks and kelpbeds and a gnarly volcanic rock cliff to jump off....
Those were the days...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Roan's Lady

Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:43 am

wild_westie wrote:Ahhh, it's therapy time for Westie. I've really tried to be tolerant with my father. I do love him. He's just so damned negative all of the time. He's bashing every member of our family and it's really getting on my nerves. I'm a very loving person. However, I can only take so much. Rant off. :)

The Doctor is in. Put your feet up and relax on the couch, Jodi. Do you think your father's being ill could cause him to behave the way he does? It'd be hard to believe that he actually meant the negative things he's saying. People are often the toughest on those they love the most and feel the safest with, especially if they're hurting. I hope things improve soon with him, and you and your family can enjoy Christmas - good luck, Jodi.
~moon safari

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:38 am

When my father became terminally ill (liver cancer) he went thru several different moods, temperments, mental fluxes, etc...Just put yourself in their shoes...they're scared, hurting, pissed off, disappointed and just sometimes plain chemically imbalanced by all the bad stuff coming down on them so don't take anything your dad does "personally"....he's just not himself and may never be again......When I went to "clean out" the hospice room where my dad choose to spend his last few months I found my last "Father's Dad" card and present to him unopened and ignored as he was "mad" at me for not sending something to him at the hospice that was against their rules but still it made him very angry at me.....you just remember them as they are under normal circumstances....Hope your dad gets better and you don't have to deal with this again.....
Hotel California

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:28 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:The Doctor is in. Put your feet up and relax on the couch, Jodi. Do you think your father's being ill could cause him to behave the way he does? It'd be hard to believe that he actually meant the negative things he's saying. People are often the toughest on those they love the most and feel the safest with, especially if they're hurting. I hope things improve soon with him, and you and your family can enjoy Christmas - good luck, Jodi.

Thank you Amy. He's always had a mean streak. I do suppose that it's because of his illness. I think he knows the time is near. However, he's becoming malicious. He hurt my feelings badly when he talked with me while I was in the hospital a few weeks ago. I talked with him last night and he was quite mean spirited again. I told him that I didn't appreciate the way he's been acting towards me and that he's hurting my feelings. I said, "Stop being so mean! Why must you do this?" He backed down and said that he was teasing me. Well, this simply isn't true. He did switch gears and the conversation was better. We hung up on a good note. I'll just continue what I always do ~ meditate the negative energy away. Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my posts. I appreciate this immensely. :)

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:30 pm

tribute1969 wrote:When my father became terminally ill (liver cancer) he went thru several different moods, temperments, mental fluxes, etc...Just put yourself in their shoes...they're scared, hurting, pissed off, disappointed and just sometimes plain chemically imbalanced by all the bad stuff coming down on them so don't take anything your dad does "personally"....he's just not himself and may never be again......When I went to "clean out" the hospice room where my dad choose to spend his last few months I found my last "Father's Dad" card and present to him unopened and ignored as he was "mad" at me for not sending something to him at the hospice that was against their rules but still it made him very angry at me.....you just remember them as they are under normal circumstances....Hope your dad gets better and you don't have to deal with this again.....

This is truly sad Nolan. :(

Roan's Lady

Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:33 pm

wild_westie wrote: We hung up on a good note. I'll just continue what I always do ~ meditate the negative energy away. Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my posts. I appreciate this immensely. :)

You're welcome, Jodi. :) Let that good note ring out. And you do seem to have a way to manage the negative things in your life with grace and fortitude - at least I see that from where I'm sitting. Hang in there - I just have a feeling things will get better.

Hm, at this moment, very tired and annoyed at some work-related situations, and I'm beginning to feel the first tendrils of stress related to my son's Bar Mitzvah, which isn't until next October - but preparations must get underway now. Dealing with a few entertainment companies whose people I don't entirely trust, and what they want to sell me, I am suspicious of - it's my OH YEAH? PROVE IT nature...but we have to choose someone soon or they'll start becoming unavailable on our date - brother...much ado about something that should be much simpler, and certainly with emphasis on the spiritual nature of the affair. We may end up scratching the wedding-like plans and just having a small party at a restaurant and a few stilleto-heeled dancing girls for my son and his friends.
:rolleyes: :D
~moon safari

perpetualchanger
Starship Trooper

Yummy!

Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:51 pm

Right now I'm sitting on my butt, eating nacho cheese chips with salsa verde and reaching for the tissues about every other chip. Life is HOT! :-)

I am no longer a deputy sheriff for reasons best not discussed in public. It was my decision but my hand was definitely forced and I had no choice but to play that hand in the manner that would work best for me, and not for the people forcing my decision. So I am now working as an inmate records clerk at the jail and my former unit struggles on without enough help. Dangerous situation in a courthouse if you ask me, but nobody asked me so I left.

Recently my husband and I started selling motorcycle accessories online, and we've now expanded into the retail storefront arena. Someday, this will be my full-time job! Check out http://www.leocycleaccessories.com for our eBay store, and http://www.therideidea.com for the online store affiliated with my retail store.

Other than that, not much going on. I'm trying to decide if I need to hit the hot tub or if I should do some yoga first. I'm feeling lazy. Hot tub sounds good. [:idr]
Michele Hriciso
My personal site:
http://www.bikerbitchblog.com

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:57 am

I say hire Trevor Rabin and Leslie West to play your son's Bar Mitzvah with Adam Sandler being the MC.....
Roan's Lady wrote:You're welcome, Jodi. :) Let that good note ring out. And you do seem to have a way to manage the negative things in your life with grace and fortitude - at least I see that from where I'm sitting. Hang in there - I just have a feeling things will get better.

Hm, at this moment, very tired and annoyed at some work-related situations, and I'm beginning to feel the first tendrils of stress related to my son's Bar Mitzvah, which isn't until next October - but preparations must get underway now. Dealing with a few entertainment companies whose people I don't entirely trust, and what they want to sell me, I am suspicious of - it's my OH YEAH? PROVE IT nature...but we have to choose someone soon or they'll start becoming unavailable on our date - brother...much ado about something that should be much simpler, and certainly with emphasis on the spiritual nature of the affair. We may end up scratching the wedding-like plans and just having a small party at a restaurant and a few stilleto-heeled dancing girls for my son and his friends.
:rolleyes: :D
Hotel California

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:16 am

I went to my friend's Bar Mitzvah at the Temple Menora L.A. in like '75-'76.

As we were entering the building, he said "Dude, Look Jewish, look Jewish!!", and I just stood there dumbfounded, not knowing what to do :confused:

After a long sermon by the Rabbi, exhorting my friend "L" to be a good man , and to avoid drugs and other vices, the party began, and our guitar wizard friend "P" played rockin' loud Hendrix and Jonny B. Good with his back to the audience. "P" hadn't washed his hair, and it hung in long, straight, greasy "plaques" as he wailed away on electric.

Then "L" pointed to one of the girls dancing and described in detail his gettin' to third base with her. It was his divorced mom's boyfriend's daughter. Later, "P" and "L" and went out and had a joint beside the temple.

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:26 am

My high school girlfriend happened to be Jewish, but more importantly she loved the same kid of music I did and was a cheerleader to boot, but I digress..
After dating her for a few years I became knowledable enough about the Jewish faith (and I looked Jewish enough) to the point I showed up as a worker at a Baptist run summer camp pretending to be "Jewish..."just to yank their chain".....How could a nice Jewish boy be hired at a "christian camp"..???? Definitely caused some confusion and it got me out of mandatory Sunday church services!!!
Hotel California

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:40 am

I was always terrified that year and a half after my baptism at the local Methodist church. It always seemed like a funeral parlor or something. I was only turning 5.

Then they had a new substitute minister , who was black. The congregation couldn't handle it and became uncomfortable. My dad thought the brethren were hypocritical racists, so that's when we split the church for good.

In the early 80's, during a brief born-again phase, I went to this local preppy church. Within a year, one of the girls in my youth group got pregnant out of wedlock...with a non-believer!!!!

I went to a Christian weekend retreat in the San Bernadino mountains with this group. There the minister during his sermon wrestled with themes like what Paul said about marriage: "better to marry than to burn", and "it is better not to marry".

He also reasoned that it was hypocritical for Christians to have BMW's, but about 1/3 of the families at that church did have BMW's. It was the 80's.

I had a crush on one chick at that retreat who was studying at Harvard. She couldn't agree the anti-rich Christian message of Pastor John and said she could never give up her nice sweaters and stuff.

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Surf's Up!

Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:46 pm

Spent much of the day watching the big waves and surfers. There were 100's of people lining the cliffs.

This is what it looked like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Update

Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:32 pm

Things are bright and happy on the homefront. I had a very long talk with my father the other day and was successful in clearing up our issues. He's apologized many times over. My aunt, who has never confronted him, finally had a talk with him as well. It was really getting that bad. My sister is now visiting him for Christmas. I talked with them last night and they're having a wonderful time. I'll have my Christmas with him when I visit in January. And so it goes...

Kalingzeye

Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:43 pm

AllRIGHT! I'm very pleased right now... I got accepted to my first (and first choice) college! The Academy of Art University in San Fransisco!!!! :D Woooooooooo!!! Oh joy! If I go there, (which I really really really wanna do), I'll be going for a BFA in 2D animation. :p

Roan's Lady

Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:56 am

Hey, great news Jodi and Kalingzeye - glad things are working out!! :)
~moon safari