religion is too obvious

Feel like discussing other things with your YEStalk friends? Speak your mind in our off-topic YEStalk section.
YEStalk Archives
Veteran Member

religion is too obvious

Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:17 pm

<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">03-02-2004 03:26 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> religion is too obvious

For me, religion is a personal thing. Not something anyone can hand down what one is supposed to believe. I went the route of christian theology for many years, but found that jesus wanted me to connect with all the other religions and philosophies and sciences as well. I became one with the universe, but then I had to live with lots of contradictions. So I had to throw out everything I thought I knew and find the basics. I literally started from the beginning, meaning I AM.
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">psychopomp95</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">03-05-2004 03:14 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> Agreed, Jack. Finding God is something that's up to each individual person... that's not to say I think it has to be ENTIRELY solitary, but it is definitely something that one must, basically, figure out for themselves.

But then, the tendency of humanity IS to follow in someone's footsteps rather than to make our own... I guess it's only inevitable that so many people would look to others' beliefs when forming their own!
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">03-05-2004 09:35 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> Well, it’s certainly not a bad thing. For sure all or almost all of my beliefs are handed down. People share whatever works for them. Christianity, Buddhism, Taoism, Islam, Science, different philosophies, etc. etc. etc. all work well for the people that choose to stay with them. In all of the above examples there are people who have tried and found the religion/philosphy lacking, as well. That doesn’t mean the religion/science is lacking, but only that person didn’t find the fulfillment that they are looking for in that single belief.

In the bible, Jesus is purported to say that ‘in my Father’s kingdom are many mansions’. This makes the most sense to me when I think of God being Everything. These many mansions are all the various wonderful religions, philosophies, realms of Science or whatever that God/the universe creates. I’ve looked at many a religion and I’ve looked at many varieties of Science and I can see lots of similarities to all of them. One similarity is the placebo effect. Belief generates miracles. Belief helps people to exercise their mental abilities to be happy and healthy-generating. Our mind is without boundaries as to the magic we can create. I am so thankful to be alive. And it is so exciting to be learning. And it is so awesome to connect with people in the powerful presence of love. The only limits to finding the Kingdom are in our own mind, because It exists right now if you can train yourself to see It. We don’t even need to try, we are One.
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">03-13-2004 10:15 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> It's true.

Of course, I might be wrong. :shock : It's been recently exposed to me the fallacies in my beliefs. Life is just too big of a mystery to understand. :spank :
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">Roan's Lady</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">03-14-2004 01:44 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%"> <tbody><tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="bottom" width="75"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="50"> <tbody><tr> <td class="smallfont" valign="top" width="28"> Image</td> <td class="smallfont" style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quote-bg.gif); background-position: center;" valign="middle" width="100%"> Quote:</td> <td class="smallfont" valign="top"> Image</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-lr-bg.gif);" align="left" valign="bottom">
</td> <td align="left" valign="bottom" width="0"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200"> <tbody><tr> <td class="smallfont" valign="top"> Image</td> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-bye-bg.gif);" align="left" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle" width="100%"> Originally Posted by jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" valign="top"> Image</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td align="right" valign="bottom" width="100%"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td width="100%"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-top-bg.gif);" valign="middle" width="100%">
</td> <td class="smallfont" align="left" valign="top"> Image</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quoting-left.gif);" width="10">
</td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="100%">
</td> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quoting-right.gif);" width="10">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-left-bg.gif);" width="10">
</td> <td class="smallfont" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="100%"> Of course, I might be wrong. :shock : It's been recently exposed to me the fallacies in my beliefs. Life is just too big of a mystery to understand. :spank : </td> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-right-bg.gif);" width="10">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="bottom" width="10"> Image</td> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-bot-bg.gif);" width="100%">
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="10"> Image</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

jackalz, the "fallacies" in your beliefs, which seem firmly rooted, have been exposed to you in the last ten days? Can you explain that? I'm finding your posts interesting, and I agree with much of what you have written. I am going through a period in my life where I am seriously questioning the religious beliefs put upon me as I was raised...it's taken me almost 40 years to question, can you believe that?
Anyway, I'm curious to know what these fallacies you speak of are all about. Thanks - and I'm also in agreement with you about life - a very big mystery. Sometimes I feel I need to rip it apart, then figure out a way to put it back together again...sigh...
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">03-15-2004 12:49 AM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> Roan’s Lady,

Can you hear N2Yes (and half the YT board) groaning? Noooooo, don’t encourage jack to talk about life, the universe and everything. LOL It’s my favorite subject.

No, it’s not in the last ten days that this has happened. It’s cyclic, meaning that sometimes I look at reality as logical, because it’s really helpful for making survival decisions. But then I look at all the zillion assumptions that I’m basing that logic on and because I refuse to be deluded by my own wisdom (for lack of a better word) I blast it away. I thank the zen koan and other sources for that ability. Life is just plain too unpredictable. Yet, then I start over. “Beginning is one place I’ve been before.” This is not a belief system for everyone, but it where my experience has taken me.

Does that answer your question?

A lot of my beliefs are geared toward making concrete decisions to better my life. I spend a lot of time exercising and meditating and nourishing myself in order to have my temple or physical body as healthy as I possibly can. Because I believe (when in belief mode) that the physical is almost completely fused with the spiritual. But I might be wrong.
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">Relayer</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">03-15-2004 03:31 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> Hi Jackalz

Speaking for myself, I enjoy reading you're posts, I wish everyone could be as open and honest and human.

Relayer
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">Relayer</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">03-15-2004 03:34 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> Hi Jackalz

of course I meant your instead of you're, sorry about that, it's been a long day.
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">03-15-2004 07:30 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%"> <tbody><tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="bottom" width="75"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="50"> <tbody><tr> <td class="smallfont" valign="top" width="28"> Image</td> <td class="smallfont" style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quote-bg.gif); background-position: center;" valign="middle" width="100%"> Quote:</td> <td class="smallfont" valign="top"> Image</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-lr-bg.gif);" align="left" valign="bottom">
</td> <td align="left" valign="bottom" width="0"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200"> <tbody><tr> <td class="smallfont" valign="top"> Image</td> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-bye-bg.gif);" align="left" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle" width="100%"> Originally Posted by Relayer</td> <td class="smallfont" valign="top"> Image</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td align="right" valign="bottom" width="100%"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td width="100%"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-top-bg.gif);" valign="middle" width="100%">
</td> <td class="smallfont" align="left" valign="top"> Image</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quoting-left.gif);" width="10">
</td> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quoting-right.gif);" width="10">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-left-bg.gif);" width="10">
</td> <td class="smallfont" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="100%"> of course I meant your instead of you're, sorry about that, it's been a long day. </td> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-right-bg.gif);" width="10">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="bottom" width="10"> Image</td> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-bot-bg.gif);" width="100%">
</td> <td valign="bottom" width="10"> Image</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
:spank :
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">03-15-2004 10:17 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> As you can see, I don't take to compliments very well. But boy that spanking guy is relentless. LOL

I'm glad you appreciate the words, thoughts and intent behind my stuff, but I'd rather you make an attempt to add something. A quick summary about where you are at, or something. But I understand the wisdom of silence as well. Since lot's of times conversations of this sort, with the best of intentions, find ways to get heated up real quick.
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">03-23-2004 10:19 AM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> movin' on

I believe (when in belief mode) that we have unlimited potential, even to eternal life starting now and in this temple, the physical body. If the Spirit is with someone and wishes it to be so, anything is possible. Greater works than what Jesus did, if we can believe what Jesus said. Greater works? Hmmm.

:eek:
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">03-26-2004 04:02 AM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> meditation

I find that the more I take control of my thinking the more I start thinking like how I control it. It's a slow but steady growth. It's a little like weight-lifting. So I learned through various source to make my own mantra. This is how it has currently evolved. If anyone were to try this, I would advise them to find there own words that have deep meaning to them, write them down and meditate on them whenever they can. I have them written in my car. Meditation doesn't have to be done in the lotus position with eyes closed. However the more actual intent you can give the meditation the better the results. Anyway here are my words.

Complete As It Is

Relaxing Vibrant Health Energy

Infinite Unconditional Respectful Love

Thankful Joyful Playful Sober Freedom
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">N2yes</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">03-28-2004 09:55 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%"> <tbody><tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="bottom" width="75"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="50"> <tbody><tr> <td class="smallfont" valign="top" width="28"> Image</td> <td class="smallfont" style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quote-bg.gif); background-position: center;" valign="middle" width="100%"> Quote:</td> <td class="smallfont" valign="top"> Image</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-lr-bg.gif);" align="left" valign="bottom">
</td> <td align="left" valign="bottom" width="0"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200"> <tbody><tr> <td class="smallfont" valign="top"> Image</td> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-bye-bg.gif);" align="left" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle" width="100%"> Originally Posted by jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" valign="top"> Image</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td align="right" valign="bottom" width="100%"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td width="100%"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-top-bg.gif);" valign="middle" width="100%">
</td> <td class="smallfont" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="100%"> Roan’s Lady,

Can you hear N2Yes (and half the YT board) groaning? Noooooo, don’t encourage jack to talk about life, the universe and everything. LOL It’s my favorite subject.
</td> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-right-bg.gif);" width="10">

I can't imagine why I would ever say that, Jack, especially now that we have a special board explicitly for that purpose among others. I'll engage you anytime regarding said topic. It happens to be one of my favs as well.
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">03-29-2004 09:51 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> welcome

Wonderful, feel free to respond to any of the previous statements. Or post something new. :idr:
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">04-11-2004 10:49 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> another meditation

A friend of mine wrote recently, “because I don't know how to learn any more than I already know. I decided I'd just follow any clues I found and try to keep an open mind.”

So I’ve been doing meditations that are very simple. One is circular awareness with the blood, the nerves, and the muscles in a relaxation spiral. I find one small or large area that I know I can relax, usually the belly. I relax it and as I relax it, I feel the muscles relax. The muscles relaxing have a natural effect of letting blood flow more freely. The blood flowing freely brings the oxygen and other nutrients to the muscles and nerves more efficiently. The nerves with extra oxygen and nutrients and less tension become more alive and able to feel the various things nerves are meant to feel. So the nerves become more aware of where other tense areas of the body are and they send signals to those areas to relax more. Sometimes I’m able to relax those areas right away and sometimes other areas need to find this release in order for another area to be able to release. So my goal is not to immediately relax, but to slowly by degrees relax whatever is ready to relax. Once the process is started, it continues as long as I focus on it, and I think it continues unconsciously as well. Anyway, the areas I really like to release at are the jaw, the neck, the heart, the pelvis. Eventually, I find the organs start to release as well, and when that happens a very real healing takes place.
:idr:
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">04-16-2004 07:46 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> more love

My religion is based on the point in the bible when Jesus is asked about the law. Jesus purportedly replies ( I say purportedly because the new testament was written many years after the fact) that (and I paraphrase) love God with all your heart, body and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself, and therefore love yourself. In that is the totality of my religion. I’ve renamed this reality called love into Infinite Unconditional Respectful Love, because even though it just means love, it clarifies what love really is, IMO. The love that Jesus had went beyond conditions and only that love (or the constant attempt to reach that love) will earn God’s respect, IMO. God accepts us as we are, yet God teaches those who want to better themselves that becoming more and more attuned with the IURL is what will make us find satisfaction in God’s eyes, and therefore in our own eyes as well, IMO.

We can do that with or without belief in any stories, and I do. That is my one intent, to remove the conditions to my love, and to love like God loves, like the sun in all directions simultaneously and so powerfully that it can be seen for thousands of light years. I have many lessons to learn.

<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">04-21-2004 06:06 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> more ore

I don’t know why I keep talkin’ to myself in here – ere – ere – ere – ere.

Anyway, : ) and so… I am determined to take my reality and so-called belief system to the limits. About ten years ago, I was so depressed that I was serious about killing myself. But God wouldn’t let me, the Bastard/Bitch. So now I have to make my life something worth living, since I can’t kill myself. So I have nothing to lose, and depending on how I look at, it everything to gain.

So I’m taking an Anthony-Robbins-type approach to making my life exactly how I want it. God seems to be blessing my efforts. And my life is steadily increasing in meaning, day by day, as I slowly (at first, but accelerating) learn how to take control of what is available to me to change (which is also an increasing quantity). I might be deceiving myself, but that doesn’t seem to matter, as long as my love for God and my neighbor and myself is my first focus. :luv:

:fish1a:
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">Chris</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">04-30-2004 11:31 AM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> No Religion

Really Jack, unless you're planning to recruit followers to your specific set of beliefs, I don't think you can classify this as a Religion.

Religion it seems to me is the answer to those who cannot find answers for themselves.

From my point of view I'm reasonably arrogant enough to imagine I can think pretty well. But my rationale tells me that if there is something that either/or created/encompasses everything in the universe, I've about as much chance of understanding that as a microbe has of grasping the Theory of Relativity.

I do believe everything is connected and that on some level we're all interdependant - it just seems self-evident. Anything more than this staggeringly nebulous concept is beyond my power of deduction and it would be hubristic to go much further.

I'm relatively comfortable with this - I don't think it is within my present state of existence to be afforded further insight.

I could change of course; and it is within the power of all of us to create our own realities - all that is required is to accept an idea as the truth and convince ourselves we know it. Perhaps billions are doing that very thing now and to a degree we all let some things in as a matter of convenience (we need a working framework for our existence, after all).

The trouble starts when we begin to impose our structures on others - "faith" doesn't easily suffer contradictions after all.

We are here to share our insights (we'd be just as well skipping the bit between womb and earth otherwise), but the world would be a calmer place if we were grown up enough to realise they can only be completely ours alone.
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">05-02-2004 01:53 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> religion! dammit. : )

Chris, thanks for stopping by. Well, yes I can classify this as a Religion, but I won’t ask you to do so. Religion has always, IMO, started out as an answer to and for the individual who seeks it. Then as he or she grows from it, eventually other people are drawn to the power. The original (non)followers, also find their own answers for themselves and grow. Then on and on, new (non)followers find something of worth in the sharing. On and on, as long as the belief yields results, people keep being drawn to it.

It seems, from what I see, that you have a dismissal attitude about followers, like they give up their personal will to follow. But I don’t think it is so. We find answers for ourselves no matter who we follow or don’t follow. We make sacred choices each moment, whether we realize it or not.

I don’t have a problem believing that a microbe can find the answers to the theory of relativity or any other of the more ‘current’ worldviews. In fact in their timeframe, it is just as likely that they are more advanced, or at least they think so. : )

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%"> <tbody><tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="bottom" width="75"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="50"> <tbody><tr> <td class="smallfont" valign="top" width="28"> Image</td> <td class="smallfont" style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quote-bg.gif); background-position: center;" valign="middle" width="100%"> Quote:</td> <td class="smallfont" valign="top"> Image</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-lr-bg.gif);" align="left" valign="bottom">
</td> <td align="right" valign="bottom" width="100%"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td width="100%"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-top-bg.gif);" valign="middle" width="100%">
</td> <td class="smallfont" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="100%"> I'm relatively comfortable with this - I don't think it is within my present state of existence to be afforded further insight. </td> <td style="background-image: url(images/misc/quotes/quot-right-bg.gif);" width="10">

If you believe this, then you see no need to be afforded further insight. But if you want further insight it is there to be seen. It is fine with me if you don’t care to pursue any further, because there probably isn’t all that much to be gained. If you are relatively comfortable, that is all you will find (at best) anyway, if you seek. The journey is the destination, so why not make the destination a working ability to live (((NOW))), which it seems that is what you are doing.

I think we are here to do so much more than share our insights. We are here to make the very best of our lives, or at least try and learn, and improve. I really think that we have untapped ability to make heaven right now. So that is what I think when in belief mode. But I’m not always in belief mode. Sometimes I don’t believe anything, or rather I believe that I don’t believe anything. : P

So there is no trouble, unless you want to view it as such. I’m working to clear this notion that anything is trouble, but it means that one (maybe me) needs to lose the ego or self-importance, which appears as contrary to survival, at times (but then again, it doesn’t). The most effective tool for me for doing this is meditation on the reality of infinite unconditional respectful love, or christ. The words point to that awesome reality and that reality heals without regard for which story you believe. It’s not for everybody, though.
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">06-21-2004 10:28 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> apology

Oops, sorry N2, chris, I thought that thread was a more general thread where anyone should share a picture of their new amazing relationship. I was wondering why you thought the thread was over, but that explains it.

And Dahni, congratulations foremost on claiming your freedom from that old petty tyrant. Good luck with you new life.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">06-21-2004 10:38 PM</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <hr> more on my religion : )

Wild westie,

Here’s a goofball joke.

Why did the prostitute leave the leper colony?

Business was falling off.

What did the last customer say to the prostitute as he was leaving?

Keep the tip.

Ewwwww!!!! Now you can see why I hold back. lol :evil: