I've Been Quite Sick!

Feel like discussing other things with your YEStalk friends? Speak your mind in our off-topic YEStalk section.
Roan's Lady

I've Been Quite Sick!

Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:17 pm

Which accounts for my absence here as of late. I'm (hopefully) just beginning to get over the most horrible cold I ever had. I'll spare you the gory details. But it has knocked me for a loop. This afternoon is the first time since last Tuesday I've had enough energy to type a little bit on a computer. I just wanted to make everyone reading aware of this, in case anyone was wondering.
I expect to be around a little more with each passing day. I know the place is in good hands - thank you, good hands. :)
Take care all, see you again soon.
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

Thoughtbecontact
Veteran Member

Re: I've Been Quite Sick!

Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:44 pm

Amy, I am truly sorry that you felt so awful. I have been there with colds, believe me. When I was a child, both my parents smoked. I was often sick. I would get a cold, and be non-functional for about a day-and-a-half. After I moved out it was better, but then again, you had people at work who smoked (think newspapers and advertising/PR agencies. There was no way around that. To top it off, I have allergies to molds and dust, which have lessened over the years, but not disappeared completely. Those of us afflicted with allergies, often have colds which are much wrose than average. My eyes often swell and I cant' stop sneezing. In short, I'm often miserable when I have a cold, and this is probably bad, but I still keep working when others don't because I'm simply used to feeling so awful when I am sick.

I've noticed over the last year or so that you seem to be afflicted with worse-than-normal colds, too. I empathize with you, girl. Hope you're on the mend now.
AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH

N2yes
Starship Trooper

Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:07 am

I certainly hope you are feeling much better, well, at least some better, Amy! All is good here. Colds are the pits...thank goodness it wasn't the flu.
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"

Kalingzeye

Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:25 am

I saw on your MySpace that you weren't, feeling well and figured you were resting up, which is a good thing you did. I hope you feel all-better soon, Amy! :o Bein sick sure does suck.

YesFan01

Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:32 am

Poor Amy, sorry to hear it....if you were that weak, ran a fever, had body aches you probably had the flu...and it is usually about 5 days until you feel yourself again. I had it once about 10 years ago, knocked me out for 6 days, I really couldn't beleive it. Makes you realize tho, how valuable good health is, and how blessed we are who have it. Get well, and chat to me about the Yes Tour this year girl.

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Hey Amy-Sorry to hear yoru feeling ill!
God knows I can relate
Beyond repeating what others have allready said I just hope you turn the corner soon
we certinly miss you
Feel Better soon!!!!
Chris

SoUtHsIdEoFtHeSkY
Veteran Member

Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:38 am

hope you feel better soon Amy! I caught the nastiest cold the night that bids for my sorority went out, which was about 3 weeks ago now and i'm just now getting over it. i had and still have a lovely cough, and i lost my voice last friday and i'm glad it came back because we have to learn and sing a lot of songs. playing ultimate frisbee for me out in the cold rainy weather in shorts was not really something that helped, that goes for all 9 of us who played on friday. I think in general there is something going around and it is not fun so i kind of know how you are feeling.
TBS-BH MURPHY'S LAW SP08 #1 "Maverick"
"Were we ever colder on that day a million miles away
It seemed from all of eternity" [}:)]

I <3 My Big Bro Andrew & My Big Sis Erin more than they will ever know!!!!!!:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tardistraveler

Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:09 pm

Hope you're feeling MUCH better soon, Amy!

There's been some crap going around Nashville too . . . I've been working hard to stay well . . .

Roan's Lady

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:18 pm

Thanks so much for your good wishes, everyone -they really do cheer me in the midst of this dreadful cold, which is still keeping me home. Still coughing a lot and I've lost my voice. My nose is host (hostess?) to all sorts of unmentionable secretions, and - I think I'll just leave it at that. :icon_ded The good news is that I can now taste and smell things again - this morning, I had some orange juice, and it was the nectar of the gods...well, good to see this place chugging along. Hope everyone has a great day!
~moon safari

Thoughtbecontact
Veteran Member

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:35 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:Thanks so much for your good wishes, everyone -they really do cheer me in the midst of this dreadful cold, which is still keeping me home. Still coughing a lot and I've lost my voice. My nose is host (hostess?) to all sorts of unmentionable secretions, and - I think I'll just leave it at that. :icon_ded The good news is that I can now taste and smell things again - this morning, I had some orange juice, and it was the nectar of the gods...well, good to see this place chugging along. Hope everyone has a great day!

(((((())))))))

Thank God for virtual hugs. Glad you're starting to mend!
AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH

Roan's Lady

Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:44 pm

Thoughtbecontact wrote:(((((())))))))

Thank God for virtual hugs. Glad you're starting to mend!

I felt that virtual hug, Arlene! Thank you! :) :)
~moon safari

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:33 am

Roan's Lady wrote:I felt that virtual hug, Arlene! Thank you! :) :)

((((((()))))))
hurry back !someone has to shut me up soon!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am having diahrea of the mouth and your my pepto-bismal

N2yes
Starship Trooper

Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:04 am

A-ha! So the recovery process is in full swing! Good for you, Amy! Now, drink some more orange juice! Vitamin C---the true cold-killer ( well, usually ).
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:19 am

I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!?...lol (Crap going around Nashville...)
YES, I have had the "crud" for two-three weeks...
NO fun AMY!! Glad you're better....

Yesterday I too finally went to my doctor because my "hearing" was starting
to go out....THAT had not happened in years and as we know, WE Love When They Play...and I love to listen!!
So I'm now taking 875MG of AMOXICLN/CLAV for 14 days and spraying a steroid, Flutticasone Propionate in both nostrils twice daily....FUN
my nose is getting larger and larger.... :eek:

tardistraveler wrote:Hope you're feeling MUCH better soon, Amy!

There's been some crap going around Nashville too . . . I've been working hard to stay well . . .
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

Roan's Lady

Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:02 pm

Well, I should be back to work tomorrow. Man - this thing has been the pits.
Would not wish it on anyone. If this was bad, the flu must be a killer. (I can't remember ever having it.)
Thanks again for the cheery thoughts, everyone. Off to buy a gallon-size jar of Purell for school!!
~moon safari

Tomfoolery

Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Glad you're feeling better, Amy... just now read this thread (haven't signed in for a few days)... being "on the mend" isn't as good as "mended", but it's sure a positive thing!!
"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"

Roan's Lady

Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:58 am

Tomfoolery wrote:Glad you're feeling better, Amy... just now read this thread (haven't signed in for a few days)... being "on the mend" isn't as good as "mended", but it's sure a positive thing!!

Thanks, Dean! Yeah, getting there...I went back to work today - pretty hectic, and my voice was but a rasp - but it was good to be back. I missed the lil' punkins. :)
~moon safari

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:45 am

Roan's Lady wrote:Thanks, Dean! Yeah, getting there...I went back to work today - pretty hectic, and my voice was but a rasp - but it was good to be back. I missed the lil' punkins. :)

Thats the sign of a good teacher!Mine allways seemed to have a chip on their shoulder and hated little long haired punks named chris-but the ones that really liked me and took time with me left a lasting positive impression-my college teachers were all pretty cool though
I still have RED pen syndrome I would proudly turn in a report and hand it to my english teacher with a big smile and then get it back with a D and covered in spelling corrections in RED (kind of reminds me of....oh nevermind) thankfully the electronics teachers were all math bugs and didn't care much about spelling and grammer as long as you got the formulas right-I wonder what ever got me to writing my thoughts out in a public forum like this-oh yeah YES.I had this old lady english teacher in 11th grade that was in her last year and she was this little mean little old grey haired lady who was nasty and strict but for some reason she absolutely loved me and I her-if it wasn't for her special attention I never would have gotten through high school goes ta show ya what a good teacher can do for a struggling student!!!!!even though I tested out of college in 6th grade on my sat's