The U.S. Presidential Election

Feel like discussing other things with your YEStalk friends? Speak your mind in our off-topic YEStalk section.
yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Re: The U.S. Presidential Election

Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:10 am

Hillary Secretary of State!
Richardson secretary of Commerce.
Summers for Economic advisor suspected to replace Bernanke.
James Jones As National Security Advisor.

Obama and the Market;
to the extent that many speculators think 6-9 months ahead, I suppose he does have some effect.

I think consumer confidence is not going to get the boost that I thought it might from Obamanation.

It looks like all the global factors the housing and credit isuues and the market itself are imploding regardless of who is in office next summer.

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:17 am

Well it looks like he is going to hold off on taxing the rich, even he knows where most of the money comes from that pays the bills. Now Micheal Moore is a complete idiot. Well it looks like a Clinton administration for the most part, so much for change. I think that it is going to be interesting to see how many people Obama will have to go back on his word on to get through this ruff period.
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:01 am

I know we are staying home more to prepare for tighter times
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:53 am

with a spoon or with a straw, barrack obama raw raw raw
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:46 pm

Hilary is hot
perigee3

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:23 am

2Lizard4 wrote:Hilary is hot

Really????????
I dunno bout that one

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:55 am

OK, I realy meant Martha Stewart, but I dont hear much from her
perigee3

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:36 am

everyone round here knows who I have my thing for:
(very rated "G" schoolboy crush)

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:47 am

martha stewart is still hot
perigee3

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:02 am

2Lizard4 wrote:OK, I realy meant Martha Stewart, but I dont hear much from her
Hillary might be more attractive if we didn't hear quite so much from her.
I think the same could be said for most politicians.

Kalingzeye

Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:34 pm

Then I must reveal my secret FNC crush... :D
(Bill Hemmer + Megyn Kelly = hilarious news...)

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:49 pm

Kalingzeye wrote:Then I must reveal my secret FNC crush... :D

I do not permit you to date this Bill Hemmer boy

The best advice I can give you is :
-Do not watch FOX News
-Read NOAM CHOMSKY

Someday you will thank me
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:17 pm

Kalingzeye wrote:Then I must reveal my secret FNC crush... :D
Greenglade's Frog wrote:I do not permit you to date this Bill Hemmer boy

-Do not watch FOX News
-Read NOAM CHOMSKY

ROFL!
read Chomsky but dont date him (he must be 100 now)
fox News is OK
it's all got it's angle like everything else.
I know they dare give voice to the opposition(in this case being Republicans), but that makes it more interesting.
The same Liberal news propaganda from the NBC gang got pretty dry over the last half century.
I'm glad there is variety.
Little quote from one of those Evil, slave owning, rich, white, european, male, founding fathers:
"If a book be false in its facts, disprove them; If false in its reasoning, refute it. But for God's sake, Let us Freely hear both sides if we choose!" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Terry Shea
Charter Member

Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:47 am

Greenglade's Frog wrote:I do not permit you to date this Bill Hemmer boy

-Do not watch FOX News
-Read NOAM CHOMSKY

What are you afraid of? The truth?
My personal myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/terryshea
My music myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/ahdubicke
Ignore the problem and it will go away.-some dead moron

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:33 am

Terry Shea wrote:What are you afraid of? The truth?

The people who believe that Fox reports the truth are perhaps the most feared on this planet ,and the most reviled. Their inculcation of the gullible American populace is exactly what will keep this planet in chaos.

You should go overseas and ask what others think of our foreign policy. If you say stuff like "Support the troops and the Iraq war" , "Vietnam was honorable and necessary", "Bush was honest","Let Israel slaughter Palestinians"....you are going to get almost nothing but opposition to your views.

Get out of America and see what the rest of the world thinks!!!

So, one news station is the "Truth"?

Actually all news stations only report the news within certain boundaries of acceptable opinion; and how could they do otherwise, considering they have to report what is allowed by their sponsors, and a certain ruling capitalistic oligarchy, the elite that controls the Media?

Try Keith Olbermann on MSNBC. He at least is trying to finally express an oppposite view ...

I used to believe what the news told me. Now, I have realized that it is mostly slanted toward certain acceptable "truths".

Do you want to reap the bad karma from this?
Documented civilian deaths from violence in IRAQ
89,544 – 97,762
http://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/
Do you want to reap the bad karma from this?

If you really support the great war crime of the century, then maybe you have become really indoctrinated with the fear that you were taught by whoever spoke most loudly. The real information is in alternate journalists' and scholars reports, like Chomsky.

Read some of Michael Moore's books. Don't be afraid. Their are hundreds of US soldiers that agree with him now.

You seem to always express a very rigid authoritarian view. I gaurantee you that if you try to open your mind and seek other opinions you will understand.
Your views are almost stereotypical: Good Conservative Christian Macho Patriotic Republican. My god, Jeez it is like a joke or something. Sort of like that drill sergeant in FULL METAL JACKET. If you really want to practice what you preach, go enlist, go to Iraq, become a televangelist or fast in a cave like a monk.

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:46 am

Oh boy.......
well it had ta happen

I'm not really an Ass, I just play one on the internet.
:p

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:57 am

I remember some arguments I had before, and in general the clincher was always my question:

"Will you go fight in Iraq or overseas for the USA?"

"Do you live your religion that you profess?"

Always, the question was avoided by my opponents. Or some excuses were given. All talk and no do. My oppenents were in denial and vehemently protested my views, and my two questions.

Enough already.

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:58 am

Keith Overbite, he is the lowest, Even Hilary Clinton said fox news was the Fairest. If it wasnt for Walter Concrite and the rest of the news deciding how to run the war, we might have one that one, and MILLIONS may have lived. It is a said day when we hang our heads in safety, at the expeince of the ones who suffer Read the newscast he gave the night of the tet offensive, he declared the war was over, the north vietamnese had one, when in fact if we had struck back at that time, they could have not fought back, they where spent. But thanks to walter they won on the late night news. I know that war as well as this one and every one in history, was not run the way it should have been. I feel sorry for Ghandi, if it was not for the policies he implanted, MILLIONS would not have died, and maybe what happened last week might not of happened. I have traveled to other countries and have talked to many from around the world, and I see a different veiw from the ones who are informed. Most nations do not have near the access to the news and different points of veiw givin here. Still to this day, Like when I talk to people from Turkey, there is what they publicly say, and what they really know and believe. Im sorry to say, but Micheal Moore is one of the biggest traitors to this country I know.
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:00 am

Hey Yesman, you can be like Kosmo Krammer and be the assman, then you could get license plates.
perigee3

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:07 am

Michael Moore is great. I love the guy.

Remember: all news stations only report the news within certain boundaries of acceptable opinion. Find your source of information outside the mass media. Go to the library. Seek out alternate views.

In the 19th cent. , doctors thought bleeding was an efficient way to cure illness. Now, we know that had the opposite effect.

Question authority, that is the only way to wisdom, ever.

That's all for me for a few months, until the next political thread.

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:13 am

yesman90125 wrote:everyone round here knows who I have my thing for:
(very rated "G" schoolboy crush)

Sorry man, but IMHO she is a repressed bisexual woman and very masculine in essence. Either an actress or really believes in the job she does. Very frightening

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:34 am

Pretty much that is what I do, I also take notice of a politicians own words from their own mouth. I cross reference what they say and what the news reports. I also check other references, as far as books, I try to take into account who wrote them and why. I find a lot of them to be miss inturpreted as much as the bible. I know that I never learned in government schools that the people from the Mayflower tried collective farms for 3 years, which failed misserably. Once every one had their own plot of land to work, did they finally begin to succsed. It was funny how when they had a collective farm, there where many who did not pitch in for one reason or another. But when they had their own farms, every one seemed to work. I do take issue when people complain and dont give, they dont serve their country, they complain about oil companies to the point of being violent, but wont ake the time to get an education to try and solve the problem. Me, my brother died in the first gulf war died for his country, AND WHAT HE SAW FIRST HAND AS HELPING OPPRESSED. I have decided to devote my life to building the tool/ weapons that will keep more brothers from dying, and also from effecting those who are inocent. M Moore hasnt sacrificed anything, he just complains about things that he knows will pull on the heart strings of the uninformed. I know what M Moore potrayed, and who he used lies and ediiting to do it. I have talked with those who where cheated and mispotrayed by his deceptions and it is an insult to my brother and to those who he hurt. I love this country, even with its mistakes and pain, M Moore profits from it. Sorry dude but this is an unchangeable item with me, I have done the research. Unlike Obhama, who at first glance I found to be inspiring, but over time I saw nothing, but even he still inspires me with hope, heck the republicans in the house are happier with him right now then the democrates. My dad does busniess with a group of Jesse Jacksons, and I even told my dad I woudnt trust Jesse, as far as I could piss him. But I respect my dad and love him as I respect and love you my brother
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:35 am

I agree with greenglade, martha stewarts hot
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:04 am

Its like this show I watched on the dicovery channel, where they said we are spending billions on missle defense, and it dosnt work, Bull crap, I have been on location, and it does work. Its kind of like the people that I have known, who have been SPIT upon by the flower crowd at airports for building weapons. Then all the sudden, lets say the muslim extremist start killing and waring, like they have for who knows how long, BECAUSE THEY HATE US, (another informed group of people), just like India last week. And then our boys are sent to war, even the spitters who believe of this uthopia now sons are sent. Do you know what happens, PEOPLE STOP SPITTING ON US. I hate war, and for Christ sake, my extreme liberial wife hates war, I dont even own a gun, hate them, they are the destroyers of life. But Until all can be informed and educated, and not lied to and dictated by few, I dont beleive there will be peace. Most of the people I talk to from the middle east, who ARE informed fell the same way. But I guess, even tho history has taught us that if we do nothing more will suffer, and thats OK as long as it isnt us who suffer, then its OK, all in the name of peace.
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:29 am

Oh, heres a picture of a couple of missles we build that supposidly didnt knock incoming missles out of the sky, sure will be nice to do that when Iran goes nuke. Even the guys at NASA are thankfull for their billons of dollars looking at rocks on other planets, when they know it can be better spent on the problems at hand. But even they know that the money that is spent on know what a rock is made of on mars is more important then world hunger right now. They know that when the world is starving, and there is so much violence that knowing what a rock is made of on mars is way more important.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:46 am

Well, I guess I should go to bed to do a job that I am proud of, that dosnt make me as much money as the job I turned down to do speacial effects for Hollywood. How could I work for such a self centered bunch of people for profit, and beable to live with myself.
perigee3

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:45 pm

"Will you go fight in Iraq or overseas for the USA?"
Yes(though I dont entirely support the Iraqi action specificly- and while I dont support it, It makes more sense than vietnam, which I likely would have avoided- if it came down to a draft on Vietnam -I'm not sure what I'd do-but I'd likely dodge, If it were a Draft on Iraq , though I could never have imagined that happening, I would serve)

"Do you live your religion that you profess?"
I dont profess one specificly-but I do live the Ideals I profess
(otherwise I'd profess diferent ones and live them)

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:48 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote:Sorry man, but IMHO she is a repressed bisexual woman

EVEN BETTER! I LIKE HER MORE NOW~(nothing wrong with that)

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:33 pm

Serious information warning
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HdCxB3hLDAI&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HdCxB3hLDAI&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Warning facts can melt your mind-

http://www.house.gov/htbin/blog_inc?BLO ... tail.shtml
The Neo-Alchemy of the Federal Reserve

As the printing presses for the bailouts run at full speed, those in power are no longer even pretending that the new giveaways will fix our problems. Now that we are used to rewarding failure with taxpayer-funded bailouts, we are being told that this is “just a start,” more funds will inevitably be needed for more industries, and that things would be much worse had we done nothing.
The updated total bailout commitments add up to over $8 trillion now. This translates into a monetary base increase of 75 percent over the last two months. This money does not come from some rainy day fund tucked away in the budget somewhere – it is created from thin air, and devalues every dollar in circulation. Dumping money on an economy, as they have been doing, is not the same as dumping wealth. In fact, it has quite the opposite effect.
One key attribute that gives money value is scarcity. If something that is used as money becomes too plentiful, it loses value. That is how inflation and hyperinflation happens. Giving a central bank the power to create fiat money out of thin air creates the tremendous risk of eventual hyperinflation. Most of the founding fathers did not want a central bank. Having just experienced the hyperinflation of the Continental dollar, they understood the power and the temptations inherent in that type of system. It gives one entity far too much power to control and destabilize the economy.
Our central bankers have had a tremendous amount of hubris over the years, believing that they could actually manage a paper money system in such a way as to replicate the behavior and benefits of a gold standard. In fact, back in 2004 then Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan told me as much. People talk about toxic assets, but the real toxicity in our economy comes from the neo-alchemy practiced by the Federal Reserve System. Just as alchemists of the past frequently poisoned themselves with the lead or mercury they were trying to turn to gold, today’s bankers are poisoning the economy with accelerated fiat money creation.
Throughout the ages, gold has stood the test of time as a consistently reliable medium of exchange, and has frequently been referred to as “God’s money”, as only God can make more of it. Seeking superhuman power over money in the way alchemists did in ancient times caused society to shun them as charlatans. In much the same way, free people today should be sending the message that this power and control over our money is no longer acceptable.
The irony is that even had the ancient practice of alchemy been successful, and gold was suddenly, magically made abundant, alchemists still would have failed to create real wealth. Creating gold from lead would have cheapened its status to that of rhinestones or cubic zirconia. It is unnatural and dangerous for paper to be considered as precious as a precious metal. Our fiat currency system is crumbling and coming to an end, as all fiat currencies eventually do.
Congress should reject the central bank as a failure for its manipulations of money that have brought our economy to its knees. I am hoping that in the 111<SUP>th</SUP> Congress my legislation to abolish the Federal Reserve System gains traction so that the central bank can no longer destroy our money.

Posted by Ron Paul (12-01-2008, 01:07 PM) filed under Monetary Policy

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:01 am

Greenglade's Frog wrote:Sorry man, but IMHO she is a repressed bisexual woman and very masculine in essence. Either an actress or really believes in the job she does. Very frightening
Before I refuse To take your Questions I have an opening Statement:
Thank you !
I have now Created A Megyn Kelly, Condeleeza Rice, Sarah Palin, Ann Coulter and Elizebeth Hasselbeck all at the private Pool on a HOT day fanatasy that ought to last me the winter!!

Cheers Froggy

"G" rated Crush moves To "XXX"
*Yesman Salutes his Picture Of
Ronald Reagan*
And proclaims "there Is A God!"Image

Right back atchya Ron