It's going to get worse before it gets better

Feel like discussing other things with your YEStalk friends? Speak your mind in our off-topic YEStalk section.
Terry Shea
Charter Member

It's going to get worse before it gets better

Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:24 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28096219

I've got mixed feeling about this. I'm glad he's going to reinvest in our infrastructure, because here in West Michigan we have roads filled with potholes and freeways with gaps in them or that lead to nowhere because they were never completed. I doubt this initiative will get them completed any sooner though because the financial aspect of building new roads wasn't the deterrent in the first place, it was the environmental dictators that killed these projects. On the other hand it will be nice if we can get our existing roads up to snuff, and create new jobs, but any such job creation would likely be temporary, and how the hell is he going to pay for all this?

He also talks about subjecting banks, the housing industry and the auto industry to more massive regulations. That's what caused the problems in the first place! Banks have been required to give loans to bad risks because "everyone should be able to own a home they can't afford". The auto industry has been subjected to massive and costly regulations due to environmental concerns and has found itself caught in the middle between the government demanding higher mileage smaller cars and the general buying public demanding gas guzzling SUVs. So they've had to waste massive amounts of money designing cars that few people want to buy due to over governmental regulation. And now it appears it's just going to get worse.

And here we go with another economic stimulus package. Great! We'll all get a few more bucks a
in a one shot deal that will add billions to the deficit! We'll quickly blow it and then we'll be right back to where we were except the government will be that much further in the hole. When are these politicians going to learn that money doesn't grow on trees and you can't keep borrowing against the future? Money should be earned, not given away at the government's whim. Hard work should be rewarded, not apathy, laziness and an entitlement mindset.

And now Obama says his agenda has "changed sharply" in the last month. Is anyone surprised?
My personal myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/terryshea
My music myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/ahdubicke
Ignore the problem and it will go away.-some dead moron

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Re: It's going to get worse before it gets better

Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:08 pm

Hes going to pay for these government jobs, with, what else, taxpayer money. I all for fixing things and giving people jobs. But as remember, FDR did it, it didnt really work, and left us in a depression longer. This long term down fall and miss handling hurt the rest of the world as well. After WW1 germany was in bad shape, and hitlers party was able to thrive becuse of it. fortunatly the democratic society worked in germany and they prospered becuase the let capitolisum work. Unfortunatly fdr screwed things up so much that are depression had a greater effect on the world. So when hitler got out of prison, he was once again able to push his radical ideas and when the country with his speeches, HOW DID THAT WORK FOR US
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:43 am

you cant start a thread like this, WAHHH WAHHH, I dont know anything constructive to say, I cant handle contreversy, Im just a child, All I can do is cry
perigee3

Terry Shea
Charter Member

Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:38 pm

2Lizard4 wrote:you cant start a thread like this, WAHHH WAHHH, I dont know anything constructive to say, I cant handle contreversy, Im just a child, All I can do is cry
ROFLMAO! :)
My music myspace page:

tardistraveler

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:19 pm

Mod hat on . . .

Just a warning to keep things above board on this thread. I will close it if it degenerates into political name-calling and insults.

Thanks!

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:31 pm

I love little baby ducks
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:39 pm

Thinking about what I'll do this spring, Hmm more charity work. More research, take care of my ailing mother, get more politically, and do some more teaching. Wish I wasnt so self centered, and could do more.
perigee3

Terry Shea
Charter Member

Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:01 am

2Lizard4 wrote:Thinking about what I'll do this spring, Hmm more charity work. More research, take care of my ailing mother, get more politically, and do some more teaching. Wish I wasnt so self centered, and could do more.
Stop it man, you're killing me! :)
My music myspace page:

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:26 am

We should really behave Our selves here, I like talking about curent events. I beleive it ties into Yes, Yes is a band that taught me to care more for others, then myself, and to seek a higher understanding. This is other skylines, right
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:29 am

Sorry, did some research on biden and obhama, It just sickens me they call others selfish, when people like me make less then they do, but I as others give more, Oh thats right, they are just going to take From us that already give, it like, oh I,ll save the world, I'll just do it with your money, not mine
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:30 am

sorry, have a problem wit those who cry the most, but do NOTHING to help
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:18 am

a lot of people seem to look, but say nothing
perigee3

Terry Shea
Charter Member

Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:56 pm

2Lizard4 wrote:a lot of people seem to look, but say nothing
They don't dare, lest they disappear like Jimmy Hoffa. :)
My music myspace page:

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:00 am

Do you think with all the ties that find of obama and corruption, they might impeach him before he takes office. I cant believe the years of crud the media poured on about doing coke, supposidly once, and obama I hear squat about how much he was into it.
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:02 am

I lived in chicago, and the curroption there made New York look like shangri la
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:39 am

perigee3

Tomfoolery

Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:16 am

Ok, so I'm conservative and even share some of your views, but this is getting a bit out of hand, ya'll. How about letting up a bit and giving everyone a break? I know I'm tired of hearing all the Obama bashing (and I don't particularly like him, either, just so's ya know) and the liberal bashing, and I've also been contacted by several other people that are tired of it. People are tired of reading it and they're not responding or participating because they've had ENOUGH, and so have I. This is NOT a political satire site, it's a Yes fan site, and the political stuff is getting out of hand. It's already resulted in the temporary banning of 2 different long standing members of this site, and it needs to stop.

You are entitled to your beliefs, your opinions, and your viewpoints. However, this is not the place nor the time to share them quite so sarcastically nor with the biting, sour grapes, opinionated tones that these threads have started to aquire. If you wish to continue in this vein, please find another site to do it on so those of us that don't share your zeal for this type of satire don't have to continue to be subjected to it.

Enough is enough.

Thank you.
"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:19 am

i LOVE LITTLE BABY DUCKS
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:34 am

Im am sorry If my opinions on what I believe to be current political events do not meet the guidelines. Yes I know obama one, and have said that I wish him God speed with my support, for the sake of our country. I was still commenting on things that are still in the news, and brought up in the news. I was very happy to see a thread called other skylines, and sub threads that delt with politics and current events, that I could share and discuss and share, yes my opinion with those, who love YES as much as I do. I have not called other members of this site any names for what they believe; I would agree doing that would be wrong in any situation. From what I have seen, I have not had an opinion on any topic that is greater than or as harsh as other peoples opinions, compared to this topic or others, or other topics in other threads. I was hoping that in Terry,s thread, people would know what it would be like, and say what they felt, or choose to ignore it and not go there, just as people should have the choice of watching a particular TV channel or not, and in this case, make sure that certain lines are not crossed of calling people names, or posting pictures of bad taste, or using foul language like it was going out of style. I see there are members who taut their political views every time they post something, now matter where they post, because they share there beliefs in their Footer, and some of them are rather offensive to me, but I still don’t call them out on it. Like I said, I was happy to find such an open minded thread where I could view my thoughts with those of the same ilk. Heck I married a liberal who I have had greater heated discussions with, as adults able to handle tuff issues, that I met on a YES chat line, and we are, still after 10 years very much in love. I will respect your thoughts, acknowledging that with the people that visit this site, I can not state my point of view without causing a problem. I will respectfully ban myself.
perigee3

Chris2210

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:05 pm

The reason people are viewing and not contributing to these threads is that there's little point to them. There's also no point in debating your opinions. Because they're not going to shift.

Dean refers to 'satire' but my understanding of the term doesn't encompass the ignorant and the wit-less. None of this would be so bad if these were merely boring posts that everyone could cheerfully ignore. Unfortunately to any prospective new member these are an example of what goes on here.

Petty, negative, mean-spirited, close-minded, borderline racist (in reference to the 'song' I think it's not that borderline), meandering twaddle is not going to attract many new members - certainly none we'd want. We've recently temporarily lost one of our most valued contributors through this shit. Do you seriously think you're safe if you play some sort of spurious charade of skirting around what you perceive to be the 'rules'?

This is a social club - a place people come to exchange opinions and banter - the idea is that this should be enjoyable, otherwise there are always other clubs. Where I live if people are identified as going in to places in order to pick fights, they get barred.

The 'bouncers' have had their eyes on you two for a while and you've been asked nicely on numerous occasions. Patience is a finite resource, even in the most tolerant of circles.
I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.

tardistraveler

Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:02 pm

I'm going to close this thread, and encourage everyone to please take a break from political topics for a little while . . . there's many other things to talk about that aren't so polarizing . . . :)