Michael Jackson

Feel like discussing other things with your YEStalk friends? Speak your mind in our off-topic YEStalk section.
YesFan01

Michael Jackson

Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:12 am

Wow, such sad news. I also was born in 1958, but in the seventies took a different musical direction and became a Yes Fan, along with other progressive rock music, and was not into pop or disco of those days. Then Thriller was released, and I loved it! Got it for my birthday that year....I always did like Michael Jackson - regardless of everything said about him, he was a terrific performer, a great singer and a great dancer. I feel so sad to hear of his passing....

thehallway
Charter Member

Re: Michael Jackson

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:58 am

I've never been a huge fan, but his passing certainly came as a surprise. It's affected the whole community pretty bad. Radio stations across the UK have played nothing but the king of pop for the last few days.
[8]

tardistraveler

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:00 pm

VH1 Classic ran his videos all weekend - think I saw Thriller about every time I tuned in!

He did some amazing videos in the 80's - I always liked the Thriller album.

Sad that his personal life took such a weird turn . . . :(

Haze
Charter Member

Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:59 am

tardistraveler wrote:Sad that his personal life took such a weird turn . . . :(
Indeed!

Although I never owned any of his albums I always had the greatest respect for his understanding of contemporary pop as well as his musicianship. Which probably would've impressed us for a couple of decades further if not..

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:21 am

Im sorry, there was JUST way to much smoke. And I dont care, If some one comes out and says they sleep in the same bed with other peoples children, WRONG WRONG WRONG. I have to say, he was very very very talanted. But feeling sorry for someone because they where popular, NO, There have been to many people who have shaped the world in science, politics, religion, and so on how have had less in the public eye to critizize, and where totally chastized as evil, who where people of enormous talant. But not Micheal, he was on MTV. Its like the guy who invented the pet rock, he made a lot of money, and became famous. I cant beleive what we will except, just because some one wrote some great music. Maybe he didnt molest children, even after all the numbers of allogations over many years. Yes he has had many stand behind him, like my wifes family, who has stood behind the son who hurt so many people. They would make the most insane excuses to protect the son. Im sorry, But I HAVE NO TOLERANCE FOR THOSE< WHO HAVE HUZRT CHILDREN. even if they spent so much money helping them. Like the Mafia, They where loved for the charities they gave tons of money to, at the same time, destroying lives in the most horrble way. Its not just Michael J. I dont listen to System of the down any more, which I loved. After I heard the lyrics, Why do they only send the poor. My brother died in IRAQ, Wealthy, and College educated. He just felt strongly about the humanity of other countries, and felt strongly enought to help them, instead of making some excuse not to.
perigee3

thehallway
Charter Member

Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:59 pm

That's an interesting view. I can see exactly where your coming from though.
[8]

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:12 am

I can not refute the fact that he wrote some amazing music, and did some amazing things with the new technologies. A lot of the movers and shakers are different, Heck jim morrison wrote some great music on acid. My God if I took acid and wrote music that touched an increadible amout of youth with no purpose, Id be famous. Im just saying, if it was any body else with SO MANY ACCUSATIONS of child molestation, they would have been ripped apart. I know that the famous have been the targets of people seeking money, but there was just way too much. He had the ability to use aliases to buy drugs, I think he was capable of so much more deciet. Hey If Micheal had cheated on his wifes, robbed a bank, even killed some one, I would have more sympathy. then if there had been SOOOOOO much Child molestation charges.
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:42 am

Like I said, I dont listen to SYSTEM OF THE DOWN anymore because of the lyrics, "WHY DO THEY ONLY SEND THE POOR". Yes JFK and LBJ did send the poor. But my brother was well off from hard work, and put himself thru college, to fight in Iraq, as many of those I know did. I know that many who went to srve in the second gulf war did for humanity, not just because Bush Jr said to. Bush senior did the right thing, for the right reasons, Bush Jr did the right thing, but not the right way. And if someone told me, that Bush Jr and Bill Clinton did what they did for the wrong reasons, I would have to admit, I would have a hard time standing behind them. But I would not have a hard time standing behind the soldiers, they died for the right reseasons, and where proud to do so. I use to love system of the down, but they are just people, like you and I who have been made bigger thaen life, by people who have no purpuse of there own, the way Micheal Jackson has been made out to be. Im am not a perfect person. but I do give to those in need. That does not give me a pass to hurt people, just because Im am deemed to be different. Just like organizations that operate today, that on one day wil brutaly beat some one to death, and the next fund a charity drive for the poor.
perigee3

the greenman
Veteran Member

Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:22 pm

there are those who doubt he's dead anyway..

http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxdeath.com/?p=174

just like Morrison, Presley, Princess Di etc.

Maybe he had more reason than most to want to dissappear. Who knows. What's amazing is the speed with which these stories build..

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:44 pm

I just read a story, of a helicopter pilot in vietnam who just passed away. Not on the news, or the communist news network (CNN). A man who flew 13 times into the face of death, in a helicopter, not marked with a red cross. Even after the commander had called the area to hot for rescue. THis man risked his life, WAY beyound the call of duty, to save many lives. Lying there wounded, thinking about your family, you life, and you have conseded that you are going to die, 12,000 miles from home in a swamp. But then this man comes in his chopper and saves you, under almost certain death, and then he comes back 12 more times. The media goes nuts over a guy who made so much money he could pay for the best in the buisness to make his concerts better, heck my wife dances better them him, and sings better. I am not so much down on Micheal, as I am the sheepeole that took advantage of him, because they where such loosers to do their own thing. The slobbering, Lying media that tripped over them selves to cover his death, And the people whos lifes are so empty, Michael had to fill it. Heck, Yes has been putting out music longer than him. Dont get me wrong, Micheal put out great music. But I just cannot imagine this man, who saved so many lives, did not even get a mention last week, when he passed away. A man who was truely a HERO. But what can I excpect from people who feel for everything Obama said he was going to do, or happen, but hasnt. All you have to be is cool, or come off as some one who cares, even if you realy dont, and you are a god. Me, I will remember the people who actually have done something from thier heart.
perigee3

2Lizard4
Charter Member

Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:58 pm

I am not so much upset with Micheal, it is obvious he was used by every one around him, it just the circus that people created around him. Its not micheals fault that the mediea trip over them selves when he died, and not ED FREEMAN, who passed away on the same week.
perigee3