Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Feel like discussing other things with your YEStalk friends? Speak your mind in our off-topic YEStalk section.
Post Reply
User avatar
tribute1969
Starship Trooper
Posts: 3935
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: CTTE of Nashville, TN
Contact:

Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 115730Post tribute1969
Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:49 am

Here ya go.....
Bethany's first "video" on her new iMac Pro laptop..She used the iMovie feature rather than Final Cut Pro (which she prefers) just so she could get some practice in on the standard operating system the laptop came with. She only uses Final Cut Pro at the school's TV Station and school starts the end of July so she'll be back on it soon!

Please note we did NOT have a "plan" or storyboard ready when she shot the footage so she had to adapt the music to some of the "movements" in the video which I think she did a great job. We had no music playing when Courtney was dancing around Wood Henge at night! My remarks are completely "off the cuff" or headband and it was close to 100 degrees out at high noon when my parts were shot!!

We had the "Pagan Communion" at night using the "special" YES wine and bread from previous gatherings...The Pagan Gods were pleased.....the last scene demonstrates..

Enjoy! We're READY and STILL waiting!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN4DVTmrypA

Nolan

PS: The Spinal Tap video if you're interested...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlf5ucFanpY
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

User avatar
tardistraveler
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:17 am
Location: Nashville, TN, USA.

Re: Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 115746Post tardistraveler
Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:53 pm

This is terrific!

You're so creative to think of this, and Bethany did a great job filming/editing . . . thanks for the laugh! :)

User avatar
tribute1969
Starship Trooper
Posts: 3935
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: CTTE of Nashville, TN
Contact:

Re: Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 115753Post tribute1969
Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:35 am

Thanks!
It's a hoot doing these AND at my BD party my daughter got some footage of her 10 year cousin doing his spontaneous impression of "American Presidential Idol" while he was wearing a George "W" Bush mask and doing Michael Jackson dance moves while singing little diddies about our US Presidents from a song he learned in school last year...it was TOO funny yet strange...you'll see when it's edited and ready...lol


tardistraveler wrote:This is terrific!

You're so creative to think of this, and Bethany did a great job filming/editing . . . thanks for the laugh! :)
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

User avatar
tardistraveler
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:17 am
Location: Nashville, TN, USA.

Re: Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 115761Post tardistraveler
Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:59 pm

tribute1969 wrote:Thanks!
It's a hoot doing these AND at my BD party my daughter got some footage of her 10 year cousin doing his spontaneous impression of "American Presidential Idol" while he was wearing a George "W" Bush mask and doing Michael Jackson dance moves while singing little diddies about our US Presidents from a song he learned in school last year...it was TOO funny yet strange...you'll see when it's edited and ready...lol



Did he sing/dance at Woodhenge? The aliens might really turn on to the "moonwalk" . . . ;)

User avatar
Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:00 pm
Location: California, on the Edge of the Continent

Re: Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 115786Post Greenglade's Frog
Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:03 pm

tribute1969 wrote:Here ya go.....
Bethany's first "video" on her new iMac Pro laptop..She used the iMovie feature rather than Final Cut Pro (which she prefers) just so she could get some practice in on the standard operating system the laptop came with. She only uses Final Cut Pro at the school's TV Station and school starts the end of July so she'll be back on it soon!

Please note we did NOT have a "plan" or storyboard ready when she shot the footage so she had to adapt the music to some of the "movements" in the video which I think she did a great job. We had no music playing when Courtney was dancing around Wood Henge at night! My remarks are completely "off the cuff" or headband and it was close to 100 degrees out at high noon when my parts were shot!!

We had the "Pagan Communion" at night using the "special" YES wine and bread from previous gatherings...The Pagan Gods were pleased.....the last scene demonstrates..

Enjoy! We're READY and STILL waiting!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN4DVTmrypA

Nolan

PS: The Spinal Tap video if you're interested...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlf5ucFanpY


That's a lot of wood
hahahha, this is funny
Quite entertaining. Looks like you've been surviving only on Yes wine and rye bread.
Dig how the mandolin-played circle dance segues from the intro section..
Well done home video.
I really like the Spinal Tap song, even though a parody, it is really good
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

User avatar
tardistraveler
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:17 am
Location: Nashville, TN, USA.

Re: Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 115855Post tardistraveler
Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:05 pm

Just heard from Nolan that Woodhenge has been dismantled, but it will live through this video for all eternity . . . ;)

Too bad you couldn't have moved it to the Yesstock campgrounds . . . would have made a GREAT gathering site!

User avatar
Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:00 pm
Location: California, on the Edge of the Continent

Re: Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 117328Post Greenglade's Frog
Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:41 pm

That's a cool video. Make some more. Damn, you have a thick accent...
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

User avatar
tardistraveler
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:17 am
Location: Nashville, TN, USA.

Re: Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 117341Post tardistraveler
Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote:That's a cool video. Make some more. Damn, you have a thick accent...

LOL - you should hear MINE! ;)

User avatar
thehallway
Charter Member
Posts: 873
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:06 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset, UK

Re: Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 117348Post thehallway
Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:33 pm

:) I love the american accent! Especially around the mid west; is that the place where they sound sort of swedish? Its very polite and positive.
[8]

User avatar
tardistraveler
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:17 am
Location: Nashville, TN, USA.

Re: Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 117355Post tardistraveler
Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:09 pm

A lot of Scandinavians settled in the Midwest, so that's possible.

There's a TON of American accents! I call mine "Tennessee Hick" . . . think about country music singers, and that's probably what I sound like . . . lol

Nolan's is more of that coastal drawl . . . :cool:

I love accents - makes language more interesting!

User avatar
thehallway
Charter Member
Posts: 873
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:06 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset, UK

Re: Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 117360Post thehallway
Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:51 pm

Yeah over here it's just sort of, everyone in the south sounds "posh" (except London which is cockney), whilst the midlands and north have tonnes of much more interesting variable accents; brummies, scousers, geordies and what not. In Dorset some of us sound like farmers lol (apparently). Welsh is the best though.
[8]

User avatar
Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:00 pm
Location: California, on the Edge of the Continent

Re: Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 117366Post Greenglade's Frog
Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:55 am

I prefer R.P.

One California accent I have noticed is the dropping of tone at end of sentence to sound cool or unconcerned...

Actually, a lot of young people simply mumble in this state. There seems an effort to sound as non-intellectual as possible...
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

User avatar
tardistraveler
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:17 am
Location: Nashville, TN, USA.

Re: Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 117386Post tardistraveler
Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote:I prefer R.P.

R.P.?

User avatar
Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:00 pm
Location: California, on the Edge of the Continent

Re: Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 117391Post Greenglade's Frog
Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:06 pm

tardistraveler wrote:R.P.?

Received Pronunciation, like the British Aristocracy
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

User avatar
thehallway
Charter Member
Posts: 873
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:06 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset, UK

Re: Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 117401Post thehallway
Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:52 pm

we're not all that posh thankfully!
[8]

User avatar
tardistraveler
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:17 am
Location: Nashville, TN, USA.

Re: Wood Henge-The Video, Spinal Tap parady

Post: # 117414Post tardistraveler
Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote:Received Pronunciation, like the British Aristocracy
Thanks - wasn't familiar with the term . . . :)

Post Reply