Druid

This forum is by no means meant to replace the Alternate Tunes forum but rather is designed to highlight the music of those earlier days when it all started and whose influence can still be heard today. Feel free to start your own thread heralding these ground-breakers and Earth-shakers.
happytheman
Charter Member

Druid

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:43 am

I know this band has been "tossed" about before in discussion regarding "bands that sound like Yes", but I had never seen any footage of them before. Here's a couple of nice clips, enjoy for those who are familiar with this likable band. First is Voices, then Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QccOTQNqzp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gskiq_D6 ... re=related

Haze
Charter Member

Re: Druid

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:23 am

happytheman wrote:I know this band has been "tossed" about before in discussion regarding "bands that sound like Yes", but I had never seen any footage of them before.

Thanks for the links. I've never seen them before either. However, I bought their albums "Towards the Sun" and "Fluid" back in the late seventies. I never actually, at the time, thought of them as a YES copy! More like; just another progressive band - not really up there with YES, Crimson, Tull.. - but still good enough to get inspired by. But I do remember that I held the second album a little bit higher because it felt more like their own (less obvious influences, perhaps...).

Coffee_&_Cigarettes
Veteran Member

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:38 pm

Very Cool band, I don´t perceive them as a Yes copy, pehaps Yes oriented sound...
I´m actualy trying to track down their first album "Toward the sun".
They should´ve entered my underrated bands/artists thread...

happytheman
Charter Member

Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:31 am

Coffee_&_Cigarettes wrote:Very Cool band, I don´t perceive them as a Yes copy, pehaps Yes oriented sound...
I´m actualy trying to track down their first album "Toward the sun".
They should´ve entered my underrated bands/artists thread...
Their first two albums are available as "one". Shop around Amazon / CDUniverse etc. I bought the first one shortly after it was released based on a review in a Jem catalog, where they cited an award they received at a music festival. Didn't find the second till I located the "2 for 1" deal years later on CD. There is something to like on both albums.

the greenman
Veteran Member

Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:18 pm

another band to check out, cool! Thanks, Happy!