Do they still smoke

This is our general YEStalk area.
Drop in and say hi, and join or start a new Yes-related topic.

Moderator: N2yes

yerweb1

Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:41 am

I got very close to the 5 of them last year at the May 2004 Toronto autograph session. They all seem healthy but certainly older..i'm sure they've all inhaled...B4

www.geocities.com/yerweb/yes.html

Vaguson
Veteran Member

Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:23 pm

Both Alan and Chris look like smokers to me...
In the beginning is the future...and the future is at hand.

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:38 pm

yerweb1 wrote:I got very close to the 5 of them last year at the May 2004 Toronto autograph session. They all seem healthy but certainly older..i'm sure they've all inhaled...B4

www.geocities.com/yerweb/yes.html

Cool Pics
steve looks like he wants to go home and chris looks stoned

the rest of them look like theyre having a good time

and people are bringing in unusual stuff to get signed

btw the 8 track of tormato wallpaper is cool
I havnt seen an 8 track in so long it took me a minute to figure out what it was

yerweb1

Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:17 pm

Glad you like the pix...I got Yessongs autographed by all five...Steve just wasn't in a good mood. Rick seemed the most pleasant that day...Chris was probably tired but was obliging...he actually looked me in the eye as well as Rick...and I thank them all for their time to autograph the CD...

perpetualchanger
Starship Trooper

Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:20 pm

Don't recall exactly where I read it, but supposedly Steve was so wasted during the Union sessions that the producer(s) brought in other guitarists to do some of his parts. Never heard anything else about any of the others having non-musical influences, but they are rock stars. Not like it wouldn't be readily available to them.
Michele Hriciso
My personal site:
http://www.bikerbitchblog.com

SOUTHSIDEGUY
Veteran Member

Here's my invatation to any YES member

Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:43 am

The best kined and homebrew is available to any YES member who happens to be in the Dallas Tx area. followed by a home cooked meal of homegrown veggies and after dinner jam in my studio...[sigh]

If I had my choice of who I'd like to smoke out with it would probably be Steve, Bill or Jon.....hey, Squire wouldn't be left out and Wakeman can try my lighter stuff. Oooo LaLA! :bong :shrooms

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:28 pm

I'll be right over with my color changing Glass the mean green and my guitar

SOUTHSIDEGUY
Veteran Member

Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:13 am

I think maybe one day this possibly could happen.....I do wish you lived in the dallas area....That would be great.

yesman90125 wrote:I'll be right over with my color changing Glass the mean green and my guitar

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:57 pm

Wisconsin to Dallas

its 17hours and 1037 miles

what do you mean might .......?

I'm half way there.

using my satalite laptop

u mean you didnt mean NOW?

Kansas Illinois and oaklahoma
what a boring drive
wisconsin is much prettier

SOUTHSIDEGUY
Veteran Member

Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:18 pm

Well, It looks great on paper [lol] 17 hours? :eek: Holy moley! That's a long day in the car....And with gas prices at $50 dollars a gallon to boot. But hey, if your serious.....and plan to stay at least a few days.......You would actually have a wonderful time......especially if your really good with your guitar. Think of your stay here to be a true "TAST" of dallas [hinthint] :o

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:33 pm

SOUTHSIDEGUY wrote:Well, It looks great on paper [lol] 17 hours? :eek: Holy moley! That's a long day in the car....And with gas prices at $50 dollars a gallon to boot. But hey, if your serious.....and plan to stay at least a few days.......You would actually have a wonderful time......especially if your really good with your guitar. Think of your stay here to be a true "TASTE" of dallas :o

I am a little out of practice since I wrecked my right shoulder
I am a 20+ year player who hasnt picked up the AXE much in 3-4 years
i have my Martin laying around so I can allways strumm around on it but
It really does hurt
so its now a passtime rather than a compulsion
my les paul has sat in the case with my amp in the closet for too long
to be really good

a few weeks of brush up would probably bring most of it back
but physical limitations make that kind of hard

so I limit my self to making guitar notes that would irritate an executive kind of guy in my head
or I let Steve Wilson do it
I did some drumming too (only for about 5 years)
but not any more
Frickin Fibro myalgia has caused alot of that stuff to be a problem
as it exxagerrates touch light and sound and sometimes my body interputs them as pain

I could never make the drive but I will be in new orleans (by plane)
sometime this year-with no real set plans other than to hang out with my brother

The Ancient
Charter Member

Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:49 pm

Hey SOUTHSIDEGUY we definately need to get Chris down from The Cheese State, but you know, I'm just down the road in Austin. I grew up in Big D and if I get up there I will look you up. You are certainly welcome here any time. I will offer the same home cooked meal, or we can call the pizza car and have more time for the jam, DVD-athon, etc. I have a baby grand piano and it would be nice to hear someone play it that knows what they're doing !!! Until then, check me out at http://www.paulloganband.com

Maybe we can find a way to get 90125 over from New Orleans and rehab him with an acoustic set,Texas barbeque, Shiner Bock, etc.

happytheman
Charter Member

Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:45 pm

yesman90125 wrote:the show was exactly that when i saw him on "Pulling Strings"
Just after Talk Came out it was just steve
he played YES-GTR-ASIA-his solo highlights at the time
he talked about his guitar collection-there was like 100 people in the whole place -my friend and I went right up and sat on the floor right in front of him
8 feet away from him watching the magic fingers and many many guitars.
it was sooooo cool - then like I said he hung around after about 3/4 of the people left and talked .
Not sure if this was the same solo tour I saw him on or not. He showed up in Richmond Va at a small bar. Maybe 100 people total. My wife and I got front row seats, 10ft from him. He went back and played his whole career. Told stories about each song. Kicker was finishing up with Soon. Very magical evening indeed. The man is in a league of his own.