A question about our YES postings.

This is our general YEStalk area.
Drop in and say hi, and join or start a new Yes-related topic.

Moderator: N2yes

Gary M. Thomas
Veteran Member

A question about our YES postings.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:21 pm

Earlier today, I was reading all the posts wishing Mr. Steve Howe a happy birthday... and I started wondering something:

Do you think that any of the YES band members (Jon, Chris, Steve, Alan or Rick) ever actually read the posts on YESTALK?

I'd like to think that, at least a few of them, occasionally visit the YESTALK message board... just to checkout the feedback & opinions from all their numerous devoted fans.

Any thoughts????? :confused:
"Oh closely guided plan, awaken in our hearts"

N2yes
Starship Trooper

Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:11 pm

A fair question indeed! I would think that yes, they do. However, with Rick's noted apprehension regarding chatrooms and the like, it may very well be that seldom, if ever will we know if they have set written foot in these hallowed halls. YESfans has made claim to Chris' attendance on occasion which I believe is authentic. Nevertheless, it should be noted that they have a direct link to YESWORLD which makes communicating with their fans a tad easier should they be so inclined.

Ed has always preferred a more low-key approach here at YT which I personally prefer. This place appears to attract a more refined lot, intelligent and insightful with less fluff. Don't get me wrong, YESfans is a fine site, but comparatively speaking, the shine of polish glistens like the sun here. No other site can make that claim. Perhaps then, the members of YES when they do frequent our establishment, are in tune to this notion and tend to keep the faith. So be it!
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"

fragilesi
Starship Trooper

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:42 pm

Okay, finally I'll come clean, I am Chris Squire :D

Thoughtbecontact
Veteran Member

Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:50 am

While Chris himself may read postings on the internet, I think some of the others have "people" who do it for them. Jon is very internet aware, for one. I've also talked to people who have talked to Alan, and he has indicated from time to time that he's aware of postings in cyberspace regarding the band. So next time you see "guest," who knows?
AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH

proghead
Veteran Member

Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:01 pm

I guess we will only know for sure when 'N2YES' ends up in the lyrics some where. Then everyone will ask what deep meaning does this have? But us here at YesTalk will know exactly.
Progressive will never be a popular form of music simply due to the fact that the average person has a 'attention span' of less than three minutes with a simple beat.

wild_westie
Starship Trooper

Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:24 pm

I posted the thread never thinking that Steve would read it. I just thought I'd wish him a happy birthday and then let anyone post what his music has meant to them. To me, he his a master of masters with the guitar. I love my collection of his solo work.

shedend
Veteran Member

Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:14 pm

fragilesi wrote:Okay, finally I'll come clean, I am Chris Squire :D
Simon, or Chris ? I think you'd better change your location, nothing against Pompey except the football club and Fred Dinage :eek: but I thought you could have chosen somewhere more in keeping with the image :D

Rick?? Sorry Dave

moodyblue
Veteran Member

Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:23 am

It's a very difficult question to answer but i guess if you put yourself in their shows and try and imagine if you would have the inclination to bother to surf the web in search of Yes sites, who knows really. I think i am correct in saying that this forum is closely related to the actual band site then i think it is certainly not beyond possibility that they might have wandered here from time to time. I guess all that time in hotel rooms on tour must be filled with something !
I certainly know that Phil Collins has been taking the time the last year or so to read his fan forums board quite alot, even respondiong from time to time to some of the questions raised so it shows that he has the awareness to want to see what's being written about him.

Roan's Lady

Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:34 am

moodyblue wrote:It's a very difficult question to answer but i guess if you put yourself in their shows and try and imagine if you would have the inclination to bother to surf the web in search of Yes sites, who knows really. I think i am correct in saying that this forum is closely related to the actual band site then i think it is certainly not beyond possibility that they might have wandered here from time to time. I guess all that time in hotel rooms on tour must be filled with something !
Yeah, I suppose it's not filled with throwing TVs out the window or hanging out with selected female audience members! ]
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

topographic_drama1980
Starship Trooper

Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:09 am

Like the song, "It Can Happen."
Ascend and Create!

tomas

Mon May 02, 2005 7:34 pm

I would say , most likely, Yes! YesTalk is pretty easy to find. I would be suprised if they haven't been here from time to time.

tardistraveler

Tue May 03, 2005 4:25 pm

I DO know that Chris has visited YesFans. Other than that, I have no direct knowledge, but wouldn't be surprised if band members, or those close to the band, stumble into Yes sites from time to time. . . . ;)