'Lift me up' video

This is our general YEStalk area.
Drop in and say hi, and join or start a new Yes-related topic.

Moderator: N2yes

child-of-the-light
Veteran Member

'Lift me up' video

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:19 pm

I dont think ill ever learn everything about YES. Every time I go on the internet I find something new. I never heard of a 'Lift me up' video before. Take a look if you havnt seen it already.
http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/yes/videos.jhtml
[:idr]

shedend
Veteran Member

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:31 pm

Great link :D haven't seen those for years.

Terry Shea
Charter Member

Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:31 pm

Interesting link, but can anyone identify who some of these people are in this photo? I see Mr. White on the far left, Mr. Howe on the far right and Mr. Squire in the middle but who are these other chaps?
My personal myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/terryshea
My music myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/ahdubicke
Ignore the problem and it will go away.-some dead moron

Terry Shea
Charter Member

Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:15 am

Terry Shea wrote:Interesting link, but can anyone identify who some of these people are in this photo? I see Mr. White on the far left, Mr. Howe on the far right and Mr. Squire in the middle but who are these other chaps?
Actually I think they may be band members from White and The Syn, but why are they included in what should be a yes photo?
My music myspace page:

keric
Veteran Member

Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:43 am

Terry Shea wrote:Actually I think they may be band members from White and The Syn, but why are they included in what should be a yes photo?
May have been a promotional photo for the recent "More Drama" tour that was cancelled.

Terry Shea
Charter Member

Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:49 am

keric wrote:May have been a promotional photo for the recent "More Drama" tour that was cancelled.
Probably, but it's on the Yes video page and says Yes right above the photo.
My music myspace page:

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:03 am

Should have been
"YESYN"
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

topographic_drama1980
Starship Trooper

Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:32 am

I saw the video and it was really cool. I never, ever saw it before, not even on MTV or VH-1 or even VH-1 Classic. Excellent video. It was no surprise to me that Steve Howe wasn't in the video proper, just the live footage. I'm still wondering why this video isn't on the Greatest Video Hits DVD. It should have been added on as a bonus video or something. The VHS of GVH came out after the Union Tour started and it's a wonder why Lift Me Up wasn't on it. Huh. Come to think of it, this was actually the very last video Yes ever made wasn't? 'Cause I don't remember them doing a video or anything off of Talk at all. I know the last music video Yes made was for Don't Go and that's on the Yessymphonic DVD, but I highly doubt that it was ever played anywhere else. Oh well.

I do find it weird that VH1.com has a picture of the More Drama tour line-up, well part of it anyway. Who knows? Maybe it'll be the next Yes lineup, one hell of a supergroup! A 7-man Yes? Who woulda thunk it? :jestera:
Ascend and Create!

child-of-the-light
Veteran Member

Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:14 pm

It makes sense that VH1 showed the More Drama line up because they were going to sponsor the whole tour. Some venues had the Howe, Squire, and White shows listed as YES. [:idr]

N2yes
Starship Trooper

Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:24 am

Interesting....very interesting. Thanks for the link.
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"

Kalingzeye

Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:27 am

Awesome finds! Never seen either of those two videos before... so cool! :D :dazzler1:

khalpin
Starship Trooper

Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:54 pm

topographic_drama1980 wrote:I saw the video and it was really cool. I never, ever saw it before, not even on MTV or VH-1 or even VH-1 Classic. Excellent video. It was no surprise to me that Steve Howe wasn't in the video proper, just the live footage. I'm still wondering why this video isn't on the Greatest Video Hits DVD. It should have been added on as a bonus video or something. The VHS of GVH came out after the Union Tour started and it's a wonder why Lift Me Up wasn't on it. Huh. Come to think of it, this was actually the very last video Yes ever made wasn't? 'Cause I don't remember them doing a video or anything off of Talk at all. I know the last music video Yes made was for Don't Go and that's on the Yessymphonic DVD, but I highly doubt that it was ever played anywhere else. Oh well.

I do find it weird that VH1.com has a picture of the More Drama tour line-up, well part of it anyway. Who knows? Maybe it'll be the next Yes lineup, one hell of a supergroup! A 7-man Yes? Who woulda thunk it? :jestera:
I think it was because Yes changed record Labels. They were on Atlantic up through Big Generator, which is who released the GVH video. Then they changed labels for Union.

syntfyd

Good Find

Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:41 am

We thought that was relatively a good song for top 20 pop charts but as usual, air and video play was short lived. I still like 'imperial' ! It seemed the only word to fit!

Ed1909
Starship Trooper

Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:35 am

syntfyd wrote:We thought that was relatively a good song for top 20 pop charts but as usual, air and video play was short lived. I still like 'imperial' ! It seemed the only word to fit!
Welcome to Yestalk syntfyd.
Who are you? :)
High vibration go on...

ImstillYesmam
Veteran Member

Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:35 am

topographic_drama1980 wrote:I saw the video and it was really cool. I never, ever saw it before, not even on MTV or VH-1 or even VH-1 Classic. Excellent video. It was no surprise to me that Steve Howe wasn't in the video proper, just the live footage. I'm still wondering why this video isn't on the Greatest Video Hits DVD. It should have been added on as a bonus video or something. The VHS of GVH came out after the Union Tour started and it's a wonder why Lift Me Up wasn't on it. Huh. Come to think of it, this was actually the very last video Yes ever made wasn't? 'Cause I don't remember them doing a video or anything off of Talk at all. I know the last music video Yes made was for Don't Go and that's on the Yessymphonic DVD, but I highly doubt that it was ever played anywhere else. Oh well.

I think that's already been done,,,remember "UNION"?? LOL
Theres a time, and the time is now, and it's right for me,
Theres a word, and word is love, and it's right for me. [:yes]

topographic_drama1980
Starship Trooper

Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:04 am

That's true, Christine, but it was only 8 of them. LOL

It's still a cool video. :cool:
Ascend and Create!

EricBliss12345
Starship Trooper

Ha!

Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:24 am

I watched the "Lift Me Up" PREMIER on MTV! I turned it into an event in the household. This is at age 10 when I thought Yes had long retired and would never come back so I was thrilled about a new CD (which aged better than anticipated) and video.

I remember the top 20 countdown the next day at the end was trying to predict what videos would crack the next top 20 and Yes was a potential but it never quite made it. Surprise, surprise. lol

topographic_drama1980
Starship Trooper

Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:40 pm

Speaking of the "Lift Me Up" video, I was browsing around vh1.com and I discovered the ABWH videos for "Order Of The Universe" and "Quartet (I'm Alive)" and I never even knew that they made any music videos at all. I heard that they made a video for "Brother Of Mine," but I never saw it in my life. Both videos weren't too bad at all. OOTU was pretty heavily edited and was basically a live video with the studio version synched in and the I'm Alive video was an actual music video which was not shabby. Check 'em both out. They're very good.
Ascend and Create!

khalpin
Starship Trooper

Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:40 am

topographic_drama1980 wrote:Speaking of the "Lift Me Up" video, I was browsing around vh1.com and I discovered the ABWH videos for "Order Of The Universe" and "Quartet (I'm Alive)" and I never even knew that they made any music videos at all. I heard that they made a video for "Brother Of Mine," but I never saw it in my life. Both videos weren't too bad at all. OOTU was pretty heavily edited and was basically a live video with the studio version synched in and the I'm Alive video was an actual music video which was not shabby. Check 'em both out. They're very good.
The video for Brother of Mine is pretty bad. When I first got into Yes back in 1990, I bought every available VHS out there and there was a video called "In the Big Dream" which had 4 songs on it: Order of the Universe, I'm Alive, Brother of Mine and the live version of Heart of the Sunrise from the 'Evening of Yes Music Plus' show. Plus it had a bunch of 'in the studio' stuff which was kind of cool. I'll have to dig that out. But anyway, the Brother of Mine video had them all in crazy makeup and stupid dancers jumping on and off rocks in the Arizona desert or something. Really bad. I'm sure they'd all laugh if they saw it now. Not as bad as most 80s videos, but still pretty bad.

topographic_drama1980
Starship Trooper

Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:13 am

Really? I would find it very difficult to picture Steve Howe or Bill Bruford or even Rick in make-up. Jon, we've seen him in make-up before, but the other 3? :jestera:

Is that video still available at all?

I'll tell you what, I have to give it to VH-1.com, man! They have so many great videos available. Not very many for Yes, but more than what I thought of ABWH. I think I'm going to visit that site a little more often. :cool:
Ascend and Create!

khalpin
Starship Trooper

Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:22 pm

Ha ha ha! I just watched the Brother of Mine video again.
It's not on DVD so I couldn't do any framegrabs, but I hit pause
and took some pictures with my digital camera so you all could see them. Here they are:

Olias7
Starship Trooper

Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:37 am

topographic_drama1980 wrote:Really? I would find it very difficult to picture Steve Howe or Bill Bruford or even Rick in make-up. Jon, we've seen him in make-up before, but the other 3? :jestera:

Is that video still available at all?

Like khalpin says, the videos can be seen on the "In The Big Dream" VHs video by ABWH. It's never been released (not yet anyway) on DVD, so it's only available at this point on VHS. Well worth getting though ..... a very "feel good" documentary on the making of the ABWH album. :D
[:u]*** We don't even need to try - We are One! ***[:u]