I'm so outta here.

This is our general YEStalk area.
Drop in and say hi, and join or start a new Yes-related topic.

Moderator: N2yes

sschiffman

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:26 am

proghead wrote:God folks this is getting really ugly. And the problem is that it's getting ugly for no apparent reason. I hate to break anyone's bubble here, but I have never seen this web site very active and I've been here for many years now. I still like this site and the people here but I just accept the fact it's not that active and it's NOBODYS fault. That's why I, like a lot of people here, get on multiple music sites. There is nothing wrong with that. I also believe that this site isn't as active because there really isn't much to say about Yes anymore. It seems any off topic you can think of has been covered on here numerous times already. That might be why Alternate Tunes is more active. ANyone that complains about moderators should be available to be a moderator themselves. I personally would never want the responsibility therefore I would never complain about it.
I will attest to the fact that being a moderator is a bytch!

I didn't know that there was fighting on this Yes fan site as well. Why is there so much fighting on Yes fan sites? Obviously, we need a tour very badly.

FWIW, I thought Ray's initial goodbye post was really nice and polite and pretty neutral. I've met Ray a few times in person. He's a helluva guy. I don't think he has a malicious bone in his body.

Anyhow, have you hugged your Moderator today?

Roan's Lady

Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:22 am

sschiffman wrote:I will attest to the fact that being a moderator is a bytch!

I didn't know that there was fighting on this Yes fan site as well. Why is there so much fighting on Yes fan sites? Obviously, we need a tour very badly.

FWIW, I thought Ray's initial goodbye post was really nice and polite and pretty neutral. I've met Ray a few times in person. He's a helluva guy. I don't think he has a malicious bone in his body.

Anyhow, have you hugged your Moderator today?

Hey, Sheila, ahh well - fighting. I think people misunderstand and get misunderstood a lot. This mode of communication has its shortcomings, without the benefit of looking at the face and hearing the tone of the person with whom you're communicating - and often without the benefit of immediate response, much less verbally. Very unnatural. Likely, I'd form a different impression of many people if I actually met them. But if I don't meet them, I can only go by what I read, and that's all they have on me, as well. Just today I was IMing with someone who I've been friendly with for awhile, and we had a conversation during which we completely misunderstood each other. No one's fault - just trouble getting some points across when all we can do is tap tap tap our fingers on the keyboard as quickly as we can and guess as to whether or not the other person is done "speaking". Had we been face-to-face, things would have likely cleared up in five minutes. Instead, we are still working things out, to be continued when I don't have someplace to be (which he had no way of knowing) ten minutes after we start IMing. But that's just the way of things out here. It's so frustrating sometimes! So I take what I can from my online activities, and try to keep it real.
Anyway, thanks for your thoughts, Sheila, and good luck with your challenging moderating duties at Yesfans - no easy task I am sure. :)
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:42 am

As they do at YESFANS, let's settle this issue by......

Naked Wrestling......
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

sschiffman

Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:09 am

Roan's Lady wrote:Anyway, thanks for your thoughts, Sheila, and good luck with your challenging moderating duties at Yesfans - no easy task I am sure. :)
Boy, there's an understatement!

tardistraveler

Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:08 pm

tribute1969 wrote:As they do at YESFANS, let's settle this issue by......

Naked Wrestling......
Are you volunteering?

Or we could send our respective goats out to fight . . . ;)

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Save The Goats

Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:28 pm

We could do a "benefit" fundraiser for "Gracie" The Goat from Gallatin, TN.
Gracie was a pet goat that was displaced by the spring tornados......
Maybe Jodi/Wild Westie could broadcast it live......See if we concentrate on helping each other and our goats it'll make things better......Ray?
http://www.savegraciemay.com
http://www.susanmaddux.com/gracie/
Hotel California

Thoughtbecontact
Veteran Member

Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:21 pm

[quote="tardistraveler"]Are you volunteering?

Or we could send our respective goats out to fight . . . ]

Goats? You had better tell me about this one in an e-mail!
AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH

Relayer
Starship Trooper

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:48 am

tribute1969 wrote:We could do a "benefit" fundraiser for "Gracie" The Goat from Gallatin, TN.
Gracie was a pet goat that was displaced by the spring tornados......
Maybe Jodi/Wild Westie could broadcast it live......See if we concentrate on helping each other and our goats it'll make things better......Ray?
http://www.savegraciemay.com
http://www.susanmaddux.com/gracie/

Hold your horses, er goats, there is currently an investigation into the debit cards issued to those displaced goats, it seems some of the things charged to those accounts include, Trips to the BAA hammas, and Lambs Gone Wild videos.

NOTE: this is not meant to offend anyone other than goats, and in no way is meant to make lite the natural disasters of the past year.

IngnoZac
Starship Trooper

Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:10 am

I'd suggest coconuts then...

but do they migrate? I'm not quite sure...
If you read this line, remember not the hand that wrote it
Remember only the verse, songmaker`s cry, the one without tears
For I`ve given this its strength and it has become my only strength.

Roan's Lady

Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:21 am

Relayer wrote:Hold your horses, er goats, there is currently an investigation into the debit cards issued to those displaced goats, it seems some of the things charged to those accounts include, Trips to the BAA hammas, and Lambs Gone Wild videos.

NOTE: this is not meant to offend anyone other than goats, and in no way is meant to make lite the natural disasters of the past year.
LOL, BAA hammas, that was so bad that it's good. :jestera:

Just be careful, Relayer, as there may be some goats lurking around this site, and we certainly wouldn't want to offend them. ;)
~moon safari

N2yes
Starship Trooper

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:42 am

IngnoZac wrote:I'd suggest coconuts then...

but do they migrate? I'm not quite sure...
Coconuts are non-migratory....for heaven's sake!! What are you thinking??? To the bridge of eternal Peril for you, buddy!
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"

Tomfoolery

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:15 pm

And what is your favourite colour?
"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:15 pm

Here's the script where the Monty Python/Holy Grail actors discuss coconuts..
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071853/usercomments

I bet goats could be used to aid coconuts migrate....
N2yes wrote:Coconuts are non-migratory....for heaven's sake!! What are you thinking??? To the bridge of eternal Peril for you, buddy!
Hotel California

Relayer
Starship Trooper

Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:42 pm

tribute1969 wrote:Here's the script where the Monty Python/Holy Grail actors discuss coconuts..
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071853/usercomments

I bet goats could be used to aid coconuts migrate....
I suppose these Goats will do the jobs Sparrows won't do then?

Note: This in no way dissparges Sparrows, for they have tiny little beaks and Will peck at you if insulted by Goats.

More Notes: This in no way condones the pecking of Goats by Sparrows, African or European.

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:27 pm

Ray
Just tell the truth
your leaving because you miss me

C

relayer4u
Starship Trooper

Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:23 am

yesman90125 wrote:Ray
Just tell the truth
your leaving because you miss me

C

Yup, that's part of it all.

I returned today to wish Nolan a happy Birthday on YesTalk, because I know he would appreciate such a thing.

My will says I'll continue to show up and post on occasion, and if we are blessed by another Yes tour I will help every one here that I can if finances allow. It's something I've become very good at.

Something I'm lacking in is an ability to convey my feelings in a clear manner.

I had become unhappy with YesTalk's lack of meaningful (to me) activity and felt that I should try to help, or stir the pot, whatever you want to call it.

Call me whatever you want, I just thought a jolt would help get things going. The listed folks are people I dearly love to read and interact with, and with some or many of them missing on a daily basis, it was my feeble attempt to call them back into activity.

No hard feelings were intended for anyone here. I forgot to include some folks on my list and also made some statements that were reactionary and defensive in nature.

It is the best I could come up with at that time. My apologies would likely be pretty worthless at this point, non the less I do offer them to any of you that feel slighted, offended, or singled out. I said what I did and the words are here to see.

Anyways, I'll keep an eye on all the people here at YesTalk, you can be sure of that.

Ray
Ray C. [:f3]

"This to just remind you, All is meant to be."

yes_angel
Veteran Member

Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:28 pm

YEStalk os a cool place,,,,but we do need a tour!!! :D

Roan's Lady

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:42 pm

relayer4u wrote:Yup, that's part of it all.

I returned today to wish Nolan a happy Birthday on YesTalk, because I know he would appreciate such a thing.

My will says I'll continue to show up and post on occasion, and if we are blessed by another Yes tour I will help every one here that I can if finances allow. It's something I've become very good at.

Something I'm lacking in is an ability to convey my feelings in a clear manner.

I had become unhappy with YesTalk's lack of meaningful (to me) activity and felt that I should try to help, or stir the pot, whatever you want to call it.

Call me whatever you want, I just thought a jolt would help get things going. The listed folks are people I dearly love to read and interact with, and with some or many of them missing on a daily basis, it was my feeble attempt to call them back into activity.

No hard feelings were intended for anyone here. I forgot to include some folks on my list and also made some statements that were reactionary and defensive in nature.

It is the best I could come up with at that time. My apologies would likely be pretty worthless at this point, non the less I do offer them to any of you that feel slighted, offended, or singled out. I said what I did and the words are here to see.

Anyways, I'll keep an eye on all the people here at YesTalk, you can be sure of that.

Ray

I'm quite sure you'll do that - thanks for your post, Ray! Apology accepted. ;)
~moon safari

relayer4u
Starship Trooper

Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:18 am

[quote="Roan's Lady"]I'm quite sure you'll do that - thanks for your post, Ray! Apology accepted. ]

Thank you for your understanding.

:D

All is meant to be.

proghead
Veteran Member

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:26 am

Ray I'll say the same thing as I do to Wakeman when he returns to the band. WELCOME BACK!
Progressive will never be a popular form of music simply due to the fact that the average person has a 'attention span' of less than three minutes with a simple beat.

perpetualchanger
Starship Trooper

Ray, I wish you wouldn't go ...

Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:07 pm

... but if you must, you must have your reasons.

I haven't been around much myself, and I used to be one of the major conversation starters around here. I'm even still a ForumOp though I haven't deserved it for some time, but Ed is a loyal person and hasn't deserted me even though I've somewhat deserted him. (Thank you, Ed, for all that you have done and continue to do here.)

What hasn't come up yet is that Ray is probably hurting a little bit and that contributes to his departure.

I think we're all hurting, because there's been nothing new from Yes since Rick's return and we were all so excited because we ASSUMED there would be something new forthcoming rather quickly. What a disappointment.

That being said, there is (at least by my perception) a lack of new things Yes to discuss. That in turn leads to a lack of participation here, because some of us have said everything we want to say about Yes and then some. It's tough to talk about how much Drama sucks (love you Ray, you know I'm just kidding) when you've said it for the umpteenth million time and you're just about willing to cut open a vein and bleed for Yes if that's what it takes for them to do something new.

I think another problem has been that the life circumstances of some of our more vocal members (me being chief amongst this group) have things going on in their offline lives that have made it difficult for them to be around here.

I want you all to know that Ray is a loyal person to a fault. He followed my internet radio show for years and even followed me to another station when I found the need to switch stations. He certainly didn't have to do that.

Ray's a good person who has found the need to move on and wanted to say some fond farewells. Nothing wrong with that.

Ray, I hope someday you'll change your mind and come back. You really contributed something here and you'll always have a place of respect with me.
Michele Hriciso
My personal site:
http://www.bikerbitchblog.com

Roan's Lady

Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:05 am

That's a nice post, Michele. You're clearly a good friend to Ray and he to you.

Well, we could all sit around and talk about...umm....what the last thing we ate was?

No?

How about our favorite cartoon character?

No?

Oh, all right, skip it then!

;)
~moon safari

tardistraveler

Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:16 am

Or, we could talk about what we ALWAYS talk about when things get boring around here . . . :D

Dr_Yes

Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:20 am

perpetualchanger wrote:... but if you must, you must have your reasons.

I haven't been around much myself, and I used to be one of the major conversation starters around here. I'm even still a ForumOp though I haven't deserved it for some time, but Ed is a loyal person and hasn't deserted me even though I've somewhat deserted him. (Thank you, Ed, for all that you have done and continue to do here.)

What hasn't come up yet is that Ray is probably hurting a little bit and that contributes to his departure.

I think we're all hurting, because there's been nothing new from Yes since Rick's return and we were all so excited because we ASSUMED there would be something new forthcoming rather quickly. What a disappointment.

That being said, there is (at least by my perception) a lack of new things Yes to discuss. That in turn leads to a lack of participation here, because some of us have said everything we want to say about Yes and then some. It's tough to talk about how much Drama sucks (love you Ray, you know I'm just kidding) when you've said it for the umpteenth million time and you're just about willing to cut open a vein and bleed for Yes if that's what it takes for them to do something new.

I think another problem has been that the life circumstances of some of our more vocal members (me being chief amongst this group) have things going on in their offline lives that have made it difficult for them to be around here.

I want you all to know that Ray is a loyal person to a fault. He followed my internet radio show for years and even followed me to another station when I found the need to switch stations. He certainly didn't have to do that.

Ray's a good person who has found the need to move on and wanted to say some fond farewells. Nothing wrong with that.

Ray, I hope someday you'll change your mind and come back. You really contributed something here and you'll always have a place of respect with me.

Hey Michele!

Good to hear from you. Nice to see an old (not literally), familiar face re-visiting YesTALK. I agree with much of what you say (except about Drama!). A lot of the problems are to do with Yes's inactivity and I for one am not that confident about the plans to reform in 2007 even. I expect it will be more nostalgia and a DVD to empty our pockets. But there won't be any new music.

Hope I am awrong though.

Dave.
[CENTER]Monkey Funch World - The Home of Monkey Magic:
www.myspace.com/monkeyfunch

www.monkeyfunch.com[/CENTER]

Thoughtbecontact
Veteran Member

Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:40 am

I'm afraid you are correct, Dave. There is little chance of them doing anything in 2007 and if 2008 does occur, it will probably be something to capitalize on the 40th anniversary. I doubt there will be any new material.

That's why we changed the structure of AGP somewhat. We want the site to remain viable in the event that the Yes men never do seriously get back together.
AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH

relayer4u
Starship Trooper

Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:36 am

[quote="Roan's Lady"]That's a nice post, Michele. You're clearly a good friend to Ray and he to you.

Well, we could all sit around and talk about...umm....what the last thing we ate was?

No?

How about our favorite cartoon character?

No?

Oh, all right, skip it then!

]

Hey, feel free to delete the whole thing if you want to.

Despite the ruse aspect, many folks that I have missed for too long have spoke up and I love it!

Thanks for ALL of your comments, you great YesTalk people!

Roan's Lady

Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:59 am

relayer4u wrote:Hey, feel free to delete the whole thing if you want to.

Despite the ruse aspect, many folks that I have missed for too long have spoke up and I love it!

Thanks for ALL of your comments, you great YesTalk people!
I wouldn't dream of deleting this thread, Ray.

Thanks for ALL of your comments, as well! :D
~moon safari

sound_chaser

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:09 pm

The trouble is Ray, as Peter Gabriel told us all those years ago: You've gotta get in to get out!

perpetualchanger
Starship Trooper

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:39 am

relayer4u wrote:
Ruse? Don't make me come out there and run you over with your own motorcycle! Dang it, Ray, I ought to break my Mike Portnoy-signed drum head over your head, which would give me an excuse to meet him again. :)
Michele Hriciso
My personal site:
http://www.bikerbitchblog.com

relayer4u
Starship Trooper

Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:39 am

Little known fact:

Michele had 7th row center seats for a Yes show but had to bail beacuse of work probation...

...she just may be the busyest yesfan I've ever met.