I'm so outta here.

This is our general YEStalk area.
Drop in and say hi, and join or start a new Yes-related topic.

Moderator: N2yes

Relayer
Starship Trooper
Posts: 1200
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:19 pm

Post: # 98470Post Relayer
Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:15 am

MIchelle and Ray, It's good to see both of you back.

Smatt
Active Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:51 am
Location: LA area, ca, USA.

Post: # 98507Post Smatt
Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:50 pm

Dr_Yes wrote:Hey Michele!

Good to hear from you. Nice to see an old (not literally), familiar face re-visiting YesTALK. I agree with much of what you say (except about Drama!). A lot of the problems are to do with Yes's inactivity and I for one am not that confident about the plans to reform in 2007 even. I expect it will be more nostalgia and a DVD to empty our pockets. But there won't be any new music.

Hope I am awrong though.

Dave.
I wouldn't be so sure aobut all of that Dave..... :)
Signed,

"Dreamer easy in the chair that really fits you"

Matt

User avatar
Chris2210
Posts: 2150
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 5:00 pm
Location: Huddersfield, Yorkshire, United Kingdom.

Post: # 98512Post Chris2210
Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:01 am

Smatt wrote:I wouldn't be so sure aobut all of that Dave..... :)
If you've got some dirt I hereby invoke Yestalk Membership Rule 19a subsection 3a paragraph 4 - you've got to blab.

Otherwise we take the kidneys. Hey, I didn't make the rules. I just get to wipe the blades (tchh, looking quite rusty I'm afraid). ;)
I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.

Relayer
Starship Trooper
Posts: 1200
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:19 pm

Post: # 98517Post Relayer
Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:01 am

[quote="Chris2210"]If you've got some dirt I hereby invoke Yestalk Membership Rule 19a subsection 3a paragraph 4 - you've got to blab.

Otherwise we take the kidneys. Hey, I didn't make the rules. I just get to wipe the blades (tchh, looking quite rusty I'm afraid). ]

On 91a do we use the Bathtub full of ice?

User avatar
Chris2210
Posts: 2150
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 5:00 pm
Location: Huddersfield, Yorkshire, United Kingdom.

Post: # 98520Post Chris2210
Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:53 am

Relayer wrote:On 91a do we use the Bathtub full of ice?
To inhibit bleeding before applying the Dremel to the spinal chord?

Yes, but I didn't want to go frightening the poor fellah...
I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.

Relayer
Starship Trooper
Posts: 1200
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:19 pm

Post: # 98521Post Relayer
Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:59 pm

Chris2210 wrote:To inhibit bleeding before applying the Dremel to the spinal chord?

Yes, but I didn't want to go frightening the poor fellah...

I won't say anything about it then

perpetualchanger
Starship Trooper
Posts: 3506
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: South Side of the Sky
Contact:

Post: # 98522Post perpetualchanger
Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:12 pm

relayer4u wrote:Little known fact:

Michele had 7th row center seats for a Yes show but had to bail beacuse of work probation...

...she just may be the busyest yesfan I've ever met.
I still work way too much. I am forcing myself to check in so y'all won't completely hate me for not being here.
Michele Hriciso
My personal site:
http://www.bikerbitchblog.com

User avatar
Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:00 pm
Location: California, on the Edge of the Continent

Post: # 98524Post Greenglade's Frog
Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:19 pm

Inactivity. I think we are all preparing for WWIV.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Aventure
Veteran Member
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2001 7:31 am
Location: Boston, Mass, USA.

I am SO in here!

Post: # 98525Post Aventure
Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:48 pm

Hey, let's try to keep this place going. Alot of us (I think) feel kinship with other Yes fans and find solace in the goings-on at Yestalk. There have been lots of times when Yes wasn't touring...the Yes men will keep doing their music whether the band is on tour or not. There are plenty of things we can talk about. here is a list:
1. Wakeman Anderson Tour
2. Asia Tour
3. the lost Mentor Ohio soundboard with Southside (anyone from Ohio?)
4. Conspiracy Three
5. Chris Squire live appearences
6. Alan white news:September 1st: Second Annual John Lennon Jam, Seattle Public Theater.
October 9th: John Lennon Tribute Concert, Stockholm Sweden
October 11th & 12th: Performances at the International Percussion Festival in southern Poland
7. Trevor Rabin - new soundtrack "The Guardian"
8. Trevor Horn- "Produced by" 25 years of work in a comp.
9. Geoff and John Wetton "Icon" tour Oct 2006, Icon studio album "Rubicon", Icon live album Sept 2006
10. LOTS of Moraz, Mainhorse, Refugee re-releases

wow! That's 10! ok...and if this doesnt work, I have backup plans.
Please, let's not ever fight, let's keep YesTALKin'!
Aventure
October 21st & 22nd: Vintage Drum show in Amsterdam, Holland
October 26th: Drum Clinic performance at The Cavern Club, Liverpool, England
"...sheep remain inside their pens, though many times they've seen the way to leave..."
-peter gabriel

User avatar
tribute1969
Starship Trooper
Posts: 3935
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: CTTE of Nashville, TN
Contact:

Post: # 98526Post tribute1969
Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:56 pm

Hate You!!? Not a chance! :)
We just hate you aren't here more with all your charisma, musical expertise..
Now Ray, that's another story...He still hasn't returned the goats to their rightful owner....where is Eric Bliss anyway??? :eek:
perpetualchanger wrote:I still work way too much. I am forcing myself to check in so y'all won't completely hate me for not being here.
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

User avatar
Dr_Yes
Posts: 1750
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2001 5:00 pm

Post: # 98539Post Dr_Yes
Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:26 am

Smatt wrote:I wouldn't be so sure aobut all of that Dave..... :)
I REALLY DO hope you're right Matt. Honestly. I'd love nothing more than to be proved wrong.

Here's to maybe meeting up some day on Yes's 40th reunion tour - Masterworks II sans Roundabout AGP and Starship Trooper.
[CENTER]Monkey Funch World - The Home of Monkey Magic:
www.myspace.com/monkeyfunch

www.monkeyfunch.com[/CENTER]

Mr. Stout
Veteran Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:30 am
Location: dividing time between Staten Island N.Y. and Freehold N.J.

I still exist!!!

Post: # 98863Post Mr. Stout
Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:42 pm

relayer4u wrote:I'm officially moving my home to that "other" Yes board. I'll miss a whole bunch of you folks very much. I'm sure that I'll come back here come tour time to see if I can help with info or advice but that will be about the limit of my participation here from now on.

You people rock:

Ed (admin): Thank you for all you do!
Chris
Diane
Nolan
Eric
Michele (miss you!)
Jack (miss you!)
Paula
Christine
Linda
Me Heffe Jeff (miss you bad!)
Simon
Ed (UK)
Tom
Chris (uk)
Dr Yes
Chris (Stout, miss you!)
qman
Ray (gates, miss you!)
Ken
Lyth (miss you!)
Ancient
Tater
Proghead
Shedend
eyesoflove1
Da Miz! (the truth hurts brother!)
Massos (miss you!)
Renato (miss you!)

It's been a hell of a ride and I really appreciate the support you all have given me through some tough times.

Just got to a point in life when it's time to move on.

Love ya people, we'll talk a bit when Jon is ready I guess.

[:yes]







I have not been on this site in over a year and ahalf. What motivated me to check this site out a few days ago is still a mystery to me.
For those who do not know of me, I`m Mr. Stout, formerly known as the legendary shitkicker `Stoutman' who was once a regular here posting back in 2002-2003. My forte was tearing Pabalum Phil Collins anew ashole every opportunity I could get.
And the reason why I came back on is to say thanks to a really great guy. Ray, for remembering me. Him and I had met a few years ago in a psorts bars at Vegas where we shot the breeze about the forum,music, sports, and just life in general while kicking back a few cold ones....I do appreciate being listed in the roll call, Ray.
As for me, I lost interst in the site. I also felt I had nothing valid to say whatsover after a while,plus reality gets in the way. I also had a falling out with a couple of people here which kind of left bad feelings. You wish you could change things around,but you know you can`t. So,its better just to move on.
Life with me is okay,not terrible, but things could always be alot worse, so i should never bemoan my lot.
I wont be a regular here anymore(lack of time precludes that) but I will come in and say hi to some of you who I do remember fondly. You know who you all are.
But before I go, what is the deal with Asia reforming???? God almighty!! I rather see Yes reform again, or I`ll even take Wetton in King Crimson. I guess the nostalgia pull from the 80`s is still strong. Oh, well, shit happens.
Well, anyways, good talkin to yas,,,

relayer4u
Starship Trooper
Posts: 1386
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2001 10:21 am
Location: The Wild West

Post: # 98866Post relayer4u
Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:01 am

Hey Chris!

Good to see ya, at least once in a while.

Shoot me an email at cox dot net, if you get a chance.

I always miss good peoples company.
Ray C. [:f3]

"This to just remind you, All is meant to be."

User avatar
Roan's Lady
Posts: 2835
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Buttered Rolls
Contact:

Post: # 98867Post Roan's Lady
Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:41 am

I'll take the reformation of Yes over that to Asia - a thousand times over!
Glad you stopped by, Chris, and I hope that down the road, you have the chance to connect with some of your friends here. I know that you are missed. :)
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

User avatar
Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:00 pm
Location: California, on the Edge of the Continent

Post: # 98870Post Greenglade's Frog
Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:38 am

Yeah, I once had the feeling that I should move on, but, in general, I don't like the Internet anyway, so I wouldn't go to any other site. Nobody lives in So. Cal either, and I hate driving to get anywhere in the massive sprawl of L.A.
The nature of my work allows for chatting on Yestalk, since I work alone at home, so it is a virtual "power lunch" , but with no relevance to my business.

It'd be better to live in a smaller town, but then I can imagine myself hanging out in some white trash bar shooting pool and watching sports on tv with some sweaty dudes with tatoos, baseball caps and unwashed and unconditioned long hair, razor stubble and mustaches, that still support Bush and like bestiality.

If I spent more time on another site, it'd be some free personals site, so I could line up a series of female dating prospects. I'll do that next year, and get herpes or something.

Instead of overdoing online time, I'd join a fitness club and buff weights and sidle up with newly hard abs and buttocks to some fitness club chick, but a lot maybe have AIDs and take steroids eventually, if not Bi, too....
not totally my style. Be interesting if one of them played classical violin..
Yesfans is OK. Too much of a hassle to navigate and also keep up with Yestalk. I met some in Orange C. and had a good time. I assume they are similar to Yestalkers. Its a hassle to drink at a Yes convention and then have to drive on the freeway for an hour..

....
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

User avatar
tribute1969
Starship Trooper
Posts: 3935
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: CTTE of Nashville, TN
Contact:

Post: # 98872Post tribute1969
Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:19 am

So you've been to Tennessee?? I live in a small town outside of Nashville that is still run by the locals but it's "Five To One"..(Doors reference...lol) of newcomer, outsiders so soon we will have the numbers to take over.....banning Bush and bestiality......well at least Bush....
There is "Catfish Club" at the local school....they go on field trips as far away as Canada...in search of catfish....didn't know Canada had catfish, anyway what really gives me hope for the future is the fact that Adrian Belew is a fulltime resident, Robert Fripp lives here part time and the other folks that come in and out of King Crimson come to live and record here throughout the year.....Kings of Leon also are from here and reside here when not on tour...the rest are at the pool halls, bowling alleys and as far as I know I am the only active Yestalker in the entire town....I think I may be able to get Adrian and Fripp to join.....I'll try.....

Greenglade's Frog wrote:Yeah, I once had the feeling that I should move on, but, in general, I don't like the Internet anyway,

It'd be better to live in a smaller town, but then I can imagine myself hanging out in some white trash bar shooting pool and watching sports on tv with some sweaty dudes with tatoos, baseball caps and unwashed and unconditioned long hair, razor stubble and mustaches, that still support Bush and like bestiality.

....
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

proghead
Veteran Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 9:49 am

Hello Stoutman

Post: # 98897Post proghead
Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:49 pm

I'll be damn! I remember Stoutman! That was ages ago. How are you doing? How's that fan club you started for Phil Collins? Is that still going strong?
Progressive will never be a popular form of music simply due to the fact that the average person has a 'attention span' of less than three minutes with a simple beat.

Mr. Stout
Veteran Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:30 am
Location: dividing time between Staten Island N.Y. and Freehold N.J.

Will do...

Post: # 98925Post Mr. Stout
Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:24 pm

relayer4u wrote:Hey Chris!

Good to see ya, at least once in a while.

Shoot me an email at cox dot net, if you get a chance.

I always miss good peoples company.
Thanks, Ray,good to talk to you again. And I compose that e-mail when I get some time. You can count on that....

Mr. Stout
Veteran Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:30 am
Location: dividing time between Staten Island N.Y. and Freehold N.J.

Thanks....

Post: # 98926Post Mr. Stout
Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:26 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:I'll take the reformation of Yes over that to Asia - a thousand times over!
Glad you stopped by, Chris, and I hope that down the road, you have the chance to connect with some of your friends here. I know that you are missed. :)
.. for the nice comments, Amy......

Mr. Stout
Veteran Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:30 am
Location: dividing time between Staten Island N.Y. and Freehold N.J.

It`s hardly a thought nowadays.

Post: # 98927Post Mr. Stout
Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:35 pm

proghead wrote:I'll be damn! I remember Stoutman! That was ages ago. How are you doing? How's that fan club you started for Phil Collins? Is that still going strong?
Mr.Prog, thanks for asking. Im still kicking. And I do remember that talk we had sometime ago about Collins in the chatroom. Personally, I feel he doesnt wreak havoc anymore like he did when his solo careeer was at it`s apex and he stopped being anything of consequence in the mid -90`s. He`s more synomonous with cartoon kiddie music. Its a genre that`s appropiate for a joke such as him. Let him stay in that category.
But believe it or not, I wouldn`t be adverse to seeing him behind the kit for a Genesis reuinion,if such a thing would happen. As long as his ass is crazy glued to the drum seat and he his mouth is taped shut.

User avatar
N2yes
Starship Trooper
Posts: 5443
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Concord, New Hampshire, USA.
Contact:

Post: # 98952Post N2yes
Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:28 pm

Well, well! If it isn't the Stoutman himself. Good to see ya 'round these parts young man. You have been missed. Stick around this time, buddy. Everytime a reg falls out of the proverbial herd, it creates a vaccuum. Hope life is treating ya well, Chris!
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"

User avatar
Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:00 pm
Location: California, on the Edge of the Continent

Post: # 98956Post Greenglade's Frog
Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:10 pm

Eric Bliss hasn't been around. That guy was funny!
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Mr. Stout
Veteran Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:30 am
Location: dividing time between Staten Island N.Y. and Freehold N.J.

Post: # 99139Post Mr. Stout
Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:10 am

N2yes wrote:Well, well! If it isn't the Stoutman himself. Good to see ya 'round these parts young man. You have been missed. Stick around this time, buddy. Everytime a reg falls out of the proverbial herd, it creates a vaccuum. Hope life is treating ya well, Chris!
Now there goes a tremendous gentleman, Mr. N2Yes, the nicest guy I never met.
Life has not been cruel to me lately so I can 't compalin.. And thanks for the nice welcome back. I`m sorry it took so long to get back to you. That gives you an idea of how busy I have been. And it`s great to see an old mainstay still habituating these parts.

guilddigger
Starship Trooper
Posts: 4578
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2001 6:13 am
Location: Umeå, Sweden.

Post: # 99228Post guilddigger
Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:16 pm

hi chris! welcome back, sir!
great tosee you here again. i have not been very active myself the past year or so, more of a lurking regular sort of.
anyway, it's great to see you are allright buddy.
"heaven is all around translated to sound" - michael hedges

Gary
Charter Member
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:46 pm
Location: Westchester, NY

Remeber Romper Room?

Post: # 99264Post Gary
Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:26 pm

The woman never mentioned my name when she looked through the mirror with no glass in it. That truely bothered me.

Somehow my name being left off of the original post didn't bother me.

I read this thread and had a very good time. I too took the original post to be very arrogant. The tile only: "I'm so outta here". My first though was don't let the door hit you in the ass!. But then I read on. There was an explaination and some kind of an apology. Of course the explaination was nonsense and there was some back peddling. All it takes is a little thought before you hit the submit button to act, and come across like an adult.

Good to see some things never change.

User avatar
Dr_Yes
Posts: 1750
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2001 5:00 pm

Post: # 99275Post Dr_Yes
Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:22 am

Mr. Stout wrote:I have not been on this site in over a year and ahalf. What motivated me to check this site out a few days ago is still a mystery to me.
For those who do not know of me, I`m Mr. Stout, formerly known as the legendary shitkicker `Stoutman' who was once a regular here posting back in 2002-2003. My forte was tearing Pabalum Phil Collins anew ashole every opportunity I could get.
And the reason why I came back on is to say thanks to a really great guy. Ray, for remembering me. Him and I had met a few years ago in a psorts bars at Vegas where we shot the breeze about the forum,music, sports, and just life in general while kicking back a few cold ones....I do appreciate being listed in the roll call, Ray.
As for me, I lost interst in the site. I also felt I had nothing valid to say whatsover after a while,plus reality gets in the way. I also had a falling out with a couple of people here which kind of left bad feelings. You wish you could change things around,but you know you can`t. So,its better just to move on.
Life with me is okay,not terrible, but things could always be alot worse, so i should never bemoan my lot.
I wont be a regular here anymore(lack of time precludes that) but I will come in and say hi to some of you who I do remember fondly. You know who you all are.
But before I go, what is the deal with Asia reforming???? God almighty!! I rather see Yes reform again, or I`ll even take Wetton in King Crimson. I guess the nostalgia pull from the 80`s is still strong. Oh, well, shit happens.
Well, anyways, good talkin to yas,,,

Hey Stout(man),

Good to hear from You. I know what you mean about not visiting as much. I got Yes burnout bigtime and found I'd said all I could that I wanted to. But it's a nice place to 'meet up' with old friends. So keep in touch if you can.

Of course it's not helped by Yes being so far in decline these days. There's really not much to talk about on the Yes front anymore other than a few solo projects that aren't worth the money to watch - IMO.

Dave.
[CENTER]Monkey Funch World - The Home of Monkey Magic:
www.myspace.com/monkeyfunch

www.monkeyfunch.com[/CENTER]

Mr. Stout
Veteran Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:30 am
Location: dividing time between Staten Island N.Y. and Freehold N.J.

Post: # 99291Post Mr. Stout
Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:36 pm

guilddigger wrote:hi chris! welcome back, sir!
great tosee you here again. i have not been very active myself the past year or so, more of a lurking regular sort of.
anyway, it's great to see you are allright buddy.
Thanks, Tom, And I hope life is okay in your corner of the world...

Mr. Stout
Veteran Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:30 am
Location: dividing time between Staten Island N.Y. and Freehold N.J.

Post: # 99293Post Mr. Stout
Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:41 pm

Dr_Yes wrote:Hey Stout(man),

Good to hear from You. I know what you mean about not visiting as much. I got Yes burnout bigtime and found I'd said all I could that I wanted to. But it's a nice place to 'meet up' with old friends. So keep in touch if you can.

Of course it's not helped by Yes being so far in decline these days. There's really not much to talk about on the Yes front anymore other than a few solo projects that aren't worth the money to watch - IMO.

Dave.
And the good Dr. Yes in the house... Yes, it`s great to hear from you....And I know you had some trouble going on in your life last time I was here, and I hope it`s all behind you as much as that can be..
I`m not going to waste my money on Yes solo projects and it really is a sad time when Howe chooses to reunite with Asia...Don`t get me started....

Mr. Stout
Veteran Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:30 am
Location: dividing time between Staten Island N.Y. and Freehold N.J.

Post: # 99294Post Mr. Stout
Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:45 pm

Gary wrote:The woman never mentioned my name when she looked through the mirror with no glass in it. That truely bothered me.

Somehow my name being left off of the original post didn't bother me.

I read this thread and had a very good time. I too took the original post to be very arrogant. The tile only: "I'm so outta here". My first though was don't let the door hit you in the ass!. But then I read on. There was an explaination and some kind of an apology. Of course the explaination was nonsense and there was some back peddling. All it takes is a little thought before you hit the submit button to act, and come across like an adult.

Good to see some things never change.
Maybe Ray was trying to stir up things around here. I dont believe he`ll ever leave here. Look at me...And if anything, it`s turned into old home week, at least for me .
Im really glad to see some of the old timers still here....That`s what you come back for mostly besides the love of music; the cameraderie...

User avatar
Roan's Lady
Posts: 2835
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Buttered Rolls
Contact:

Post: # 99296Post Roan's Lady
Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:20 am

Mr. Stout wrote: Im really glad to see some of the old timers still here....That`s what you come back for mostly besides the love of music; the cameraderie...
This is quite true, Mister. :)
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

Post Reply