Your First Time!

This is our general YEStalk area.
Drop in and say hi, and join or start a new Yes-related topic.

Moderator: N2yes

sound_chaser

Your First Time!

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:30 am

I know this is a pretty obvious thread (that will have been done many times before.), but, we need to get some good YEStalk going again. So, what was your first introduction to Yes and do you still get the same buzz as you used to? For me, I have to go back to some time in 1971. The house I grew up in, was very close to the senior school. During the lunch breaks (as we got older.), some friends and I used to sneak out to have a crafty cigarette. One day, I put the TV on and there was a schools music program on. Suddenly, I became engrossed in the footage that was being shown of a band playing live. I had to wait until the end of the program to see the credits to find out that the band was called Yes. Soon after, my elder brother bought The Yes Album and when he played it, I realised that the song that I had been listening to was Yours Is No Disgrace. That song is still as fresh as when I first heard it and it makes my spine tingle even now whenever I hear that powerful intro. This was right at the start of what was to become a lifelong passion and, after everything that's happened in-between times, Yes is still an important part of my life. So how about you?

happytheman
Charter Member

Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:27 am

sound_chaser wrote:I know this is a pretty obvious thread (that will have been done many times before.), but, we need to get some good YEStalk going again. So, what was your first introduction to Yes and do you still get the same buzz as you used to? For me, I have to go back to some time in 1971. The house I grew up in, was very close to the senior school. During the lunch breaks (as we got older.), some friends and I used to sneak out to have a crafty cigarette. One day, I put the TV on and there was a schools music program on. Suddenly, I became engrossed in the footage that was being shown of a band playing live. I had to wait until the end of the program to see the credits to find out that the band was called Yes. Soon after, my elder brother bought The Yes Album and when he played it, I realised that the song that I had been listening to was Yours Is No Disgrace. That song is still as fresh as when I first heard it and it makes my spine tingle even now whenever I hear that powerful intro. This was right at the start of what was to become a lifelong passion and, after everything that's happened in-between times, Yes is still an important part of my life. So how about you?
You're right I think we have done this thread at least once before. Nevertheless my story is fairly typical. Older brother goes off to college and comes home for Christmas break and throws King Crimson's ITCOTCK, ELP's 1st and of course The Yes Album at me and says, put away your Grand Funk and Alice Cooper, here's some "REAL" music. Mind you I still pull out Grand Funk Live occasionally and Cooper still gets some "air time" but those 3 groups have remained at the top of my list ever since. Who says a college education doesn't get you anywhere!

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:39 pm

sound_chaser wrote:I know this is a pretty obvious thread (that will have been done many times before.), but, we need to get some good YEStalk going again. So, what was your first introduction to Yes and do you still get the same buzz as you used to? For me, I have to go back to some time in 1971. The house I grew up in, was very close to the senior school. During the lunch breaks (as we got older.), some friends and I used to sneak out to have a crafty cigarette. One day, I put the TV on and there was a schools music program on. Suddenly, I became engrossed in the footage that was being shown of a band playing live. I had to wait until the end of the program to see the credits to find out that the band was called Yes. Soon after, my elder brother bought The Yes Album and when he played it, I realised that the song that I had been listening to was Yours Is No Disgrace. That song is still as fresh as when I first heard it and it makes my spine tingle even now whenever I hear that powerful intro. This was right at the start of what was to become a lifelong passion and, after everything that's happened in-between times, Yes is still an important part of my life. So how about you?

Wow, great story! Your school playing a Yes concert on TV?!?

For me, it was around '78. I was in junior high school and totally devoted to surfing and skateboarding.
My friend went to a Yes concert with his sister, and then recorded a cassette copy of the Yessongs LP for me.
I listened to it all the time. It perfectly fused with the views I had of paddling out before sunrise and the offshore island off the coast.
It was something totally different. All the loud reverberant guitar and the Firebird Suite and all the trippy lyrics, album cover paintings, and strange time signatures....[} :) ]
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:47 pm

But I think the actual first time I heard YES was "Roundabout" on the radio, back in like '74.

My sister had secretly gotten the keys(she didn't have a license yet) to my mother's stationwagon and we were driving with another girl down a long road in a rural area overlooking the coast and Catalina Island in the distance.

So, I was about 10, and I thought that opening harmonics part was really neat, but I didn't really know who it was and didn't follow-up on it.

At that time KHJ in L.A. was a popular AM radio station, and they played Top 40 stuff, and that's mostly what I listened to. I don't think I even had a record player then. A few years later I bought my first album, KISS Alive.

So, I had forgotten about "Roundabout", until '78.

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:49 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote:But I think the actual first time I heard YES was "Roundabout" on the radio, back in like '74.

My sister had secretly gotten the keys(she didn't have a license yet) to my mother's stationwagon and we were driving with another girl down a long road in a rural area overlooking the coast and Catalina Island in the distance.

The view of Catalina Island, 26 miles off the Calif. coast, was the "mountains come out of the sky, and they stand there."

sound_chaser

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:53 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote:Wow, great story! Your school playing a Yes concert on TV?!?
No, it wasn't at school; it was at home during a (smoke) break. In England, they have schools TV during the day (more or less exclusively back then.) and it was just luck that I happened to turn the telly on and discover Yes.

Now come on people, we were all Yes virgins once: What's your story?

Chris2210

Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:46 pm

I came to Yes quite late. Growing up my two biggest musical obsessions were David Bowie and Queen (which seems a little dubious in some ways in hindsight), I still love 'em both, however ;) . A friend of mine had <i>Yesterdays</i> fairly early on and when I asked 'what they were like' I can remember his response: "A sort of puffy version of Bowie"! I can't honestly remember if I heard the album at the time.

I heard another friend's copy of <i>Close to the Edge</i> (title track) one lunchtime when I was just about sixteen and was a little underwhelmed by it. Heresy that it may seem, it still isn't a favourite. At around that time I had started buying second-hand albums from a shop in an arcade in Huddersfield and I picked up a copy of <i>The Yes Album</i>. By the age of 18 I had the full set, buying <i>Tormato</i> on the day it was released.

So I guess it was <i>The Yes Album</i> that hooked me - I'd say it's possibly still the best introduction for anyone fresh to the band and still fantastic in its own right.
I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.

Kalingzeye

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:29 pm

I first heard YES sometime in fall 1998. (Gosh, did I miss out or what?) Of course, I was 11 at the time and in 5th grade. ;) My dad had somehow persuaded me to help him rake the roof of our house, to get off fallen branches, leaves, and the like. It would be a long day, so he wired two speakers up through our porch door onto the roof and asked what I wanted to listen to. At the time, I didn't really listen to any music so I said he could pic. He told me to put on something called "Big Generator" by a group named YES- and the rest is history. We had a great time blasting 'Rythm of Love', quite literally, from the rooftop. (Looking back, our neighbors must've thought we'd really gone crazy, dancing around on the roof with rakes and loud 80s music... :p ) After that, I listened to my dad's copy of 90125 and decided I needed to really look into YES on my own. The first CD I ever bought for myself was YES's "Fragile" and I was hooked! :D

sound_chaser

Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:10 am

Chris2210 wrote:I came to Yes quite late. Growing up my two biggest musical obsessions were David Bowie and Queen (which seems a little dubious in some ways in hindsight), I still love 'em both, however ;) . A friend of mine had <i>Yesterdays</i> fairly early on and when I asked 'what they were like' I can remember his response: "A sort of puffy version of Bowie"! I can't honestly remember if I heard the album at the time.

I heard another friend's copy of <i>Close to the Edge</i> (title track) one lunchtime when I was just about sixteen and was a little underwhelmed by it. Heresy that it may seem, it still isn't a favourite. At around that time I had started buying second-hand albums from a shop in an arcade in Huddersfield and I picked up a copy of <i>The Yes Album</i>. By the age of 18 I had the full set, buying <i>Tormato</i> on the day it was released.

So I guess it was <i>The Yes Album</i> that hooked me - I'd say it's possibly still the best introduction for anyone fresh to the band and still fantastic in its own right.
I'd put Bowie right up there with Yes, with Queen a little way behind. My girlfriend (now wife.) was a huge Bowie fan and saw both the Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane tours. And for the Ziggy Stardust tour, there was an upcoming band supporting who just happened to be Queen!
Kalingzeye wrote:I first heard YES sometime in fall 1998. (Gosh, did I miss out or what?) Of course, I was 11 at the time and in 5th grade. ;) My dad had somehow persuaded me to help him rake the roof of our house, to get off fallen branches, leaves, and the like. It would be a long day, so he wired two speakers up through our porch door onto the roof and asked what I wanted to listen to. At the time, I didn't really listen to any music so I said he could pic. He told me to put on something called "Big Generator" by a group named YES- and the rest is history. We had a great time blasting 'Rythm of Love', quite literally, from the rooftop. (Looking back, our neighbors must've thought we'd really gone crazy, dancing around on the roof with rakes and loud 80s music... :p ) After that, I listened to my dad's copy of 90125 and decided I needed to really look into YES on my own. The first CD I ever bought for myself was YES's "Fragile" and I was hooked! :D
That’s a great story and kind of the other way round to how most people did it. So what did you think when you first heard Fragile after being used to the Rabin era material :icon_ques

Chris2210

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:31 pm

sound_chaser wrote:I'd put Bowie right up there with Yes, with Queen a little way behind. My girlfriend (now wife.) was a huge Bowie fan and saw both the Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane tours. And for the Ziggy Stardust tour, there was an upcoming band supporting who just happened to be Queen!
I didn't realise Queen had played support to Bowie early on. I never got to see Queen live and Bowie only in latter years.

I'd agree on your pecking order - Queen's material became a bit hit and miss from the 80s on - perhaps it was never that 'significant' at their height. Bowie on the other hand 'bestrides rock music history like a collosus' - he hasn't been cited as most influential artist of all time for nothing, after all. After his 80s nadir (what was it about that decade? - I blame Thatch ;) ), Bowie has come back with some cracking stuff, the <i>1.Outside-Earthling-Hours</i> trio being especially wonderful, IMO. The last two, more popular <i>Heathen</i> and <i>Reality</i> albums are enjoyable if a little predictable - I'm looking forward to a belter when he returns from his enforced rest. Probably more of a sure thing than another Yes album, I'm afraid.

Chris2210

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:38 pm

Lest we be accused of going off-topic in the main Yes forum, both Bowie and Queen have concrete links with Yes - free lifetime's membership to the Floating Ephemera Society for the first person to tell me what I'm thinking. ;)

Ed1909
Starship Trooper

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:49 pm

Chris2210 wrote:Lest we be accused of going off-topic in the main Yes forum, both Bowie and Queen have concrete links with Yes - free lifetime's membership to the Floating Ephemera Society for the first person to tell me what I'm thinking. ;)
It's not often I log on when at work but I had to take the bait!

Wakey has famously contributed to Bowie recordings (eg: Space oddity), and Steve has contributed to a Queen recording (Innuendo).

I trust my membership card is in the post :D
High vibration go on...

DocFederfeld

Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:42 pm

Ed1909 wrote:It's not often I log on when at work but I had to take the bait!

Wakey has famously contributed to Bowie recordings (eg: Space oddity), and Steve has contributed to a Queen recording (Innuendo).

And Tony Kaye played the keyboards during the famous "Thin White Duke"-Tour of Bowie in the mid 70's.

sound_chaser

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:41 pm

Well, that's something new I've learnt today: I never knew about the Innuendo, or Tony Kaye connections! Now, I knew that Bowie recorded Under Pressure with Queen and that he also recorded Fame with John Lennon and that Alan White used to drum for Lennon, so there's a connection there. I know that Alan White’s namesake used to drum with Oasis and I also know that My Brain Hurts!

purplewolfhound

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:43 pm

sound_chaser wrote:So how about you?
December 1983. I was 12 years old and riding home with my dad in the family car. As usual, I had control of the radio. And then on the local Top 40 channel came "Owner of a Lonely Heart." I always liked music that was a little quirky or somehow out of the ordinary, even back then, and the crazy drum breaks and horn blasts just made the song jump out of the speakers for me. Jon's voice was unusual, too, to my ears. And then Rabin's guitar solo brought it all home for me. I was hooked!

I went through two cassette copies of 90125 before I finally started working into the back catalog. I remember the next two albums I got were Classic Yes and Tormato on LP. The first one I put on was Classic Yes. "Heart of the Sunrise" absolutely floored me! I'd never heard anything like it. I knew then that this was a band I had to investigate much further.

Over the next year or so, I collected all of the Yes albums up to that point. I think the first time I heard "Close to the Edge" was on Yessongs. By the time the organ solo kicked into that fierce reading of "Seasons of Man," something clicked. At that point, I knew I was going to be a fan for life! Something transcendent happened for me at that moment. Yes grabbed hold of me like no other band ever has, and it has never let go.

Relayer and Drama were the last two albums I collected to finish out the catalog. "The Gates of Delirium" roared out of my headphones to become one of my favorite Yessongs ever ... if not my absolute favorite.

Nowadays, it's funny ... I'll find my tastes drifting off toward other bands and genres, and sometimes I'll go for months without listening to a Yes album. But somehow, I always come back around, and as soon as I do, I remember why I loved Yes so much from the moment I first heard 'em.
Political ends, as sad remains, will die.

sound_chaser

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:49 pm

purplewolfhound wrote:December 1983. I was 12 years old and riding home with my dad in the family car. As usual, I had control of the radio. And then on the local Top 40 channel came "Owner of a Lonely Heart." I always liked music that was a little quirky or somehow out of the ordinary, even back then, and the crazy drum breaks and horn blasts just made the song jump out of the speakers for me. Jon's voice was unusual, too, to my ears. And then Rabin's guitar solo brought it all home for me. I was hooked!

I went through two cassette copies of 90125 before I finally started working into the back catalog. I remember the next two albums I got were Classic Yes and Tormato on LP. The first one I put on was Classic Yes. "Heart of the Sunrise" absolutely floored me! I'd never heard anything like it. I knew then that this was a band I had to investigate much further.

Over the next year or so, I collected all of the Yes albums up to that point. I think the first time I heard "Close to the Edge" was on Yessongs. By the time the organ solo kicked into that fierce reading of "Seasons of Man," something clicked. At that point, I knew I was going to be a fan for life! Something transcendent happened for me at that moment. Yes grabbed hold of me like no other band ever has, and it has never let go.

Relayer and Drama were the last two albums I collected to finish out the catalog. "The Gates of Delirium" roared out of my headphones to become one of my favorite Yessongs ever ... if not my absolute favorite.

Nowadays, it's funny ... I'll find my tastes drifting off toward other bands and genres, and sometimes I'll go for months without listening to a Yes album. But somehow, I always come back around, and as soon as I do, I remember why I loved Yes so much from the moment I first heard 'em.
Excellent post, I know exactly what you mean: it's great the way you can take a lengthy break from Yes music and then something will drag you right back and the excitement kicks in all over again...I Love It!

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:26 pm

At this point, I avoid listenting to Yes whenever I can, but of course last night, I put on QPR vid.

I don't want overYes my ears and get sick of it. I would like to get CTTE album, which I haven't had for decades. That would get me back into the essential Yes.

I try to save Yes for special occassions.

Chris2210

Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:21 pm

Ed1909 wrote:It's not often I log on when at work but I had to take the bait!

No, I was thinking about fluffy little bunnies (the one's with fishnet tights and...) aahrumph, er yeah, you're bang on.

Unfortunately Floating Ephemera folded two minutes before you posted. How about, as an alternative, a free subscription to The Apathetic's Bi-Sept-Millennial Review (if anyone can be bothered to send it out)?

sound_chaser

Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:12 pm

Chris2210 wrote: How about, as an alternative, a free subscription to The Apathetic's Bi-Sept-Millennial Review (if anyone can be bothered to send it out)?
I would, but I can't be arsed!

Kalingzeye

Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:27 pm

sound_chaser wrote:That’s a great story and kind of the other way round to how most people did it. So what did you think when you first heard Fragile after being used to the Rabin era material :icon_ques
'

I thought it was KICK ASS! I must've listened to Fragile for 6 months straight... I doubt my original CD will even play now. Heart of the Sunrise was my favourite- I remember laying out in my front yard in the sun just listening to Fragile for hours...
Greenglade's Frog wrote:At this point, I avoid listenting to Yes whenever I can, but of course last night, I put on QPR vid.
I don't want overYes my ears and get sick of it. I would like to get CTTE album, which I haven't had for decades. That would get me back into the essential Yes.
I try to save Yes for special occassions.
Oh, me toooo. I must listen to YES in moderation (though it's sometimes hard)... I always listen to Magnification around Christmas time (that's when it first came out, so it's kind of like tradition to me), during our drive down to the shore each summer, and I always listen to Olias of Sunhillow when I get there. But lately I still can't keep my grubby paws off of Keystudio- the last album I bought to finish my collection. Which I'm still kicking myself for, btw. It's much too awesome.

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:21 am

Where does Kevin Bacon figure in????
sound_chaser wrote:Well, that's something new I've learnt today: I never knew about the Innuendo, or Tony Kaye connections! Now, I knew that Bowie recorded Under Pressure with Queen and that he also recorded Fame with John Lennon and that Alan White used to drum for Lennon, so there's a connection there. I know that Alan White’s namesake used to drum with Oasis and I also know that My Brain Hurts!
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:24 am

Go watch the movie Buffalo '66 with Christina Ricci and HOTS will never be the same.......
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118789/

Kalingzeye wrote:'

I thought it was KICK ASS! I must've listened to Fragile for 6 months straight... I doubt my original CD will even play now. Heart of the Sunrise was my favourite- I remember laying out in my front yard in the sun just listening to Fragile for hours...

Hotel California

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:28 am

Heard- College '71-'72.....radio play of Roundabout, sublime....
Attended- First LIVE Concert-Weekend in Atlanta '72 Yessongs Tour.....wow!
Hotel California

yesireebob

Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:56 pm

purplewolfhound wrote:Nowadays, it's funny ... I'll find my tastes drifting off toward other bands and genres, and sometimes I'll go for months without listening to a Yes album. But somehow, I always come back around, and as soon as I do, I remember why I loved Yes so much from the moment I first heard 'em.
Exactly.

I recently finished ripping all my CDs to my computer; according to I-Tunes, there are 695 of them, spanning 23 genres. Classical to death metal. Recent additions include the Decemberists, Tapes and Tapes, Beck, the Killers, and Christiana Aguilera. I am currently listening to Chroma Key. I just ordered TV on the Radio from Amazon.com. I spend WAY too much money on CDs and concerts. Last week, I went to see Roger Waters, and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. On consecutive nights. (I should probably join a support group.)

But there is nothing in that catalog that moves me the way Yes music does, not even close. And there is nothing like a Yes concert to send my soul soaring. This has been something I have been coming back to for the last 35 years, since I discovered Yes at age 15. Nobody gets this like a fellow Yes fan, and I am sure grateful for this forum and, you know, the other one. Before the internet, who knew so many people, of all different ages, all over the world, shared this experience?

Joedude

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:26 am

My brother got me the Fragile album as a Christmas or a birthday present (sorry, twas a while ago - my mind is a bit foggy on the exact date) when I was in junior high and I was captivated. However, I did not get another album until I was a senior in high school. Doesn't mean, however, that I didn't listen, just that I did not buy an album.

In retrospect I see Yess as a natural progression in my musical taste when I was growing up. I was weened on classical music (Mom was a pianist and church organist), went to jazz when I learned to play the trumpet, listened to fusion such as Chicago and BS&T when I discovered rock, and then went to Yes - good rock tunes with a symphonic-like feel.
This to just remind you
All is meant to be

tardistraveler

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:15 pm

Let's see, my first time was in 1971 . . .

Oh, you mean my first YES show! lol

My first Yes show was quite by accident in August, 1972 - same tour as Nolan's but in Memphis - we went there becaue another concert HERE was cancelled, so a friend suggested the road trip, and there we were.

I was totally mesmerized, and fell in love for life! :D

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:08 am

How about first time AT a YES show......?? anyone? anyone?? :p

tardistraveler wrote:Let's see, my first time was in 1971 . . .

Oh, you mean my first YES show! lol

My first Yes show was quite by accident in August, 1972 - same tour as Nolan's but in Memphis - we went there becaue another concert HERE was cancelled, so a friend suggested the road trip, and there we were.

I was totally mesmerized, and fell in love for life! :D
Hotel California

jackaranda
Veteran Member

Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:54 am

A summer night in 1975, riding in country with some friends, drinking tea. The driver put in Yessongs and I heard ISAGP and Starship Trooper back to back. That was a life changing experience, truly.[} :) ]
~ So if you choose to realize
All existence is a dream
This perfect resume to you from me ~

Jack [}:)]

Roan's Lady

Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:22 pm

ABout 30 years ago (!), I was in my mother's car (with my mother at the wheel) and "Roundabout" came on WPLJ, and I didn't feel "wow!!" or anything similar. What I felt was less tangible, I remember the feeling more than the thought that this music was nothing like my until-then-steady-diet of Peter Frampton, KC and the Sunshine Band, and the Bee Gees...this music had somehow lunged in deep, in the space of a few minutes - how this could be, I didn't know. A friend (the rabbi's daughter) had her bar mitzvah a week later, and I went to her house and listened to one of her presents - "Going For The One", Yes' newest release, and then it was WOW time - Judy Goldman's basement on a cold November day was the right place at the right time...buying GFTO at one of the several local record stores (boy, I miss those, or maybe just what I used to feel everytime I was in one), and unfolding it to see these somewhat-shaggy-looking fellas sitting around, and thinking, gosh, they don't look much like KC...my intrigue grew, and upon actually listening to the album (my second time doing so), I was hooked. In the next several months, I acquired most of their catalogue, and to the dismay of my mother, I ripped down my Bambi and Osmonds posters from my bedroom walls and covered every available inch of wall space in my with pictures of these shaggy, 30-something creatures who made the most amazing sounds I'd ever heard. Yes were probably my greatest discovery, as I think they were huge in facilitating the most significant changes in me...they set the stage, so to speak - but this is probably something most of you reading can relate to. No matter what Yes does in the future, long will they live, at least as long as I do. [:yes]
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

jgshetz

Love at first hear

Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:50 pm

The Summer of 1976, in my neighbor and best friend Pete's basement. It was Perpetual Change and And you and I from "Yessongs". I loved it right away. We would spend that summer exploring Yes music, under the influence of a variety of enhancements. I remember riding my bicycle to Nassau Coliseum to get tickets to a my first concert, from the Relayer tour. Thirty years and almost 40 concerts later, I fondly remember Yes represented in every significant time of my life. As cliche as it sounds, Yes truly has been the soundtrack to my life, and it's fabulous to be able to share my experiences with others who "get it". There is something truly amazing about the connection we feel to Yes music. I enjoy other music, and a lot of it, but nothing has the same kind of lifelong effect on me that Yes does. The 80's taught me this - to cherish and embrace every note of every song Yes releases, as you never know what might be the last. I have done that, and the magic of the last couple of tours with the classic lineup is unmatched, yet I fear we may have seen the last of the best. Sure, the guys will carry on in some form, and it will all produce flashes of the greatness we all now, but I am convinced that only a total team effort by Anderson, Howe, Squire, White and Wakeman will come close to the bar set by the most recent studio efforts. I remain optimistic that we'll hear at least one more of those. Amazing that after 30 years of my listening, the anticipation and promise of a new work makes me giddy!!
[:yes]
I speak from some sort of protection of learning, even though I make it up as I go on