Billy Sherwood saying hello...

This is our general YEStalk area.
Drop in and say hi, and join or start a new Yes-related topic.

Moderator: N2yes

Post Reply
Billy Sherwood HQ
Active Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103147Post Billy Sherwood HQ
Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:52 pm

[|)] Hello All,
Amy was kind enough to invite me to join the forum so I took her up on it. To all those I may already now hello again, and to those I have not yet met Hello ! I have become a bit active in the various YES/progrock forum loops and it's an honor to be included here as well, thanks !!

Cheers, Billy

http:www.myspace.com/circahq
http://www.billysherwood.com

User avatar
Kalingzeye
Posts: 1332
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:50 am

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103148Post Kalingzeye
Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:09 pm

Wow, welcome! :D I'd have to say you picked a nice forum- YEStalk is the best, IMHO. So cozy and homely. ;)
I'm on your and Circa's MySpace friend lists, btw- ahhh I'm so excited for it. Looove the stuff so far. I would've totally come to the gigs, but alas I'm in PA for the summer. D: Sigh.
Anyhoos, it's great to have ya on the boards! :p

User avatar
Roan's Lady
Posts: 2835
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Buttered Rolls
Contact:

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103150Post Roan's Lady
Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:18 pm

Billy Sherwood HQ wrote: [|)] Hello All,
Amy was kind enough to invite me to join the forum so I took her up on it. To all those I may already now hello again, and to those I have not yet met Hello ! I have become a bit active in the various YES/progrock forum loops and it's an honor to be included here as well, thanks !!

Cheers, Billy

http:www.myspace.com/circahq
http://www.billysherwood.com
Billy, I'm so pleased that you joined us!

I hope that you enjoy participating and sharing what's new with you and CIRCA:. I can guarantee that there are many here at YEStalk who would be quite interested to know the latest developments. Feel free to join in on any topic that strikes your fancy as well - we're about Yes and Yes-related music, but also much more.

It's an honor for us to welcome you here! :)
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

User avatar
N2yes
Starship Trooper
Posts: 5443
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Concord, New Hampshire, USA.
Contact:

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103157Post N2yes
Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:19 am

Certainly an honor to have you join us here at YEStalk, Billy. We bid you the very warmest of welcomes and hope that you'll stick around and get to know all these good people.
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"

Billy Sherwood HQ
Active Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103158Post Billy Sherwood HQ
Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:41 am

N2yes wrote:Certainly an honor to have you join us here at YEStalk, Billy. We bid you the very warmest of welcomes and hope that you'll stick around and get to know all these good people.

I'm in !! :D

User avatar
tribute1969
Starship Trooper
Posts: 3935
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: CTTE of Nashville, TN
Contact:

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103161Post tribute1969
Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:11 am

Welcome! and you "listen" to AMY.....she's about as bossy as Jon I suppose
Just happened to pu a copy of "House of Yes" video today at Nashville's Great Escape, unopened! I already have the dvd and cd so this will complete my collection from that release...
Just promise us you'll NEVER come to "Music City" and play country/bluegrass music like David Lee Roth, Robert Plant and Bon Jovi have this year.....
If you come to the outskirts of town in Mt Juliet where I live you're likely to bump into Adrian Belew, Robert Fripp and The Kings of Leon.

CIRCA should make a stop in Nashville someday soon..We've only had Steve Howe perform here (spring of 2006) since the Masterworks Tour stop in 2000.
Saw you perform here with YES at Starwood on the OYE Tour stop.....I remember Jon asking some guy that kept on screaming out "Freebird" if YES could play something else....Skynyrd had played Starwood about a week earlier. He was escorted out by security shortly after that....Also so you play with YES in Vegas on the TALK Tour stop at the Thomas and Mack. I was the Guest Services Manager at The Luxor Hotel and later The Monte Carlo before moving back home to Nashville. I did "leave" a few excellent memories IN Vegas.....

Better go before Amy disciplines me.......Thanks For Stopping By..... :cool:
Billy Sherwood HQ wrote: [|)] Hello All,
Amy was kind enough to invite me to join the forum so I took her up on it. To all those I may already now hello again, and to those I have not yet met Hello ! I have become a bit active in the various YES/progrock forum loops and it's an honor to be included here as well, thanks !!

Cheers, Billy

http:www.myspace.com/circahq
http://www.billysherwood.com
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

User avatar
Hydroponic
Veteran Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 8:23 pm
Location: Concord, New Hampshire, USA.
Contact:

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103170Post Hydroponic
Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:50 am

It's quite a shock to see that this place has more than just been acknowledged, but actually joined by someone well in to the prog rock scene. Salutations!
- Irony and contempt for the failed life seems fitting of this Mute Requiem. -

Quo Vadis - Mute Requiem (Point of No Return: Part One)

User avatar
Ed1909
Starship Trooper
Posts: 2236
Joined: Fri May 18, 2001 4:22 pm
Location: North Somerset, United Kingdom.

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103173Post Ed1909
Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:33 am

Welcome to Yestalk Billy :)

Here's hoping a European trip for Circa is viable! (please!)
High vibration go on...

User avatar
N2yes
Starship Trooper
Posts: 5443
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Concord, New Hampshire, USA.
Contact:

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103185Post N2yes
Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:21 pm

Billy, I must say that along with the rest of the bunch here, questions abound. Are you up to fielding a few or would rather become more acclimatized to the site first? That's presuming you may wish to even to respond to our myriad of questions. We hope so, but we will, of course, honor your wishes above all.
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"

EricBliss12345
Starship Trooper
Posts: 2507
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Castle, PA
Contact:

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103192Post EricBliss12345
Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:14 am

Wow. I get Rick Wakemans daughter on my myspace list now Billy Sherwood's on Yestalk. Picked a good time to come back! haha

Whaddup mang?

jackaranda
Veteran Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:12 am
Location: Kintukeee

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103215Post jackaranda
Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:32 pm

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit My Space.... [B)]
~ So if you choose to realize
All existence is a dream
This perfect resume to you from me ~

Jack [}:)]

User avatar
Tomfoolery
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2001 7:19 pm
Location: Newport News, VA

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103218Post Tomfoolery
Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:09 pm

Hello, Billy! Welcome to our little corner of the Yes universe! I'm glad Amy was able to convince you to join us and check out our ramblings....

I had the pleasure of seeing Yes twice with you in the band - once in VA Beach in 98 and then again in Boston in 99 at the Orpheum Theater. Actually, the one in Boston was my oldest son's first concert as well as his first Yes experience and he got to meet Igor, Chris and Alan after the show. Unfortunately, my brother (who was also with us) was suffering from the flu that night so we had to depart before the you, Steve and Jon came out... I was bummed, but sometimes difficult choices have to be made, and family comes first......

At that show, I actually met your wife Michi before the show at the Will Call window, and we sat in the same row directly across the center aisle from she and Igor's wife. I was on the aisle on the right, she and Igor's wife on the aisle to the left. She's a beautiful woman with a dazzling smile, and seemed very excited to be there to watch you on stage...

Again, welcome and it'll be very interesting to see you chime in on our various topics if you so choose....
"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"

Billy Sherwood HQ
Active Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103219Post Billy Sherwood HQ
Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:25 pm

N2yes wrote:Billy, I must say that along with the rest of the bunch here, questions abound. Are you up to fielding a few or would rather become more acclimatized to the site first? That's presuming you may wish to even to respond to our myriad of questions. We hope so, but we will, of course, honor your wishes above all.

Feel Free to ask away... FYI: I have a blog titled "Q and A" at www.myspace.com/billysherwoodhq as well as at www.myspace.com/circahq. I have fielded a bunch of questions from friends. Perhaps I might have answered a question you may have already. Take a look... ;)

Billy Sherwood HQ
Active Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103220Post Billy Sherwood HQ
Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:31 pm

Tomfoolery wrote:Hello, Billy! Welcome to our little corner of the Yes universe! I'm glad Amy was able to convince you to join us and check out our ramblings....

I had the pleasure of seeing Yes twice with you in the band - once in VA Beach in 98 and then again in Boston in 99 at the Orpheum Theater. Actually, the one in Boston was my oldest son's first concert as well as his first Yes experience and he got to meet Igor, Chris and Alan after the show. Unfortunately, my brother (who was also with us) was suffering from the flu that night so we had to depart before the you, Steve and Jon came out... I was bummed, but sometimes difficult choices have to be made, and family comes first......

At that show, I actually met your wife Michi before the show at the Will Call window, and we sat in the same row directly across the center aisle from she and Igor's wife. I was on the aisle on the right, she and Igor's wife on the aisle to the left. She's a beautiful woman with a dazzling smile, and seemed very excited to be there to watch you on stage...

Again, welcome and it'll be very interesting to see you chime in on our various topics if you so choose....

Thanks for the warm welcome... We shall meet somewhere out there I am sure. Hope all is well on your end ! Michi is my world and my biggest supporter, my son Ethan just turned 4 years old last month, "mini-me" hehe, although he looks more like Michi than me...{lucky for him lol} Family is always first...as it should be !!

User avatar
N2yes
Starship Trooper
Posts: 5443
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Concord, New Hampshire, USA.
Contact:

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103272Post N2yes
Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:24 am

Happiest of Monday's to you, Billy and the rest of this fantastic bunch here at YT as well!
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"

User avatar
Dr_Yes
Posts: 1750
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2001 5:00 pm

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103288Post Dr_Yes
Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:14 am

Hey Billy,

Great to see you round these parts too.

Still waiting patiently for some news re: the release of CIRCA:.

Still not a fan of Cut the Ties it's true, but very much a fan of you and your work.

Dave.
[CENTER]Monkey Funch World - The Home of Monkey Magic:
www.myspace.com/monkeyfunch

www.monkeyfunch.com[/CENTER]

User avatar
N2yes
Starship Trooper
Posts: 5443
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Concord, New Hampshire, USA.
Contact:

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103398Post N2yes
Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:15 am

Mr. Sherwood, I thought I would mention that you are conspicuous as a result of your sudden absence. You are already missed. We eagerly await your return.
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"

Billy Sherwood HQ
Active Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103411Post Billy Sherwood HQ
Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:17 am

N2yes wrote:Mr. Sherwood, I thought I would mention that you are conspicuous as a result of your sudden absence. You are already missed. We eagerly await your return.

I'm right here lol... Been a bit bizy preparing for the gig and launching the CIRCA: store :D

User avatar
N2yes
Starship Trooper
Posts: 5443
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Concord, New Hampshire, USA.
Contact:

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103419Post N2yes
Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:56 am

We understand. Eternal thanks are extended to you for your efforts, kindness and the promise of a wonderful band! God willing, most of us will be seeing you guys live in the near future!
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"

Billy Sherwood HQ
Active Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103460Post Billy Sherwood HQ
Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:08 pm

N2yes wrote:We understand. Eternal thanks are extended to you for your efforts, kindness and the promise of a wonderful band! God willing, most of us will be seeing you guys live in the near future!

Thank you kindly for the blessing and good will :) !! It's is our hope and intention to bring CIRCA: live to where ever we can !!

User avatar
SoUtHsIdEoFtHeSkY
Veteran Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:18 pm
Location: United States (Maryland)
Contact:

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103497Post SoUtHsIdEoFtHeSkY
Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:55 am

welcome billy! YEStalk rocks so yeah u will have some hardcore fun up in this joint :D
TBS-BH MURPHY'S LAW SP08 #1 "Maverick"
"Were we ever colder on that day a million miles away
It seemed from all of eternity" [}:)]

I <3 My Big Bro Andrew & My Big Sis Erin more than they will ever know!!!!!!:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User avatar
yeskat
Starship Trooper
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA.

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103499Post yeskat
Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:20 am

Hey, Billy!

Have "spoken" with you on myspace - it's good to see you here, too! I swing by here from time to time; it's a great place to hang out! I'm sure you have already noticed the nice people here. Welcome!

Linda

User avatar
N2yes
Starship Trooper
Posts: 5443
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Concord, New Hampshire, USA.
Contact:

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103513Post N2yes
Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:33 pm

All hats off to Billy for taking the time to spend with all of us here. It's not only appreciated, but compared to those in the music industry who just can't seem to 'find the time' to spend with their fanbase, it is quite extraordinary!
Iin fact, it reveals ( at least )two things about him. One, he's a good guy for taking that time to spend with us when he no doubt could be doing a zillion other things and two, by engaging with us, he promotes CIRCA. How could that be a bad thing? Noble and intelligent move, Mr. Sherwood. You have my respect and admiration for your efforts.
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"

User avatar
Roan's Lady
Posts: 2835
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Buttered Rolls
Contact:

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103517Post Roan's Lady
Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:59 pm

N2yes wrote:All hats off to Billy for taking the time to spend with all of us here. It's not only appreciated, but compared to those in the music industry who just can't seem to 'find the time' to spend with their fanbase, it is quite extraordinary!
Iin fact, it reveals ( at least )two things about him. One, he's a good guy for taking that time to spend with us when he no doubt could be doing a zillion other things and two, by engaging with us, he promotes CIRCA. How could that be a bad thing? Noble and intelligent move, Mr. Sherwood. You have my respect and admiration for your efforts.
I concur with that Big Guy...thanks so much for taking the time, Billy! :)
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

Billy Sherwood HQ
Active Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103520Post Billy Sherwood HQ
Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:50 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:I concur with that Big Guy...thanks so much for taking the time, Billy! :)

Hehe.. Thanks for having me... Can't wait to rub elbows with you all at various locations on a tour {fingers crossed lol} have a great weekend !!! :D

yesireebob
Posts: 2131
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103544Post yesireebob
Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:26 am

Wow, an actual band member visiting our little slice of Yes-Heaven! Welcome Billy!

User avatar
Dr_Yes
Posts: 1750
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2001 5:00 pm

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103562Post Dr_Yes
Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 pm

Well it looks like people are beginning to take delivery of their albums now, so here's hoping I get mine soon.

Dave.

Looking forward to some good reviews.
[CENTER]Monkey Funch World - The Home of Monkey Magic:
www.myspace.com/monkeyfunch

www.monkeyfunch.com[/CENTER]

Billy Sherwood HQ
Active Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103564Post Billy Sherwood HQ
Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:24 pm

yesireebob wrote:Wow, an actual band member visiting our little slice of Yes-Heaven! Welcome Billy!

Thanks for the warm welcome !! The pleasure is all mine to particpate. Thanks !!

Cheers, Billy

User avatar
Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:00 pm
Location: California, on the Edge of the Continent

Re: Billy Sherwood saying hello...

Post: # 103990Post Greenglade's Frog
Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:52 pm

Totally cool music. Hope you get to Europe this fall
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Post Reply