Could it BE?

This is our general YEStalk area.
Drop in and say hi, and join or start a new Yes-related topic.

Moderator: N2yes

Kalingzeye

Could it BE?

Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:57 pm

A Myspace YESfriend of mine recently posted this:

Date: Dec 5, 2007 3:04 AM
Subject: Yes to tour in 2008 - It's official!
Body: Chris Squire on BBC Radio 2 programme hosted by Ken Bruce was asked by e mail 'Will Yes be touring next year?' 'Chris's reply was, 'Yes, we will be touring next year but tour dates are yet to be fixed.'
Watch this space.
If you want to listen to conversations with Steve Hackett and Chris Squire then you can access by this link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainfram ... dio2.shtml
Then find 9.30 - 12.00 Ken Bruce Programme and select play again. This link will be available until 12th December.

Check it out. I think I pressed ->15 minutes on the Wednesday show 2-3 times to find Chris talking. Um. Yeah, he totally said they wanted to tour in '08. :eek: Whaaaaaa?????? Interesting developments indeed.

N2yes
Starship Trooper

Re: Could it BE?

Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:21 am

Hope will find a way!!
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"

fragilesi
Starship Trooper

Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:40 pm

I just can't believe they really mean to . . .

But I hope this is right, it's time.

tardistraveler

Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:06 pm

I'm hearing this through the grapevine too . . . also hearing that Adam Wakeman may be sitting in for his dad on this tour . . . I'm sure more news will be forthcoming . . . :)

Kalingzeye

Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:54 pm

tardistraveler wrote:I'm hearing this through the grapevine too . . . also hearing that Adam Wakeman may be sitting in for his dad on this tour . . . I'm sure more news will be forthcoming . . . :)
REALLY. Interesting. :eek: We'll seeeeeee....... *flops around in excitement*

Thoughtbecontact
Veteran Member

Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:40 am

Kalingzeye wrote:REALLY. Interesting. :eek: We'll seeeeeee....... *flops around in excitement*

Don't get too excited just yet, Kota. This seems to be still in the talking stages amongst the members, no matter what they say in radio broadcasts or sing in concerts, lol.

There are a number of hurdles to jump, namely, Wakeman's health, and simply putting together a tour. Period. It will probably be easier for them to put together a series of dates in the UK/Continent than it will be here in the US. American promoters are not too keen on them, at the moment, and that's a nice way of putting it......sigh. Look for smaller venues than in 2004 this time around.
AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH

Kalingzeye

Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:33 am

Thoughtbecontact wrote:Don't get too excited just yet, Kota. This seems to be still in the talking stages amongst the members, no matter what they say in radio broadcasts or sing in concerts, lol.

There are a number of hurdles to jump, namely, Wakeman's health, and simply putting together a tour. Period. It will probably be easier for them to put together a series of dates in the UK/Continent than it will be here in the US. American promoters are not too keen on them, at the moment, and that's a nice way of putting it......sigh. Look for smaller venues than in 2004 this time around.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... D: But I wanna be excited SO BAD.
Eheheheheeee... ;)

I did notice, however, that Chris had it put on his new website's front page. Saying there's a "good prospect" of an 08 tour, that is. I dunno, but hey, it's better than the usual awkward YES silence we've been used to recently! *pokes at the small signs of life*

child-of-the-light
Veteran Member

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:43 pm

I'm feeling really good about this. I just finished reading Chris's latest interview with NFTE on 'Swiss Choir'. The last question is about his goals for Yes '08, and he said that they didn't have a set list yet. It seems like he feels pretty confident about it.
Ride the tides of faith

qman
Charter Member

Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:50 am

Yes it could be, the question is what is the line-up. If Wakeman is ill maybe his son Adam but maybe not. With Tony Kaye in CIRCA with Alan and Billy anything is possible. Will Steve be done touring with ASIA by the time Chris wants to get going? Will he be up to get right back on the road? Who knows. I love Steve but a YES tour with all members of Circa along with Chris & Jon, dueling guitars of Jimmy Haun and Billy would be interesting. I'd rather see Rabin back replacing Steve if Steve stays with ASIA but since that is not going to happen Jimmy and Billy would be cool to see. By the way what do you all think of of Geoff Downes dumping his ASIA band mates to tour with the original line-up? I like Geoff so it's hard for me to get disgusted at him for doing that and I guess he has to cash in while the going is good, he has bills to pay like everyone else but it was kind of shitty. Anyone have the "GPS" CD Geoff's abandoned band mates released? :eek:
Every now and then the ball bounces your way :-)

electricfreedom
Location: Currently serving up a heaping helping of freedom in Germany

Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:06 pm

I'd rather have a new album than another tour... one with Rick on keys. :cool:
And I do think very well.... that the song might take you silently...

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:32 pm

i think like Qman says that the ASIA tour might mess with Steve doing a Yes tour.

I do remember a mike tiano interview with Chris Squire(circa2001) saying he Saw Trevor Rabin(lions and tiger And Bears Oh My) and trevor told him he wanted to be in the band. Chris said he told Jon that and Jon said maybe we should do another union(more lions and tigers and bears oh my) tour and laughed. Then Wakeman said shortly after that that he wanted to do some kind of project with trevor Rabin

could any of that happen
and would it energise the fan base or make us sit at home?
id like to see it even though my heart wants the Anderson Wakeman Squire Howe and White lineup.(though id certinly be happy with brufford too).i could see billy sherwood in the studio again , i liked the Ladder.
C :)

Kalingzeye

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:23 pm

I think they'd get a big turn out for a tour with Trevor. It'd be all 80's "comeback" or something (or that's how it would get promoted) and then everyone would come wanting just to hear like... Owner and all the 80s-early 90s stuff. Not that I'd mind, I've never really gotten to hear that live... I think it'd be crazy cool to hear live what first got me into YES. :eek: But yeah, if they did do something like that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if all those people who oggled over Owner just showed up like WOOO 80S!!! WOOOOOOO! :p

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:27 pm

Kalingzeye wrote:I think they'd get a big turn out for a tour with Trevor. It'd be all 80's "comeback" or something (or that's how it would get promoted) and then everyone would come wanting just to hear like... Owner and all the 80s-early 90s stuff. Not that I'd mind, I've never really gotten to hear that live... I think it'd be crazy cool to hear live what first got me into YES. :eek: But yeah, if they did do something like that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if all those people who oggled over Owner just showed up like WOOO 80S!!! WOOOOOOO! :p

i saw them on the 90125 ,big generator and talk tour they were all great
so was the union tour
my first tour was 90125
and i have seen every show since. i am still a really big steve howe fan and i emulate him in my own guitar playing and nobody can touch Rick wakeman on keys. in the 80s tony kaye kind of did what trevor rabin told him to do . but he was great in the early Yes albums and shows.
i wouldnt mind hearing all those songs again i was playing Big generator yesterday really loud and driving everybody nuts in my house
then i followed it by topgraphic oceans lol