A sampling of Jon's latest solo work

This is our general YEStalk area.
Drop in and say hi, and join or start a new Yes-related topic.

Moderator: N2yes

Roan's Lady

A sampling of Jon's latest solo work

Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:34 pm

This song is about his desire for Yes to be together again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia52VrafWDE

What do you think?
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

PhillYes

Re: A sampling of Jon's latest solo work

Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:45 pm

There is an audible longing and desire, a sincere wanting of reconciliation in Jon's voice that actually teared me up a little. It is so very sad that it comes to this. But I think the worst part for me is the wondering...haven't we had this discussion before? There's no question in my mind that if Jon and Rick and the rest of Yes really, sincerely wanted to take the ship out next year, it would happen. I just fear--and on some level, hate--that the song I have just gotten teary-eyed about is in reality a political ploy. Say it isn't so, Jon. Better yet...Prove it!

Phill [:yes]
[CENTER]We Receive All We Venture To Give[/CENTER]
[CENTER][:u][/CENTER]

Relayer
Starship Trooper

Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:25 pm

Thanks that was great, here's hoping that this song won't be forgotten.

Kalingzeye

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:29 pm

Wowwwwww. Thanks for posting this Amy~~~ ♥ That was pretty sad and touching. *hugs to Jon* Ohhhhhhh I hope YES get their butts in gear soon, now. *wiggles in anticipation* I love this song~ :o

Dr_Yes

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:31 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:This song is about his desire for Yes to be together again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia52VrafWDE

What do you think?
What do I think? Oh dear is what I think. What a terrible end to a great career is what I think.

I was watching a few guitarists on youtube (Satriani - Cooll No 9, Paul Gilbert, Ritchie Kotzen, Eric Jonhson to name a few) and then watched this. It's hard to believe this JA stuff is the work of a 'professional' musician. Sorry - I know this is blasphemy, although I love Yes more than many people I know - but honestly, what has it come to? I think Emperor's New Clothes more and more with this band. Sigh...
[CENTER]Monkey Funch World - The Home of Monkey Magic:
www.myspace.com/monkeyfunch

www.monkeyfunch.com[/CENTER]

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:54 pm

Wow, Yes reborn.
Look at the backdrop slide show
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

N2yes
Starship Trooper

Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:28 pm

No question, a very touching little number here. I hope and believe that it is a sincere wish put to music. Now, we know the band has heard this and they must know we're still pretty rabid about another effort, so one has to wonder what exactly is going on in the YES camp? I don't subscribe to the notion that it is Jon merely reminiscing and just entertaining the notion. They've had plenty of time to make a decision and apparently have come close a few times. It comes down to just what is keeping the connection in the 'off' mode.
Thanks for sharing this, Amy!
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"

Roan's Lady

Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:17 pm

N2yes wrote:No question, a very touching little number here. I hope and believe that it is a sincere wish put to music. Now, we know the band has heard this and they must know we're still pretty rabid about another effort, so one has to wonder what exactly is going on in the YES camp? I don't subscribe to the notion that it is Jon merely reminiscing and just entertaining the notion. They've had plenty of time to make a decision and apparently have come close a few times. It comes down to just what is keeping the connection in the 'off' mode.
Thanks for sharing this, Amy!
You're welcome, Chris. :)
Well, here's what I think:
The power button on the Yes machine has been in the "off" position for years now. Gosh. Maybe they just don't feel like playing together anymore. This sleep-inducing tune is another example of that drippy sentimentality of Jon's that's been driving so many of us fans to his solo shows over the years - that and the fact that we remember his glory days in Yes, as well as on his own, and are hoping to see a piece of that again. Who would go out to see him other than the devoted fans who are pleased as punch just to be tossed a scrap? Just to be in the presence of the man we once had reason to admire, but now graciously allows us to watch him sing to his wife and bestow his autograph (see "squiggly circular scrawl") upon us as long as we buy a T-shirt? The guy isn't wearing robes of golden thread. He's naked. And frankly, I'm tired of hearing and watching him sing in the shower.
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

yesman90125
Starship Trooper

Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:27 am

to me this is the first notable thing going on in the yescamp since the anouncement of the roger dean thing (which seems to have stalled) its my sincere hope that the other voices in Yes get this message that thery're sort of running out of time to get it together certinly as chris said there is a demand for some new Yes progect
Jons voice is still very strong on another note

ImstillYesmam
Veteran Member

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:21 am

It is a rather bittersweet tune, isn't it??
Theres a time, and the time is now, and it's right for me,
Theres a word, and word is love, and it's right for me. [:yes]