What's Yesfans got that Yestalk doesn't?

This is our general YEStalk area.
Drop in and say hi, and join or start a new Yes-related topic.

Moderator: N2yes

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Re: What's Yesfans got that Yestalk doesn't?

Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:06 am

Send him 4-5 peacocks in the mail....

Greenglade's Frog wrote:I quote YESMAN 90125 :" Luckily since our previous drawn out encounter I've run across[political] Idiots like you often on forums (though arguably none as ignorant)
and now I understand much more clearly where your mentality is at"

This above is reason for Yesman to be banned.

He just showed disrespect by using the word "idiot". He has violated terms and conditions of use on Yestalk.

I got banned right after Yesman edited his post, and he used obscenities against me, but quickly erased them the moment N2Yes the moderator started reading that political thread momths ago. If he had been online and seen what Yesman wrote, just a split second before Yesman edited his post, he would have been banned for 3 months or whatever.

Yesman has the right to disagree, but so do I. His insults to me are direct. I never insult or provoke anything.

I hope you reap what you sow.
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:08 am

tribute1969 wrote:Send him 4-5 peacocks in the mail....

Thanks Tribute. I guess I have gotten it out my system
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

tardistraveler

Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:23 am

yesireebob wrote:I agree with Nolan that there is a certain Squire worship element at YF. Musing further, the fact that band members and/or their significant others post on certain forums results in members taking sides and getting involved in band politics. This tends to lead to big bru-ha-has over things that really shouldn't be the concern of fans simply seeking discourse with other people with similar musical tastes and what not. Personally, I find that a turn off. I also think the presence of band members tends to chill honest discussion about the band and its music. To me, these forums are about the music and what that music means to the fans, not about the idolization of band members or the desire to be their best friends.

Yesfans does have the presence of not only Squire and his wife, but also Billy Sherwood. They don't come around every day, but they do come around. On the one hand, it's interesting to hear announcement-type things from band members themselves, but quite another thing when they start entrenching themselves into the board, sharing opinions as if they were another member, and even getting into arguments out there. It's not a pretty or productive thing, and it makes it difficult for the site staff - when something gets controversial - it's like, how to tell one of these people that they're getting out of hand?

Yestalk is MUCH better off without that. And to be honest, that's part of the price you pay for that Yesworld link - your site life becomes a bit more political after you get it. ;)

WE just need to look at how to inspire more membership out here . . . :)

I've always been glad I found this place. My intro to fan forums was via Yesfans, after I had posted a review of a 2002 concert on Yesworld, along with my e-mail addy, and I got an e-mail telling me about the site. When Nolan found his way there in 2003, he told me about THIS site, and I signed up immediately.

It's no secret I'm pretty entrenched in both places. Despite its flaws, I've met some cool people on Yesfans, and that keeps me going there. BUT, I love to come here because it's normally more laid back, the conversation is adult and rational, the chatroom used to be hysterically funny when we had more traffic there, and I've made some wonderful friendships HERE too . . . to me, it's all about the people, and there's some FANTASTIC people in this Yesiverse!

The question is - how do we get a little more traffic here? Not TOO much . . . I don't think we want to become New York City as opposed to Nantucket . . . ;)

Roan's Lady

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:05 am

tardistraveler wrote:Yesfans does have the presence of not only Squire and his wife, but also Billy Sherwood. They don't come around every day, but they do come around. On the one hand, it's interesting to hear announcement-type things from band members themselves, but quite another thing when they start entrenching themselves into the board, sharing opinions as if they were another member, and even getting into arguments out there. It's not a pretty or productive thing, and it makes it difficult for the site staff - when something gets controversial - it's like, how to tell one of these people that they're getting out of hand?
Hm, funny you should mention that. I had a "discourse" with Billy Sherwood over there recently which didn't go so well. And I think people were afraid to touch him - not only those in charge, but the membership in general. I can't stand that kind of fanatical mob-mentality favoritism - I really cannot. If a person is getting out of hand, you tell them "You're getting out of hand". What's the difference if he's a band member or ex-band member? The link to Yesworld shouldn't excuse shabby behavior. But it seems to - that and the desire not to ruffle the feathers of a "connection", I suppose.

tardistraveler wrote:Yestalk is MUCH better off without that. And to be honest, that's part of the price you pay for that Yesworld link - your site life becomes a bit more political after you get it. ;)

I've always been glad I found this place. My intro to fan forums was via Yesfans, after I had posted a review of a 2002 concert on Yesworld, along with my e-mail addy, and I got an e-mail telling me about the site. When Nolan found his way there in 2003, he told me about THIS site, and I signed up immediately.

It's no secret I'm pretty entrenched in both places. Despite its flaws, I've met some cool people on Yesfans, and that keeps me going there. BUT, I love to come here because it's normally more laid back, the conversation is adult and rational, the chatroom used to be hysterically funny when we had more traffic there, and I've made some wonderful friendships HERE too . . . to me, it's all about the people, and there's some FANTASTIC people in this Yesiverse!

The question is - how do we get a little more traffic here? Not TOO much . . . I don't think we want to become New York City as opposed to Nantucket . . . ;)
I love and frequent both the Big Apple and the Gray Lady...
both have their charms. :)
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

happytheman
Charter Member

Re: Billy

Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:01 am

As I recall Billy "dropped" in here a time or two. I can't say I've followed every thread at Yes Fans (for obvious reasons) but the times I've seen Billy get involved with a discussion he seems to know his "stuff" and I was glad he added to the conversation. I've also seen his presence over at ProgressiveEars and again he has certainly "added" rather than "detracted". But from the sounds of it Roan's experience has been different.
This topic of "which site" came up before a while back and I remember chiming in that I followed "another" Yes place for a while (that is no longer alive) and EricBliss was very active there. At that site the conversations had gotten to the point where it was constant bickering about the slightest thing. No one monitored anything it seemed. Fortunately Eric mentioned Yestalk as "the place to go if you want to have a serious discussion about Yes". So I "lurked" about here for a year or so before I had the guts to add to any discussion. This place was full of folks who really knew their stuff. Sure I owned every Yes album, and I had been to a few concerts but you folks had done some serious research on the band.
Thankfully, in large part the internet and a few choice books written on the band coupled with this site, I feel like I could have an intelligent discussion with just about anyone regarding Yes.

tardistraveler

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:30 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:Hm, funny you should mention that. I had a "discourse" with Billy Sherwood over there recently which didn't go so well. And I think people were afraid to touch him - not only those in charge, but the membership in general. I can't stand that kind of fanatical mob-mentality favoritism - I really cannot. If a person is getting out of hand, you tell them "You're getting out of hand". What's the difference if he's a band member or ex-band member? The link to Yesworld shouldn't excuse shabby behavior. But it seems to - that and the desire not to ruffle the feathers of a "connection", I suppose.

It really is a double-edged sword. I don't think it's "fanatical mob-mentality favoritism" - there are plenty of folks on YF that see the downside of the band members getting into such discourses, but it does become a "political" thing, and the desire of the "powers that be" to preserve that Yesworld link, which they feel may not be doable if they start reprimanding such folks for their behavior, at least publicly on the site.

I do know that there have been some words privately behind the scenes about some of this stuff, but that's about all that's likely to happen.

It's a different world over there. . . . vive la difference! ;)

Terry Shea
Charter Member

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:28 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote:
Thanks for the endorsement, but as you know, I am not into political discussions anymore...
Really? What's this then? That lasted, what, a whole day? :)

http://forum.yestalk.org/showthread.php?t=6694&page=6

Specifically post #s 162, 165, 167, 170, 171, 193, 204, 206, 207, 208, 209, 211
Greenglade's Frog wrote:
Yesman has the right to disagree, but so do I. His insults to me are direct. I never insult or provoke anything.
Never? Really! What's this then?

http://forum.yestalk.org/showthread.php?t=6694&page=6

specifically post #s 162, 165, 167, 170, 171, 193, 204, 206, 207, 208, 209, 211, 212, 216

http://forum.yestalk.org/showthread.php?t=6687&page=2

specifically post #s 60, 64, 67, 68

http://forum.yestalk.org/showthread.php?t=6743

specifically every post you made in this thread

I'm not trying to start anything here, just trying to set the record straight and give you the opportunity to clear up these discrepancies. Thank you.
My personal myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/terryshea
My music myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/ahdubicke
Ignore the problem and it will go away.-some dead moron

tardistraveler

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:36 pm

Terry - this isn't appropriate for this thread. Please keep to topic.

Terry Shea
Charter Member

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:41 pm

tardistraveler wrote:Terry - this isn't appropriate for this thread. Please keep to topic.
What? All I did was reply to posts already made to this thread using documentation from other posts at this site to refute what was stated. I used no insults, inappropriate language or anything of the sort. All I did was post the facts.
My music myspace page:

tardistraveler

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:54 pm

Terry Shea wrote:What? All I did was reply to posts already made to this thread using documentation from other posts at this site to refute what was stated. I used no insults, inappropriate language or anything of the sort. All I did was post the facts.

I think we've had enough back-and-forth out here about political posts. I've closed the other threads, and I don't want to see it seeping into existing ones.

Dr_Yes

Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:06 pm

Hey guys chill out and think before you post. We're asking that people not descend into trashing each other on political threads, please think about that.

Life's too short surely.

Play nice everyone.
[CENTER]Monkey Funch World - The Home of Monkey Magic:
www.myspace.com/monkeyfunch

www.monkeyfunch.com[/CENTER]

yesireebob

Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:38 pm

Please, Terry, let it go. It is over. Move on. Surely there are better things to focus on. Let's recover from the recent ugliness and work on being a forum people want to visit and particpate in. Again, do you want to be right at all costs, or do you want peace on the board? I vote for peace.

Terry Shea
Charter Member

Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:40 pm

Dr_Yes wrote:Hey guys chill out and think before you post. We're asking that people not descend into trashing each other on political threads, please think about that.

Life's too short surely.

Play nice everyone.
I do think before I post. I made sure my post was well documented and contained no insulting language. I was merely refuting posts made to this thread by an individual who has been trashing several people here lately, including moderators. Now why is he allowed to behave in this manner and provoke and slander people in several different threads, in several different forums, having nothing to do at all in some cases with the topic at hand? And why am I chastised for merely refuting his posts by documenting his own words? I'm sorry if my posts are "off-topic" but nothing was done about his original "off-topic" posts and I believe I have a right to refute such posts and set the record straight.
Thank you.
My music myspace page:

Terry Shea
Charter Member

Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:48 pm

yesireebob wrote:Please, Terry, let it go. It is over. Move on. Surely there are better things to focus on. Let's recover from the recent ugliness and work on being a forum people want to visit and particpate in. Again, do you want to be right at all costs, or do you want peace on the board? I vote for peace.
People aren't visiting here because certain people are allowed to insult, provoke and slander others and nothing is done about it. I don't know what Yesman did to get banned but it sure looks to me like a double standard exists because everything I see posted by him seems rather mild compared to the culprit in question. He's caused problems here before and it appears he's just going to keep on making trouble anyway he can. Please read my signature line.
My music myspace page:

yesireebob

Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:49 pm

Terry, right now the only person who appears to be challenging moderators is you. Whatever it is you feel you are gaining with your continued flogging of a very dead horse, the rest of the members are losing. Please, stop. You have much to offer, I only ask that you turn to more positive contributions. Thank you.

Dr_Yes

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:08 pm

Terry Shea wrote:I do think before I post. I made sure my post was well documented and contained no insulting language. I was merely refuting posts made to this thread by an individual who has been trashing several people here lately, including moderators. Now why is he allowed to behave in this manner and provoke and slander people in several different threads, in several different forums, having nothing to do at all in some cases with the topic at hand? And why am I chastised for merely refuting his posts by documenting his own words? I'm sorry if my posts are "off-topic" but nothing was done about his original "off-topic" posts and I believe I have a right to refute such posts and set the record straight.
Thank you.
Terry you have a beef - fair enough, but it also seems you want to perpetuate the dispute too. I and at least two other mods are asking you to drop it, stop flogging a dead horse or whichever metaphor works best for you, and return to posting the positive stuff we've come to enjoy from you. It's totally up to you of course. Your move.
[CENTER]Monkey Funch World - The Home of Monkey Magic:
www.myspace.com/monkeyfunch

www.monkeyfunch.com[/CENTER]

tardistraveler

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:46 pm

Terry, I asked you to drop this several posts back, and you have not. Your beef has been noted by the mods, and this thread is not the place for it. Please desist.

Roan's Lady

Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:05 am

May I chime in?

No...never mind. ;)

qman
Charter Member

Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:40 pm

Back on topic, I was introduced to YESTALK by a member that I don't think is here anymore "proffet" We met a YES concert in Kansas City many years ago, I remember he made "special brownies for the show" :eek:
I liked YESTALK immeadiately, it has a great vibe and nice people. I have made friends becuase of YESTALK, Nolan for one, great guy. I have visted YESFANS a few times and never liked it and have never posted anything there. It's to big for lack of a better way to explain it. To many people, to messy. YESTALK was always "just right".
YESTALK not being listed on the YESWORLD website is just WRONG.
For all of you that make this YESTALK site available I thank you.
Q
[:yes]
Every now and then the ball bounces your way :-)

tardistraveler

Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:36 pm

qman wrote:Back on topic, I was introduced to YESTALK by a member that I don't think is here anymore "proffet" We met a YES concert in Kansas City many years ago, I remember he made "special brownies for the show" :eek:
I liked YESTALK immeadiately, it has a great vibe and nice people. I have made friends becuase of YESTALK, Nolan for one, great guy. I have visted YESFANS a few times and never liked it and have never posted anything there. It's to big for lack of a better way to explain it. To many people, to messy. YESTALK was always "just right".
YESTALK not being listed on the YESWORLD website is just WRONG.
For all of you that make this YESTALK site available I thank you.
Q
[:yes]

Add that to one more thing Yestalk has that Yesfans doesn't - Qman!! :D

Always good to see you here!

Billy Sherwood HQ

Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:45 am

tardistraveler wrote:Yesfans does have the presence of not only Squire and his wife, but also Billy Sherwood. They don't come around every day, but they do come around. On the one hand, it's interesting to hear announcement-type things from band members themselves, but quite another thing when they start entrenching themselves into the board, sharing opinions as if they were another member, and even getting into arguments out there. It's not a pretty or productive thing, and it makes it difficult for the site staff - when something gets controversial - it's like, how to tell one of these people that they're getting out of hand?

Yestalk is MUCH better off without that. And to be honest, that's part of the price you pay for that Yesworld link - your site life becomes a bit more political after you get it. ;)

WOW, well ummmm ... this is kinda wierd. When I 1st signed up here I got messages saying welcome and now I am reading it's great not to have "that" here.

No one is being politically correct around me, quite the opposite, some have made it their mission to be mean spirited and constantly have a go at me.

I don't start trouble but when it comes my way by virtue of nasty posts and slanted comments directed at me I respond {as any one in their right mind would/should}. If you notice some people on the forums have a particular axe to grind with me and for the most silly reasons. For instance a guy is really pissed cause the front of house mix was "too loud" at one of my CIRCA: shows, he ended up calling me a jerk, never acknowledging that as I explained... " I play bass/sing but I didn't mix the show". Is that cool or what.... Now when that happens should I say "thanks" or should I say "hey, hold on a second..."

I've received many emails from new members at YF and PE saying I joined because of your candor. A lot of them... I'm not saying I'm your man to get more peeps here, I'm just saying by "keeping it real" the conversations are just that... "real", not in political correctness or gushing fanboy stuff, some people just like to hear the truth for a change rather than propaganda

As for opinions, my posts are honest and forthcoming regarding my time in YES and outside of it, people ask me things and I respond.

I thought a forum was for free discussion of ideas and truths. My presence in no way makes any one think "I better not say that cause he's reading" One only need to read ANY thread I am in to see that. I started a merry Xmas thread on PE and sure enough someone had to come in a rain on the parade. Some people would rather have "open season" on someone rather than said target having a voice to respond.

I know I may have not posted here as much as other forums, but I did join in the spirit of friendship and honesty. If you want the keys to the club house back let me know... up till now I didn't know there was a problem with me being a part of YES TALK.

Billy Sherwood HQ

Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:19 am

Roan's Lady wrote:Hm, funny you should mention that. I had a "discourse" with Billy Sherwood over there recently which didn't go so well. And I think people were afraid to touch him - not only those in charge, but the membership in general. I can't stand that kind of fanatical mob-mentality favoritism - I really cannot. If a person is getting out of hand, you tell them "You're getting out of hand". . :)

Unreal... could it be YOU were in the wrong and rather than as you said "people were afraid to touch him". Is it possible people actually saw your post for what it was ? Being just plain rude...

Perhaps no one "touched me" because they were too busy sending me pm's/myspace messages and emails saying glad you dealt with her, she was totally RUDE to you. I know you like to think of yourself as not in the wrong but WOW.... but gimme a break.

Sometimes in life you make mistakes... if you do, own it and move on, or god forbid atone, apologize or whatever need be. Don't try to typecast people to your classifications to justifiy your own trip. good lord.
Fanatical mob-mentality favoritism has nothing to do with it. Propaganda like that breeds a hate which doesn't need to be there, sorry to lay this out for you but when you evoke my name once again, as i said in my previous post... I respond. Especially when it's so far off the map in terms of reality and basic logic.

Roan's Lady

Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:23 pm

Billy Sherwood HQ wrote:Unreal... could it be YOU were in the wrong and rather than as you said "people were afraid to touch him". Is it possible people actually saw your post for what it was ? Being just plain rude...

Perhaps no one "touched me" because they were too busy sending me pm's/myspace messages and emails saying glad you dealt with her, she was totally RUDE to you. I know you like to think of yourself as not in the wrong but WOW.... but gimme a break.

Sometimes in life you make mistakes... if you do, own it and move on, or god forbid atone, apologize or whatever need be. Don't try to typecast people to your classifications to justifiy your own trip. good lord.
Fanatical mob-mentality favoritism has nothing to do with it. Propaganda like that breeds a hate which doesn't need to be there, sorry to lay this out for you but when you evoke my name once again, as i said in my previous post... I respond. Especially when it's so far off the map in terms of reality and basic logic.
I got messages too, Billy, of a different kind. Believe me. I only mention this since you mentioned your own receiving of "approval" messages from your fans. I figured I'd balance things out a bit. I had always liked you as a person, no reason not to, until a few weeks ago, when I honestly felt you really went over the top in your reactions to me. So now I feel rather put off by you. Not to say that won't change down the road; it certainly could. But in the big picture, this is not such a huge deal to me. Nor should it be to you.

Enjoy your holidays and maybe catch you at a fest sometime down the road. :)

Chris2210

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:33 pm

Billy, I'm sure you're more than welcome here - it would be a strange thing to disbar a one-time member of the thing that's brought us all together. As to whether or not it inhibits open discussion, I think Barbara's point is a fair one - but it really is up to individuals as to how they handle that. Some may feel a degree of hero worship, some will have issues about perceived internal band politics and their 'favourites'.

I would have thought it would be fairly interesting to have the perspective of one who has that insider knowledge. For myself, I'll tell it like it is, without wishing to hurt or offend - it would be relatively easy to discover for example, that I have rather a low opinion of Open Your Eyes, but very much enjoyed the Circa album.

As for the discussion at hand - I'm happy to see you posting here and you have of course every right to state your points when you're under discussion (as you had been earlier in the thread). Unfortunately there is a context that we have had a pretty uncharacteristic degree of fractiousness recently that the moderation team are pretty keen to see an end to [no-one wants to stifle healthy debate - just to limit the negativity]. It's bad timing if it's perceived that you've reappeared to pursue a quarrel. I can see you're a thoughtful and rational type of person, so I remain hopeful you and Amy (to whom the same points apply, as she knows) might pursue a civilised dialogue here that can swiftly resolve any ill-feeling that may be residual from 'the other place'.
I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.

Billy Sherwood HQ

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:55 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:I got messages too, Billy, of a different kind. Believe me. I only mention this since you mentioned your own receiving of "approval" messages from your fans. I figured I'd balance things out a bit. I had always liked you as a person, no reason not to, until a few weeks ago, when I honestly felt you really went over the top in your reactions to me. So now I feel rather put off by you. Not to say that won't change down the road; it certainly could. But in the big picture, this is not such a huge deal to me. Nor should it be to you.

Enjoy your holidays and maybe catch you at a fest sometime down the road. :)

It's very sad how you are hung up on this "fan" thing and how sad that you assume everyone who approaches me is star struck and intimidated, not giving anyone the benefit of being human/real/honest/sincere {pick an adjective and insert}. I got messages from friends. You like to label people to suit your needs, acting like a saint while giving hell. Speaks volumes to the massive insecurity you're so badly masking. When you come around and realize I am human and can/should be treated like one and not some rockstar, I am here for you.

You've now taken your tiff outside YESFANS and to here hoping to show people "see I'm right" and call me by my full name. I left it behind on that ONE thread. You've only served to further my point that some people only have an axe to grind, thanks for helping me illustrate that fact and with such clarity.

Maybe if you looked at me as a human 1st and not a "member of YES" you would have a different approach. Some people like to make other people feel inferior to gain their own ground.

Simplest advice I can offer... if you don't like getting back the hell you so easily give, don't use a 1st strike policy. Because the response may be harsh, it has to be at least as harsh as the 1st strike, for me I prefer more so as to stop it from happening again. At every turn I only get nastiness from you, here, yesfans, agp... you name it, you're on my case. Saying "enjoy the holidays" as your closer to me doesn't read as anything more than sarcasm.

I shall indeed enjoy my holidays, I have a family that love me and don't stand in judgement over me as you've done and continue to do.

I doubt I will see you at any future fests, because after your mean spirited approach I would walk the other way if I saw you coming... I'm real like that. If you are a friend you're a friend.

Justify, rationalize, spin, do what ya like, life's too short for me to do anything but speak truth.

On that note...If you've forgotten you did say "I apoligize" on the thread at YF {I said accepted and left it at that, and thought it was over}, what I've read here contradicts your own words... I find that BIZARRE and sad.

Billy Sherwood HQ

Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:09 pm

Chris2210 wrote:Billy, I'm sure you're more than welcome here - it would be a strange thing to disbar a one-time member of the thing that's brought us all together. As to whether or not it inhibits open discussion, I think Barbara's point is a fair one - but it really is up to individuals as to how they handle that. Some may feel a degree of hero worship, some will have issues about perceived internal band politics and their 'favourites'.

I would have thought it would be fairly interesting to have the perspective of one who has that insider knowledge. For myself, I'll tell it like it is, without wishing to hurt or offend - it would be relatively easy to discover for example, that I have rather a low opinion of Open Your Eyes, but very much enjoyed the Circa album.

As for the discussion at hand - I'm happy to see you posting here and you have of course every right to state your points when you're under discussion (as you had been earlier in the thread). Unfortunately there is a context that we have had a pretty uncharacteristic degree of fractiousness recently that the moderation team are pretty keen to see an end to [no-one wants to stifle healthy debate - just to limit the negativity]. It's bad timing if it's perceived that you've reappeared to pursue a quarrel. I can see you're a thoughtful and rational type of person, so I remain hopeful you and Amy (to whom the same points apply, as she knows) might pursue a civilised dialogue here that can swiftly resolve any ill-feeling that may be residual from 'the other place'.

Thanks for the honest reply. I never mind if someone doesn't or does like my music, this isn't what this is about. I didn't return to the forum just to have a go at someone. I saw the thread title and thought I'd read the threads, I didn't expect to be the target in it.

I've only engaged RL because she evoked my name as a touch stone for her point. As I said in my last reply to her, she said "I apologize" at YF, I said "accepted" only to see her having the same go at me here. I thought it was over and done till I read her post "about me". If I was to see "I apologize" again here... I would again say "accepted". I don't hold grudges, but I do not take being the target lightly.

IMHO... Perhaps addressing the real sources of "negativity" may lead to a more positive forum.

Happy holidays....on that note for some much needed Xmas love, stop by my page and have a listen to some silly Xmas songs I wrote for a source music house. www.myspace.com/billysherwoodproductions and enjoy !!

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:06 pm

Is this actually Billy Sherwood??

If it is, welcome to Yestalk!! [|)]

(I may be wrong, but I doubt Yes members actually post in these Yes fan forums.

I can see how representatives of fan clubs or of websites for Yes members might post here, but I find it hard to believe that an actual member of Yes would post...

Am I wrong? Is this actually Billy Sherwood here?)

Well, if you are Billy Sherwood, and not some representative, I am stoked to see you here!

Lots of great guitar work on House of Blues video I saw recently

Billy Sherwood HQ

Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:12 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote:Is this actually Billy Sherwood??

If it is, welcome to Yestalk!! [|)]

(I may be wrong, but I doubt Yes members actually post in these Yes fan forums.

I can see how representatives of fan clubs or of websites for Yes members might post here, but I find it hard to believe that an actual member of Yes would post...

Am I wrong? Is this actually Billy Sherwood here?)

Well, if you are Billy Sherwood, and not some representative, I am stoked to see you here!

Lots of great guitar work on House of Blues video I saw recently

Hey Brother !!

Ya. it's me lol... thanks for the love and support !! Image It's greatly appreciated on this end.

I am a computer junkie like we all are and a huge YES fan waaaaaaaaaaay before and even after I was in the band. It's my pleasure to be here and make new "friends". Thank you for the warm welcome.

Nina loves Yes

Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:22 pm

bigger avatars, more smilies and a "quick reply" button...well, I have to admit, I prefer Yesfans, because there's much more going on. Kota, come on, join me and Mita at YF!!! :D
"I know she's been doing cartoons of me and Yes for ages...
...and she's really, really good!" ~ Rick Wakeman

[LEFT]visit me and my Yes boys at www.myspace.com/proganimewakey and www.youtube.com/wakeyforever[/LEFT]

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:26 pm

Billy Sherwood HQ wrote:Hey Brother !!

Ya. it's me lol... thanks for the love and support !! Image It's greatly appreciated on this end.

I am a computer junkie like we all are and a huge YES fan waaaaaaaaaaay before and even after I was in the band. It's my pleasure to be here and make new "friends". Thank you for the warm welcome.

Dude, if you are in L.A., I will buy you a beer!! In fact I will buy you 10 BEERS!! :icon_drin :icon_drin

I am perhaps one of the only regular Yestalkers here that has never met a Yes member and I have been a Yesfan since '77.