What's Yesfans got that Yestalk doesn't?

This is our general YEStalk area.
Drop in and say hi, and join or start a new Yes-related topic.

Moderator: N2yes

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Re: What's Yesfans got that Yestalk doesn't?

Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:28 pm

I may be going to Hollywood Guitar Center or McCabe's in Santa Monica this weekend, Mr. Sherwood.

Hope to see you there!
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Billy Sherwood HQ

Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:32 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote:Dude, if you are in L.A., I will buy you a beer!! In fact I will buy you 10 BEERS!! :icon_drin :icon_drin

I am perhaps one of the only regular Yestalkers here that has never met a Yes member and I have been a Yesfan since '77.

I'm not really a beer drinker, vodka tonic tall glass lots of ice works for me lol...

I do live in LA, CIRCA: are rehearsing for an upcoming tour of Italy in Feb 09. If you want to come hang at one of the pre show reherasals let me know and you are welcome to stop by for a listen. We will be in Van Nuys at my friend Scott's place called "Uncle Studios" most likely between Jan 20th - 29th. Join my myspace {click link on my signature} that way as the time nears we can connect for particulars.

Thanks again for the "positive" vibes !!!

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:37 pm

Billy Sherwood HQ wrote:I'm not really a beer drinker, vodka tonic tall glass lots of ice works for me lol...

I do live in LA, CIRCA: are rehearsing for an upcoming tour of Italy in Feb 09. If you want to comne hang at one of the pre show reherasals let me know and you are welcome to stop by for a listen. We will be in Van Nuys at my friend Scott's place called "Uncle Studios" most likely between Jan 20th - 29th. Join my myspace {click link on my signature} that way as the time nears we can connect for particulars.

Thanks again for the "positive" vibes !!!

That's only about 45 min. from South Bay area. I will join your MySpace.

Roan's Lady

Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:52 pm

Billy Sherwood HQ wrote:It's very sad how you are hung up on this "fan" thing and how sad that you assume everyone who approaches me is star struck and intimidated, not giving anyone the benefit of being human/real/honest/sincere {pick an adjective and insert}. I got messages from friends. You like to label people to suit your needs, acting like a saint while giving hell. Speaks volumes to the massive insecurity you're so badly masking. When you come around and realize I am human and can/should be treated like one and not some rockstar, I am here for you.

You've now taken your tiff outside YESFANS and to here hoping to show people "see I'm right" and call me by my full name. I left it behind on that ONE thread. You've only served to further my point that some people only have an axe to grind, thanks for helping me illustrate that fact and with such clarity.

Maybe if you looked at me as a human 1st and not a "member of YES" you would have a different approach. Some people like to make other people feel inferior to gain their own ground.

Simplest advice I can offer... if you don't like getting back the hell you so easily give, don't use a 1st strike policy. Because the response may be harsh, it has to be at least as harsh as the 1st strike, for me I prefer more so as to stop it from happening again. At every turn I only get nastiness from you, here, yesfans, agp... you name it, you're on my case. Saying "enjoy the holidays" as your closer to me doesn't read as anything more than sarcasm.

I shall indeed enjoy my holidays, I have a family that love me and don't stand in judgement over me as you've done and continue to do.

I doubt I will see you at any future fests, because after your mean spirited approach I would walk the other way if I saw you coming... I'm real like that. If you are a friend you're a friend.

Justify, rationalize, spin, do what ya like, life's too short for me to do anything but speak truth.

On that note...If you've forgotten you did say "I apoligize" on the thread at YF {I said accepted and left it at that, and thought it was over}, what I've read here contradicts your own words... I find that BIZARRE and sad.
The thread itself unfolds a rather different story than you accepting my apology and leaving it at that...I only wish. But you decided to take a very innocent post I made afterwards and use it to leap on me yet again.

The thread speaks for itself, I think. The link below points to where I came in, with a comment about music polls that was not intended as a personal affront to you - although the fact that you took it that way was what I did apologize for:

http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.php?t=48680&page=8

People may read from this point to page 13 for a clear picture.

Billy, I'm sorry you have such hostility toward me. I really do wish you peace.

Take care.

Billy Sherwood HQ

Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:49 am

Roan's Lady wrote:The thread itself unfolds a rather different story than you accepting my apology and leaving it at that...I only wish. But you decided to take a very innocent post I made afterwards and use it to leap on me yet again.

The thread speaks for itself, I think. The link below points to where I came in, with a comment about music polls that was not intended as a personal affront to you - although the fact that you took it that way was what I did apologize for:

http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.php?t=48680&page=8

People may read from this point to page 13 for a clear picture.

Billy, I'm sorry you have such hostility toward me. I really do wish you peace.

Take care.

Thanks for the link, you should have also posted the other link to the "spiraling" thread... To see your demeanor difference between my thread and the Spiraling re: the same contest shows even further context.

Don't confuse hostility with a simple reality check. Martyrdom will get you nowhere.

I said you have a axe to grind, which is made very obvious to anyone wishing to read BOTH threads...

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:24 am

Be sure and take Billy S a trunk full of peacocks....
Greenglade's Frog wrote:I may be going to Hollywood Guitar Center or McCabe's in Santa Monica this weekend, Mr. Sherwood.

Hope to see you there!
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California

yesireebob

Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:43 am

Apparently we now have all the acrimony Yesfans has that we didn't. :rolleyes:

Perhaps PMs are a better way to resolve on-going disputes? Peacocks, anyone?

Billy Sherwood HQ

Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:29 am

yesireebob wrote:Apparently we now have all the acrimony Yesfans has that we didn't. :rolleyes:

Perhaps PMs are a better way to resolve on-going disputes? Peacocks, anyone?

Agreed. Sorry for any dust up here at yestalk. I saw me/my name being used as a means to display the bad side of yesfans and I was offended.

I come in peace... When called out by name I bring out the peacemaker lol. Until some subscribe to your suggestion, which is a good one... I'll have no choice to but reply in thread. I will never strike 1st, you have my word on that.

Peacocks are beautiful, I prefer beauty to the ugly stuff, send them on... plenty of room in my back yard for them to roam around :D

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:25 am

Billy Sherwood HQ wrote:Agreed. Sorry for any dust up here at yestalk. I saw me/my name being used as a means to display the bad side of yesfans and I was offended.

I come in peace... When called out by name I bring out the peacemaker lol. Until some subscribe to your suggestion, which is a good one... I'll have no choice to but reply in thread. I will never strike 1st, you have my word on that.

Peacocks are beautiful, I prefer beauty to the ugly stuff, send them on... plenty of room in my back yard for them to roam around :D

Peacocks are an old joke between me and Tribute 'cuz I post peacock pics. I live on the Hill, aka PV, so we have a flock of maybe 75 in my neighborhood roaming wild , and they sqwawk at night at 2 am and one flew threw my window. They are really loud, and I do not recomment peacocks for pea-ce of mind [B)]

Billy Sherwood HQ

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:31 am

Greenglade's Frog wrote:Peacocks are an old joke between me and Tribute 'cuz I post peacock pics. I live on the Hill, aka PV, so we have a flock of maybe 75 in my neighborhood roaming wild , and they sqwawk at night at 2 am and one flew threw my window. They are really loud, and I do not recomment peacocks for pea-ce of mind [B)]

Cool thanks for the intel lol... I had no idea they were such a loud bird.

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:36 am

Billy Sherwood HQ wrote:Cool thanks for the intel lol... I had no idea they were such a loud bird.

I'm right about to open my wine and watch some videos, maybe Yes House of Blues

Roan's Lady

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:42 am

Billy Sherwood HQ wrote:Thanks for the link, you should have also posted the other link to the "spiraling" thread... To see your demeanor difference between my thread and the Spiraling re: the same contest shows even further context.

Don't confuse hostility with a simple reality check. Martyrdom will get you nowhere.

I said you have a axe to grind, which is made very obvious to anyone wishing to read BOTH threads...
Gee whiz. You mean this one?

http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.php?t=48706

Apparently, my saying that Alan and I support a musician is more dreadful than I imagined. Who would have thought it.
I didn't "vote" for Tom, so for the life of me, I can't see the problem you have with what I said in the thread.

Well, anyway.

I'm sorry, Linda - you're right, and with this last post, I'm done on the subject. This business has no more business here.

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:51 am

I just put on House of Blues DVD with Billy Sherwood

Billy Sherwood HQ

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:54 am

Roan's Lady wrote:Gee whiz. You mean this one?

http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.php?t=48706

Apparently, my saying that Alan and I support a musician is more dreadful than I imagined. Who would have thought it.
I didn't "vote" for Tom, so for the life of me, I can't see the problem you have with what I said in the thread.

Well, anyway.

I'm sorry, Linda - you're right, and with this last post, I'm done on the subject. This business has no more business here.

I was speaking to the difference in your over all DEMEANOR in each thread... I dont care who you support or not. I never said anything like that, nice try.

It never had business being here in the first place. Glad you finally figured that out.

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:58 am

Sorry to interrupt, but I am getting into the HOB video now-that a 12 string electric on YIND?

Cinema was cool.

Well if everyone is arguing I am getting back to my Yes concert

Happy Weekend, all

Billy Sherwood HQ

Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:10 am

Greenglade's Frog wrote:Sorry to interrupt, but I am getting into the HOB video now-that a 12 string electric on YIND?

Cinema was cool.

Well if everyone is arguing I am getting back to my Yes concert

Happy Weekend, all

Enjoy it the YES show... I used an electric 12 made by Carvin.

yesireebob

Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:26 am

Billy. Amy. Please. STOP. Your bickering, carried over from another site, does not reflect well on EITHER of you. Just please take it back to Yesfans or continue via PMs, but please leave this board out of your petty quarrels. Thank you.

Roan's Lady

Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:56 pm

yesireebob wrote:Billy. Amy. Please. STOP. Your bickering, carried over from another site, does not reflect well on EITHER of you. Just please take it back to Yesfans or continue via PMs, but please leave this board out of your petty quarrels. Thank you.

See the end of my last post up above, Linda.

Then again, the theme of the thread invites dissenting viewpoints. Not to say that Billy and I didn't take things further than necessary here. But the thread is sort of an invitation for some people to take sides regarding what they perceive as the difference in feel of the two sites. That as a springboard could potentially cause problems from/for anyone particularly polarized in one direction.

I happen to like both for different reasons. Yesfans to me is like a party where flitting around here and there in various rooms of the house is the order of the day. Yestalk is that sort of party where there are less people, but they're all engaged with each other in the great room, in front of a fireplace. There are several people here who I really, really like, and since the site is small, the presence of those people (when they are in fact here!) is more obvious. I do wish YT was more active, though. Maybe there are some ways we can think of to have people feel more unified here - other than through the Yes connection - so they'll want to be a more regular part of the place. I think it's very worth it. :)

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:29 pm

There are MORE peacocks on YesTalk than YesFans...

Wonder if they taste like pheasant? :eek:
Hotel California

Billy Sherwood HQ

Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:43 pm

Someone said earlier more emoticons would be cool.

"Star Wars" emotes are great to play with and of course for me the one that comes in most handy from time to time is the one where the guy is "beating a dead horse"... :cool:

tribute1969
Starship Trooper

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:15 pm

How about....

Yesfans are like those....
"Rode Hard and Put Up Wet"....?
and
Yestalkers are like those that....
"Argue With A Fencepost!"

http://www.quotemountain.com/sayings/southern_sayings/
Hotel California

Billy Sherwood HQ

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:19 pm

yesireebob wrote:Billy. Amy. Please. STOP. Your bickering, carried over from another site, does not reflect well on EITHER of you. Just please take it back to Yesfans or continue via PMs, but please leave this board out of your petty quarrels. Thank you.

With all due respect... All I did was start reading a new thread here at YEStalk where a MOD and a guest were taking the piss out of me. I guess they both forgot I was a member before their "PETTY gossip" began.

When any one evokes my name in a "negative" manner I never consider my replies petty and nor should you. It's disrespectful enough without you adding more insult to my injury.

I can appreciate your desire to censor, all I'm saying is, poor choice of words.

P.S> I left it at YESFANS... Amy brought it here for YOU, not me !! I don't care about "reflections" I care about TRUTH. As a mod you should too.

yesireebob

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Roan's Lady wrote: Yestalk is that sort of party where there are less people, but they're all engaged with each other in the great room, in front of a fireplace. There are several people here who I really, really like, and since the site is small, the presence of those people (when they are in fact here!) is more obvious. I do wish YT was more active, though. Maybe there are some ways we can think of to have people feel more unified here - other than through the Yes connection - so they'll want to be a more regular part of the place. I think it's very worth it. :)

Yes, a room with a nice big fireplace. And lately, dominated by individuals whose only interest appears to be in being right at all costs. In citing authority and/or previous comments in other threads or even other boards to prove they are more virtuous. Who need to have the last word even as they swear off further bickering. Where people feel they have to "interrupt" to make a comment. In saying this, I am not just speaking to the bickering in this thread. It has been a problem across the board for some time now. No one wants to weigh in on a discussion that is going to erupt into personal bad blood, where any comment is going to challenged or lassoed into some else's agenda. I cannot imagine that a casual visitor would be the least bit interested in such personal tit-for-tat or feel compelled to ever come back to drop in for a discussion. Sadly, right now, it seems we are operating as a dysfunctional family that many have chosen to avoid. These are my views, spoken as an individual who frankly misses the good vibe we once had on this board. And, as a moderator, I am asking everyone to please remember this is a forum, not a person blog, and to please be respectful of others' views. Does that mean one cannot frankly state a dissenting opinion? Of course not. It would be BORING if we all agreed and shared the same views. Just try not to view a dissenting view as a personal attack or respond as though it were. Personal differences are best ironed out personally, on PMs or personal e-mails. When someone is clearly out of line, it might be better to ask a mod to step in rather than react in kind and making the room things unpleasant for everyone.

Peace, all.

yesireebob

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:51 pm

Billy Sherwood HQ wrote:With all due respect... All I did was start reading a new thread here at YEStalk where a MOD and a guest were taking the piss out of me. I guess they both forgot I was a member before their "PETTY gossip" began.

When any one evokes my name in a "negative" manner I never consider my replies petty and nor should you. It's disrespectful enough without you adding more insult to my injury.

I can appreciate your desire to censor, all I'm saying is, poor choice of words.

P.S> I left it at YESFANS... Amy brought it here for YOU, not me !! I don't care about "reflections" I care about TRUTH. As a mod you should too.

Billy, it was brought up in this thread that the presence of band members, former band members and/or their significant others can be a mixed bag on a fan forum. As both a former band member who has chosen to be a member on various fan forums, you have injected yourself in the midst of that discussion. I am sure that is awkward for you. It is also awkward for everyone else. It is a valid topic of discussion. But. Your spat with Amy really had nothing to do with any of that. It was personal stuff. It was like a barroom brawl that spilled out into the street. It was unwelcome. This was not censorship, it was more of a bouncer function. I am asking you to please keep your personal disputes with other members in the realm of the personal, and leave it off the board.

Chris2210

Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:57 pm

I'd just like to reiterate what Linda has just said - we seem to be in a game of 'have the last word' here. It does no-one any credit and the ill-feeling it perpetuates is infectious.

I respect (and what I know of them) like both of the antagonists here... which makes it doubly disconcerting. If you really feel you can't resolve your differences I'd respectfully request you keep the dispute private... or simply ignore each other if you have to. Thanks.
I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.

Billy Sherwood HQ

Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:09 pm

yesireebob wrote:Billy, it was brought up in this thread that the presence of band members, former band members and/or their significant others can be a mixed bag on a fan forum. As both a former band member who has chosen to be a member on various fan forums, you have injected yourself in the midst of that discussion. I am sure that is awkward for you. It is also awkward for everyone else. It is a valid topic of discussion. But. Your spat with Amy really had nothing to do with any of that. It was personal stuff. It was like a barroom brawl that spilled out into the street. It was unwelcome. This was not censorship, it was more of a bouncer function. I am asking you to please keep your personal disputes with other members in the realm of the personal, and leave it off the board.

I joined here in the spirit of fun, honesty and CANDOR. I am active on floyd, genesis , YES , PE, bass player and many many more... No one at any of those is uncomfortable to say anything to me. MODS included.

"90125" certainly doesnt feel uncomfortable calling my work a "Shitty Mess" in the OYE thread lol... AND I am not uncomfortable reading it and responding in a "jovial manner".

FYI : you said "I AM SURE it must be awkward for you", you couldn't be more wrong, please don't put words in my mouth and with such conviction. I enjoy the bannter, FREEDOM of expression is what I/it's is all about. As an American I am proud of the fact it is that way... bring it on !!

My intial intent was to spread some Xmas cheer here with the link to my Xmas songs... That was one thing YESFANS had that YESTALK didn't.
I got distracted when I saw my name being used to set the tone for the "we're better than them" argument... One mans Valid is another mans PETTY... SORRY.

Interesting to me how you phrase it as "my spat with Amy" and in your last post you give me top billing "Billy and Amy"... If you can't tell who lit the fuse and put it into context CORRECTLY that's not my problem, but it is offensive as hell to me "personally" at this point in the thread. That's the only awkwardness I'm feeling here, ironic you generated it lol...

No need to beat the dead horse any further. You don't need to rub my face in the bullshit anymore, I got your message loud and clear. Click this and let it go now.
www.myspace.com/billysherwoodproductions Ho Ho Ho...

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:00 pm

tribute1969 wrote:There are MORE peacocks on YesTalk than YesFans...

Wonder if they taste like pheasant? :eek:

:jestera: :jestera: :jestera: Image

Frequent visitors to my yard

Billy Sherwood HQ

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote: :jestera: :jestera: :jestera: Image

Frequent visitors to my yard

Very cool !! And I hear they taste like chicken :D

Greenglade's Frog
Starship Trooper

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:23 pm

Billy Sherwood HQ wrote:Very cool !! And I hear they taste like chicken :D

Perhaps in a Pre-Raphaelite painting way they are cool

Terry Shea
Charter Member

Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:34 pm

Billy Sherwood HQ wrote:I joined here in the spirit of fun, honesty and CANDOR. I am active on floyd, genesis , YES , PE, bass player and many many more... No one at any of those is uncomfortable to say anything to me. MODS included.

"90125" certainly doesnt feel uncomfortable calling my work a "Shitty Mess" in the OYE thread lol... AND I am not uncomfortable reading it and responding in a "jovial manner".

FYI : you said "I AM SURE it must be awkward for you", you couldn't be more wrong, please don't put words in my mouth and with such conviction. I enjoy the bannter, FREEDOM of expression is what I/it's is all about. As an American I am proud of the fact it is that way... bring it on !!

My intial intent was to spread some Xmas cheer here with the link to my Xmas songs... That was one thing YESFANS had that YESTALK didn't.
I got distracted when I saw my name being used to set the tone for the "we're better than them" argument... One mans Valid is another mans PETTY... SORRY.

Interesting to me how you phrase it as "my spat with Amy" and in your last post you give me top billing "Billy and Amy"... If you can't tell who lit the fuse and put it into context CORRECTLY that's not my problem, but it is offensive as hell to me "personally" at this point in the thread. That's the only awkwardness I'm feeling here, ironic you generated it lol...

No need to beat the dead horse any further. You don't need to rub my face in the bullshit anymore, I got your message loud and clear. Click this and let it go now.
www.myspace.com/billysherwoodproductions Ho Ho Ho...
I'm sorry Billy, but if you came here looking to express yourself freely you came to the wrong place. If you came here to shed light on a difference of opinion with the powers that be, that is not welcome here. Free speech is not tolerated here unless you happen to have the very same viewpoint as the 2 most militant moderators here (most of the moderators here are actually quite pleasant people, but they're sheep). If you give an opinion contrary to their own, expect to be insulted, slandered, stereotyped and have your threads locked because they're power hungry and cannot tolerate any opinion other than their own. They don't want any discourse, they don't want any reason or logic, they'll just try to silence you anyway they can because they can. Just check out some of the threads in the "Other Skylines" Forum. That should be a real eye-opener for ya. :)
My personal myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/terryshea
My music myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/ahdubicke
Ignore the problem and it will go away.-some dead moron