Jon Anderson :D

This is our general YEStalk area.
Drop in and say hi, and join or start a new Yes-related topic.

Moderator: N2yes

NumberNine

Jon Anderson :D

Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:55 pm

I hope this subforum is the wright place, to talk about Jons Soloalbums.

I have just listened to Song of Seven Today. This is an album that always makes me happy when i listen to it, wich is not quite often, to be honest, but when i do so i enjoy it a lot.

Everybody Loves You and Song of Seven are one of my favourite Songs in jons solowork. He can be a very good songwriter, though i do not consider him as the typical singer/songwriter like Bob Dylan or someone like that.

Jon did some great albums like olias of course or animation, song of seven. But there are also some albums out which are not my kind. I do not realy feel comfortable with toltec or the newer albums. i wonder what happens when he goes back and does something like olias 2. That would be something great! and its easier than doing relayer 2 or tales 2 :D

tardistraveler

Re: Jon Anderson :D

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:47 pm

Well, there's certainly no WRONG forum to discuss Jon's work, but actually, I think this may really belong in the Yestalk forum. If an admin happens to stop by and agrees with me, they can move it there.

Otherwise, we'll talk here . . . :)

Just noticed THIS link on another site where Jon has been doing some collaboration with a guy named Tom Curiano - he has some samples of the work with Jon posted on his MySpace page . . .

http://www.myspace.com/tomcuriano

Check it out - it's really good to hear Jon's voice again . . .

yesireebob

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:24 am

I agree this belongs in the main forum. I'll move it there once I figure out how...

sound_chaser

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:23 am

I love the Song Of Seven album, but I mainly only listen to side two of that album these days. Days/Song Of Seven, is such a wonderful pairing, don't you think?

Relayer
Starship Trooper

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:59 am

[quote="tardistraveler"]Well, there's certainly no WRONG forum to discuss Jon's work, but actually, I think this may really belong in the Yestalk forum. If an admin happens to stop by and agrees with me, they can move it there.

Otherwise, we'll talk here . . . :)

Just noticed THIS link on another site where Jon has been doing some collaboration with a guy named Tom Curiano - he has some samples of the work with Jon posted on his MySpace page . . .

http://www.myspace.com/tomcuriano

Check it out - it's really good to hear Jon's voice again . . .[/QUOTE

Thanks for the link, It is so good to hear Jon again, Do we know how old this stuff is?

tardistraveler

Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:38 pm

Tom Curiano stated on another site that it's fairly recent - since Jon's illness, and that they have some plans in February to finish things up . . . hope that's accurate.

Roan's Lady

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:58 pm

sound_chaser wrote:I love the Song Of Seven album, but I mainly only listen to side two of that album these days. Days/Song Of Seven, is such a wonderful pairing, don't you think?
Yes, I do think - very well. :)
tardistraveler wrote:Tom Curiano stated on another site that it's fairly recent - since Jon's illness, and that they have some plans in February to finish things up . . . hope that's accurate.
"The Knowing pt 1" is the best musical piece I've heard that has involved Jon on lead vocals in a very long time. That includes Yes' Magnification.
His collaboration with Tom Curiano is a good one, and he sounds in good form.
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari

the greenman
Veteran Member

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:05 pm

I think Henry Potts ( Bondegezou) has indicated that the latest Jon collaborations are actually those with Stephen Layton (out there on myspace..). He seems to be working with a variety of people in an attempt to cover a lot of ground!

Henry things that the Tom C stuff predates Jon's most serious illness, which is why he sounds so 'breathy' on some of them, but I agree they do sound wonderful & hold out a lot of promise.

Keep getting strong, Jon! We're all routing for you!!

failsafenow

Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:58 am

Hey folks...
Tom C here. Glad that you're enjoying what you hear. To clarify: the songs currently on my myspace predate Jon's illness. There are 3 other tracks that I previously posted that are post illness. They were "Beginning", "Blessings Of Water", and a song called "How". It's pretty obvious when you hear those tunes that Jon's voice was hurting a bit.
I will rotate the tunes over the next few days, so you'll get a chance to hear those as well.
tc

tardistraveler

Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:43 pm

Hi, Tom!

Thanks for stopping by with this update. We're all enjoying the tracks you've posted, and looking forward to the finished products . . . ;)

TaterMouse
Charter Member

Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Song of Seven is AWESOME. Love that tune.

I can't remember the words exactly, but there's a BIG part right before the softness at the end where he belts out something like, "In the seventh dream, your smile will bring, love on and on..." Great piece of music.

For some reason I always liked Unlearning from Animation.

One of my favorites is oddly the first four songs on Toltec (That whole "Talk, talk is easy" thing.)

There's so much good Jon music and it's so diverse. It's hard not to like. Every album is a wonderful diffent experience.
"So back it up to a biscuit there Eric!!"
~N2Yes

tardistraveler

Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:40 pm

I always enjoyed his collaborations with Vangelis, and have most, if not all, of those albums. Some definite "soul-stirrers" among those songs . . . beautiful!

TaterMouse
Charter Member

Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:59 pm

tardistraveler wrote:I always enjoyed his collaborations with Vangelis, and have most, if not all, of those albums. Some definite "soul-stirrers" among those songs . . . beautiful!
KaBlam! Forgot about those. Private Collection is superior with Horizon being nothing less than astounding.
~N2Yes

tardistraveler

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:18 pm

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =156212061

Here's a link to some of the stuff Jon's doing with Stephen Layton.

TaterMouse
Charter Member

Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Thanks for that. I wasn't aware of the stuff he was doing now! Awesome!
~N2Yes