the fragility of fragile

Every Yes album has great artwork, and some of our members are also very talented. Talk about and showcase YesArt here.
**We_HaVe_HeAvEn**

the fragility of fragile

Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:40 am

The fragile cover ilustrate the serenity and a new level of the music of yes.the front cover illustration is an ship going towards a planet,i think the ship represents the band going throught a new era or in search of a new sound.
The album is to me a beginning of the real progressive yes era.
do anyone agreed with me when i say that yes has a classic sounding that they only got when they stepped in their progressive albums.
The fragile album is kida like a acid trip throught the colors of the sound of the music that swims in a sea of complexity and serenity.

flowering
Veteran Member

Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:08 pm

That one was the real first "progyescover" but what about close to the edge? it was before fragile wasn't it?

tim4003

Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:44 am

flowering wrote:That one was the real first "progyescover" but what about close to the edge? it was before fragile wasn't it?
'Fragile' was first, the 'Close To The Edge'.

topographic_drama1980
Starship Trooper

Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:27 am

Fragile was released in Jan '72 and CTTE was released in September '72. I do like the Fragile cover a lot better. The CTTE cover is nice but it's too plain. My favorite cover come in a tie between Relayer and Drama.
Ascend and Create!

ImstillYesmam
Veteran Member

Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:20 am

I love the Fragile cover art, but Relayer artwork is amazing and my favorite of the Yes covers, am considering gettin the snake from that cover tattooed on my calf.

I don't think the cover art from Jon's "Olias of Sunhillow" has ever been outdone, it's amazing. I bought the CD and was so disappointed that I couldn't see the details, Proff had an extra copy of the album, so now I have that. Every time I look at it, I find something I hadn't seen before.
Theres a time, and the time is now, and it's right for me,
Theres a word, and word is love, and it's right for me. [:yes]

topographic_drama1980
Starship Trooper

Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:58 am

ImstillYesmam wrote:I love the Fragile cover art, but Relayer artwork is amazing and my favorite of the Yes covers, am considering gettin the snake from that cover tattooed on my calf.

Now, that would look hot! :-D
Ascend and Create!