Page 1 of 1

Album Cover Album

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:07 pm
by thehallway
Anyone else come across Roger Dean and Storm Thorgerson's book "Album Cover Album"? I think its actually quite old but it's been updated and I recently bought the new version. Theres loads of great pictures in there, a lot of which are recognisable from the classic era of music. And Dean mentions that his favourite of his own covers is Relayer, which is mine too!

Re: Album Cover Album

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:48 pm
by happytheman
thehallway wrote:Anyone else come across Roger Dean and Storm Thorgerson's book "Album Cover Album"? I think its actually quite old but it's been updated and I recently bought the new version. Theres loads of great pictures in there, a lot of which are recognisable from the classic era of music. And Dean mentions that his favourite of his own covers is Relayer, which is mine too!
I've often wanted to buy his series of books. They are a bit "pricey". I guess I'm always hopeful I will find one of them at my local book fair that happens 4 times a year. That's where you can find all of those "out of print" etc. $40+ hardbacks for $5.
Maybe I'll look on Amazon and see what folks are asking.

Re: Album Cover Album

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:06 pm
by tardistraveler
happytheman wrote:I've often wanted to buy his series of books. They are a bit "pricey". I guess I'm always hopeful I will find one of them at my local book fair that happens 4 times a year. That's where you can find all of those "out of print" etc. $40+ hardbacks for $5.
Maybe I'll look on Amazon and see what folks are asking.

You can often find used copies available on Amazon too, or if you just Google the thing, you'll come up with other sellers. I've gotten some good prices on used books over the internet - not eBay, but sites like Amazon, Books-A-Million, etc.

Re: Album Cover Album

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:20 pm
by Coffee_&_Cigarettes
thehallway wrote:Anyone else come across Roger Dean and Storm Thorgerson's book "Album Cover Album"? I think its actually quite old but it's been updated and I recently bought the new version. Theres loads of great pictures in there, a lot of which are recognisable from the classic era of music. And Dean mentions that his favourite of his own covers is Relayer, which is mine too!
I had that book at some point but lost it when I moved to my new house. But I had the old version, I think it was from the 70´s or something, I found it in this old book store that sells used & rare books. Storm´s work is pure awesomeness, and yeah the Relayer cover art is my favorite as well, astonishing work.

Re: Album Cover Album

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:56 am
by WillTruman
tardistraveler wrote:
happytheman wrote:I've often wanted to buy his series of books. They are a bit "pricey". I guess I'm always hopeful I will find one of them at my local book fair that happens 4 times a year. That's where you can find all of those "out of print" etc. $40+ hardbacks for $5.
Maybe I'll look on Amazon and see what folks are asking.

You can often find used copies available on Amazon too, or if you just Google the thing, you'll come up with other sellers. I've gotten some good prices on used books over the internet - not eBay, but sites like Amazon, Books-A-Million, etc.
I just came across this thread, nonetheless, I'd have to agree with this statement, yup, Amazon may be able to help you out for those used copies. :)